OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Ok,
I started adding Check Points yesterday that I realized, gosh, I hate this whole code. Even though I heavily modified TonyPaa's tutorial codes in order to make them more sane, it was still not what that would please me, so I told my self, fudge it, lets rewrite some parts in order to hit several targets with one arrow.
(if you are interested, those targets were: 1-giving advantage of easily add/remove doors/teleports/tiles/etc without defining object for each of them 2-making it easier for making the game/engine to read map from a text file and thus paving the way for Map Editor).

So I started integrating all stuff into my map array and removing those not reusable objects that he made and making them my own (not OOP still, but at least reusable) and finished 1/3 of the work as of yesterday (integrated Tiles, Enemies, Door arrays into Map array and making scrolling and buildmap compatible with those).

Today I came here as a happy temper to continue my work that I realized, man, I dont get it, still.

Its like a rotten net, whenever I try to fix one part (like not restricting certain tiles for walkability), it tears apart somewhere else.
I managed to not let the code go over 2K lines but still tweaking each part ruins somewhere else, completely.

Mainly, there are three major problems here:
1- I cant see the whole project as a whole and details of every function and thus my designs work at some point and fails when combining it with another section
2- damn stupid ActionScript which is not compiled but interpreted and doesnt even gives warning on most simple programming errors/bugs.
3- working with TonyPaa's tutorials. His tutorials are good if you just read them and leave them behind and not to use them actually since not even two of them can work along and this adds additional work to make them integrate together.

I'm so frustrated, after all these hours, this seems so hard.

and worst of all is ActionScript community, I asked my questions in 5 forums and didnt even get one answer from them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :( +1