Hacking My Wii needs repair, but I don't know what I'll get back. Help

HUELEN10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously I will get something with 4.0 back, but since I have been out of the loop for the pat month or so, I don't know what to do. Will USB Loaders still work? Can I still install forwarder for one? Before sending it in, is there anything I should be doing?

I am kinda worried, I haven't done any piracy, but I am still a bit paranoid as bad luck seems to happen to me a lot and this is my 8th or so Wii, and I have bought too much VC too lose...

I read http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=133557 but it doesn't seem up to date, so I don't know if it will do me any good...

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8th Wii?

8th?

What do you do to those things!? XD

Anyway, all Wii's can be hacked at this point, so no matter what you'll be able to get the USB Loader up and running on it, but if you don't get your original Wii back you probably won't be able to install BootMii-boot2 (assuming you could in the first place).

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
if you wanna be safe, uninstall all the illegal channels (illegal vc/wiiware, HBC,...)
When you want it to be totally virgin, uninstall cIOS249 and re-install all IOS you replaced by cIOS (if you have them)
Maybe you can leave bootmii installed (do a nand backup!) since it won't show without the SD

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Usually they send it back with the firmware that it had whn you bought it, sometimes with the version you had at time of breakdown. Even if they send it back with 4.0 you should be OK, and that includes a Forwader. 8 Wii's? WTF?!

HUELEN10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
if you wanna be safe, uninstall all the illegal channels (illegal vc/wiiware, HBC,...)
When you want it to be totally virgin, uninstall cIOS249 and re-install all IOS you replaced by cIOS (if you have them)
Maybe you can leave bootmii installed (do a nand backup!) since it won't show without the SD
No worries, besides the HBC, the only other wad is a forwarder, but I have installed and not properly removed other forwarders in the past. Will the tickets from these be of concern? How do I uninstall cIOS, and how do I replace it with official IOS? Also, I have no bootmii as it will not work, and I have a ton of purchased content. Will that content be safe?

What exactly does Nintendo do when they replace/fix your Wii?

olliepop2000

Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
Boot2 Bootmii flashes the drive slot on powerup without the SD card.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cIOS doesn't replace anything, so you just uninstall it by deleting IOS249 in AnyTitleDeleter.

I assume the problem you're having is a disc drive issue, right?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
HUELEN10 said:
tj_cool said:
No worries, besides the HBC, the only other wad is a forwarder, but I have installed and not properly removed other forwarders in the past. Will the tickets from these be of concern? How do I uninstall cIOS, and how do I replace it with official IOS? Also, I have no bootmii as it will not work, and I have a ton of purchased content. Will that content be safe?

What exactly does Nintendo do when they replace/fix your Wii?

You can uninstall the forwarder with the wad manager (select the wad and press - )
For uninstalling cIOS249, use the cIOS-Uninstaller (see waninkokos blog or google it), but this step is not really that important
If you have any other cIOS, you can install their IOS which will overwrite them (but thats probably not needed aswell)
Your content will be safe
smile.gif

Depends on what they have to fix. Maybe share that, if its a homebrew problem we can help

olliepop2000 said:
QUOTE(tj_cool @ Jun 5 2009, 08:13 PM)
Boot2 Bootmii flashes the drive slot on powerup without the SD card.
Isn't that supposed to happen?

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
could you humor us and tell us what happened to all your wii's? and why you think this one is broken?
tongue.gif

HUELEN10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
manias said:
could you humor us and tell us what happened to all your wii's? and why you think this one is broken?
tongue.gif

I humor no one, you want humor, go and see a freaking comedian.
mad.gif

rolleyes.gif
lol, but seriously most of the time it has been GPU failure. The SPARKLING PIXELS OF DOOM don't lie. This time it is different though. Faint vertical lines, and splotchy textures....

Also, I don't have the original wads for some of the forwarders I was trying out for the USB loader. Am I screwed?

QUOTE(olliepop2000 @ Jun 5 2009, 09:38 PM) Yeah, but if the slot flashes thats a slight giveaway.
what are you talking about?

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You might not get a Wii with 4.0 on it. I just sent mine in 2 weeks ago cause I bricked it and I got back a new Wii with 3.3U on it. All my legit VC content and Wii Point credits were transfered over to my new Wii Code account so I could redownload for free anything I had previously purchased in the Shopping Channel. Because I bricked mine I lost all my save data so I am not sure if they would copy any of that stuff for you. If not then back up your game saves so you can transfer them to the new Wii.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
HUELEN10 said:
manias said:
tongue.gif

I humor no one, you want humor, go and see a freaking comedian.
mad.gif

rolleyes.gif
lol, but seriously most of the time it has been GPU failure. The SPARKLING PIXELS OF DOOM don't lie. This time it is different though. Faint vertical lines, and splotchy textures....

Also, I don't have the original wads for some of the forwarders I was trying out for the USB loader. Am I screwed?
You can also use the any title deleter

QUOTE(olliepop2000 @ Jun 5 2009, 09:38 PM) Yeah, but if the slot flashes thats a slight giveaway.
what are you talking about?

That was pointed at me
wink.gif

HUELEN10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smack said:
You might not get a Wii with 4.0 on it. I just sent mine in 2 weeks ago cause I bricked it and I got back a new Wii with 3.3U on it. All my legit VC content and Wii Point credits were transfered over to my new Wii Code account so I could redownload for free anything I had previously purchased in the Shopping Channel. Because I bricked mine I lost all my save data so I am not sure if they would copy any of that stuff for you. If not then back up your game saves so you can transfer them to the new Wii.
Did you have any tickets on your wii that shouldn't have been there? This worries me due to or 2 forwarders that were not properly removed, as well as cIOS.... God, should I worry, or am I being paranoid?

HUELEN10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
olliepop2000 said:
It was @tj_cool.
Are you sure you have sufficient cooling around your Wii? They could be overheating and causing all those failures?
Yes, everything is well-ventilated, WiiConnect24 standby is off, and the room never goes above 74 degrees F which is just 2 degrees above room temp.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
oof yeah they do sound like hardware failures.. weirdddd
olliepop2k may be on to something tho, got yer wii in a closed cabinet? (or do you live in death valley
tongue.gif
)

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
HUELEN10 said:
Did you have any tickets on your wii that shouldn't have been there? This worries me due to or 2 forwarders that were not properly removed, as well as cIOS.... God, should I worry, or am I being paranoid?
I did. I had HBC and the tickets for a ton of VC/WiiWare content that was stored on a SD card. But I low level bricked my Wii so they never saw what I had installed on it.

HUELEN10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smack said:
HUELEN10 said:
I did. I had HBC and the tickets for a ton of VC/WiiWare content that was stored on a SD card. But I low level bricked my Wii so they never saw what I had installed on it.
Mine is GPU failure. What do you think my fate will be? I have no pirated VC or WiiWare, but I would doubt they would care...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y