Gaming MySims dumped

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm really enjoying it so far. For one, it's completely adorable. I love the new chibi Sims approach and I also enjoy the fact that they did away with a lot of the tedious stuff like going to the bathroom and whatnot -- it was a quirky and fun addition to past games, but this is more enjoyable and streamlined. It also looks a hell of lot better on the DS than Sims 2 or The Urbz. Those games had a lot going for them, but I think the look of My Sims works a lot better on the DS.

zeppo

change my avatar!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
why edit my post...?

I'm just asking for someone to pm me with a link.

I mean, I pm'd a few people with links to sakeburein...

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, after playing it some more there are a couple of things that are dragging the experience down a bit for me. One, the fishing. It's obviously going to play a pretty large role in satisfying the fisher dude, and the fishing itself sucks. Aside from the tedium of having to go through a couple of menus each time just to cast your rod, the fishing itself is a very unenjoyable process. In look, fishing is almost identical to ACWW, but they had to try to complicate it, perhaps thinking it would make an interesting change. Well, it ain't.

And two, the conversations. It's all guess work, and the conversations, too, play a huge role in the gameplay. It's cute, but tedious.

evadwolrab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers for the thoughts ir, I reckon you've put more hours in than me.

Personally I was just hoping for a cuter version of the normal Sims formula (a la EA's usual incremental releases) but I guess they've gone for something a bit different.

I agree about the conversations as well - although I suppose you have to gauge their facial expression and from there guess.

Switchy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Does anyone know what to do after the paraglider assignment?
I did the paraglider thing and just roamed around talking to people but I can't figure out what to do next..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning