Hardware My Wii is not receiving any messages...

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't received any messages for the past 2 months. I'm using a BT Home Hub 2.0 and I did the tweaks to make it work i.e. MTU value set to 1500, set the router to b/g instead of b/g/n, etc. I've sent e-mails to my Wii last week and nothing came through. Strange thing is when I re-registered my e-mails in the address book, I replied to those e-mails, the e-mail names went black from gray but did not get any message at all.

Sending is OK but not receiving. I don't receive any msgs from Mario Kart Wii anymore.

Can someone help me pls.

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Here are my settings:

I agreed to that agreement thingy that I can use the Wii Shop and WC24.
WiiConnect24 and Standby Connection = ON
LED Illumination = Bright

I just remembered that when I went to the Mario Kart channel a few days ago, I "opted out of all messages from games and channels". Is that why I'm not receiving any messages? I recently opted back in the Mario Kart channel.

I have to wait Monday to contact Nintendo... Please help.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The settings sound like it should work.

And yes, if you Opt-Out to receive messages from Mario Kart, you won't receive any letters from it. But now that you Opt'd back in, you should receive them.

Maybe try exchanging Wii Codes with someone from GBAtemp, and have them send you a message.

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your time Brian.

Well Brian here helped me by trying to send a message to my Wii. I didn't receive any but he received the message I sent to his Wii.

I've done everything, setting the Wii to static IP, MTU value, resetting the Wii, the router, everything but the port forward thing (can't find a guide on how to do it on a BT Home Hub)...

Quiche_on_a_leas

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You don't need to do any port forwarding, I didn't for my home hub, it's older and thus far crappier. (That and all important ports are open and point to my pc)

But if you want to play with port forwarding on yours then go on to the home hub (api.home is a quick address to it) goto: Advanced -> Configuration -> Application Sharing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D