My update on my black screen progresses ..please help anyone!

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by hamodwii, Jan 6, 2010.

1. hamodwii

Newcomer hamodwii Newbie

Oct 24, 2009
    United States
    Hi my wii bricked into black screen when starting the wii.

here what i did:
    the wii is NTSC US it was 3.2 i updated it to 4.2 via nintendo and all modding was gone i was trying to use the sd menu to remodde it when it got stuck and i unploughed the power cable and it just went to a black screen ever since.

here how i tried to solve it:
    1-purchased a drive key i installed it into a working wii and went to the setup menu and set it up to autoboot.
    2-opend the black screen wii and fixed the chip.
    3-used the savemiifrii method and got into the recovery menu with 4.2 at the bottom.
    4-insert a ntsc us back up of SSBB the drive key give a blue light on and off (i realy thought that it will run!).
    5-the 4.2 disapered and it went to a black screen and the blue light stopped but the dvd kept on spinning.
    6-tried an orignal NTSC US game (wii play) the smae thing.

this is my progress so far i am stuck now .
    please any one any idea ?
    did i missed something ?
    can any one help me plaese?

also i noticed that a plug at it holder is kind of burned a little dose it have to do anything with it?
    thats the cable:
  2. razorback78

Member razorback78 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 3, 2009
    in as much as i want to help you on your brick issue, i could not suggest any for the recovery mode for i have not tried it yet. maybe you could check on here:

or better yet post this on the wii hacking forums so that a more experienced person may assist you.

hope this helps anyhow.