Hacking N-card pissing me off

tenja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Nope i only formatted once using the intergrated one and full format but my save is destroyed

Samsonis87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try turning the DS off then on again quickly. The open something like DSpad/mouse or the organiser where the avse doesn't matter. works for me every time.

NightCrawlerz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
arrgghhh!!! i was hoping for an answer!!

i had the same problem... i just bought an N-card. when i first bought it, it had the 1.23a version... i upgraded it to 1.45...

but the problem still there... every time i restart my ds (overnight...) .. the save file was gone... and i had to start all over again! is there anyway to fix this? or is there something that we supposed to do before we can start saving games?

i realized that the N-card 1.45 version had the AUTO detect save... but it doesn't seemed to work... do we have to try one by one until we get the right save format?

please reply!!! i want to start playing my ds!!

i'm starting to hate the N-card...
dry.gif

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEVER FORMAT YOUR CARD WITH YOUR COMPUTER!
IT CAUSES PROBLEMS!
People buy an Ncard, ignore the instructions and then whine about it!

NightCrawlerz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i never format it with my computer...

i used the L+R+A+B+up wtv instruction to upgrade my ncard...
but i still got the save problem...

maybe i should just copy the save 2 my com everytime i play....
dry.gif

OMG!!! please help mee!!! i've checked any possible errors in my N-card, the battery, the save memory, formatted it 4 times... and the problem is there!!! ARGGHHHH!!! it's drivin me nuts!!!
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

hey.. the people that have this problem, what did you do so far? does backing the save everytime you play works?... cuz i'm not in the mood playing my ds right now.. not until i fix this prob...

KFM

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know that on the DSLinker it had an option about saving after you turn it on.

There was a file called lastsave.sdb ( don't quote me on that ) that updated the save file for that game every time you turned it on.

Maybe that option is off? I know on the Linker there was a folder called DSYSTEM that had a config file in it.

wilsey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.emuxhaven.net
XP
Country
alot of these cards tend to have dud batterys, 2 solutions

1. After playing your game, switch of your DS and restart again quickly and select another game, your last save should of been saved.

2. RETURN your card to where you bought it for a replacement.

NightCrawlerz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I know that on the DSLinker it had an option about saving after you turn it on.

There was a file called lastsave.sdb ( don't quote me on that ) that updated the save file for that game every time you turned it on.

Maybe that option is off? I know on the Linker there was a folder called DSYSTEM that had a config file in it.

how do you turn it on? when i open up the config.. (i think it's the one named "global" is it? well it's the only one where we can change things...) all i can see is.. jiberish... i think it's supposed to be mandarin or japanese... i dunno.. u tell me...
and i see a lot of 0 and 1

QUOTEalot of these cards tend to have dud batterys, 2 solutions

1. After playing your game, switch of your DS and restart again quickly and select another game, your last save should of been saved.

2. RETURN your card to where you bought it for a replacement.

yeah.. i was planning to return the card and change for an R4 if it's still not working...

NightCrawlerz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
soft reset? -___-"
how?
tongue.gif

anyway... the card does save... if i restart my ds quickly the save is still there (sometimes)... but... leave it a night.. wait.. not a night... leave it for around 2 hours and it's gone... even if u soft reset it... in the end u still need to turn of your ds... and when u go to sleep... in the morning ur save is gone...

well.. i don't exactly know the time period before the safe is erased... but... that's what happened...

wilsey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.emuxhaven.net
XP
Country
soft reset isnt gonna work, it's a hardware problem not a software one, a good battery (mine) can hold a save for up to 2 weeks before it gets erased

NightCrawler , send that sucker back for a replacement

NightCrawlerz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hmm.. so it does erase? interesting...

that sux... so, if u don't play ur ds for 2 weeks it'll erase ur file by itself?
kay, i'll send this sucker back! (argh... have to wait for the weekend 2 return these... crap..)

for the time being... keep posting for any other possible solution
tongue.gif

KFM

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really don't think it should even only last for two weeks. I have some saves back from July that I could play today if I wanted.

But yeah, sounds like a battery problem. Sorry, bud.

wilsey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.emuxhaven.net
XP
Country
seemed to of got picked up wrong

The NCARD should hold the save in battery for upto 2weeks without being switched back on to write the save file to nand, which will hold it for as long as you want

hope that a little easier to understand
smile.gif

NightCrawlerz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
anyway... i've to say good buy to the N-card thread...
well i'm gonna be around in the R4 section...

Cya all!!
my interpretation of N-Card: i think it sux...
tongue.gif
(no harm feelings... i'm just mad at the broken save thingy..)

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So many people eager to jump on the R4. They're going to be really disappointed when that cart doesn't get any more updates.

So you got a defected cart, no biggie. It happens. Your R4 could show up defective too. Which cart you gonna jump to then?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone