Hacking My USB Loader isn't working right. Please help?(:

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried burning one of my games on to it for the first time and it downloaded and everything, but when I went to go play it, it said that I had to have a different IOS on or something? I'm not sure what do so can someone please give me some tips? My Wii is 4.3U by the way. If that helps...

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the game? And by "burning" it, do you mean downloading it to the HD or burning the game to a DVD-R? Also, what is the exact message?

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
w!! said:
What is the game? And by "burning" it, do you mean downloading it to the HD or burning the game to a DVD-R? Also, what is the exact message?
Downloading it to the hard drive. Well right now I'm using an SD card in a USB adapter. I was just testing it to make sure that everything will work right when I get my hard drive. At the time I was downloading Wii Sports Resort, but I deleted it so I downloaded Wii Sports because it's smaller. It says...

"IOS (249)
ERROR: cIOS249rev18, cIOS222v4, cIOS223v4, cIOS2224v5 or higher required for starting games from a FAT partition! Upgrade IOS249 or choose a different IOS.

Set_frag: -128
ERROR: SetWBFS: -128"

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easiest thing to do is what the error tells you and install the latest version of Wanin's ciosx 249 or Hermes IOS 222.

Search up the latest cIOSx installer - rev 20b and install it on IOS56 in slot 249... or install hermes from here

http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_utilidad-ul...wiiware_1217626

You may also be able to config the usb loader to use 236 depending on which one you are using.

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you probably don't have a compatible cios installed for loading from a fat partition. install one of the cios's you listed above. that should do it.

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
w!! said:
Easiest thing to do is what the error tells you and install the latest version of Wanin's ciosx 249 or Hermes IOS 222.

Search up the latest cIOSx installer - rev 20b and install it on IOS56 in slot 249... or install hermes from here

http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_utilidad-ul...wiiware_1217626

You may also be able to config the usb loader to use 236 depending on which one you are using.
Is there like a guide on how to do this? Because that's really confusing... ):

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs