atkh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello...

I will tell you my problem from the beginning ... I bought device of xecuter sx pro and micro sd 128gb

At first I downloaded from the site a file of sx os 2.0.1 and it had a boot ... I transferred it to sd card and then ... I am turned on the switch by the device of xecuter team ....i showed the interface of sx os i select option after that i install auto rcm THEN i select ((boot custom fw or boot original fw)) from interface of sx os

note:since it happened My switch does not work(turn on) (((black screen)) Except if turn on with device of sx pro then it turn on without PROBLEMS

and if i turn on my swtich by the way of i told you ,,,the system asked me to update to the latest updata to read SD card but I was afraid to do it

so That's why I decided to do as he do in this video so I can be on 6.0.1

At 6:15 it was brick my switch when still evry thing fine for him

now my switch it's not turn on even with the device ...just when i used tegrarcmjui and select playload.bin... it showed the interface of sx os but if i select ((boot custom fw or boot original fw)) ..Switch Stuck at Logo.

plz help me to find solve

sorry for my English...i used google translate

Last edited by atkh,

Irocadiext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my friend has somewhat similar issue but with atmosphere cfw.
friend updated to 6.2 with choidujournx. I think he had some type of error or crash at end of update. Now he can t load Atmosphere cfw. says he s using newest version. He tries to load atmosphere, after switch log and nintendo logo he gets error screen: error 2162-0002. then black screen i think.

Weird thing is, he can boot up into ofw somehow fine. its asking for an sd update. I think maybe its the SDXC vs SDHC problem, but he s banned so he cant get the update. Not sure if he lost exfat support or what. Thought that was impossible as choidujournx forces autorcm. In ofw now his gms want updates. And supposedly can t restore his nand backup. I think its from older fw. Apparently Reinx won t load for him either. Is he screwed. can he get back into atmosphere????? any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Irocadiext,

cyndor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
congratulations you are the X person to brick following this guide. Feel free to use the search and see if anyone else managed to unbrick.

Reactions: nachuz

Irocadiext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know. I def thought your smug sarcasm was super helpful to someone trying to fix their bricked system. I m trying to help a friend out and his crying 10 yr old. sorry that was a problem.

Reactions: mikefor20

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hello...

I will tell you my problem from the beginning ... I bought device of xecuter sx pro and micro sd 128gb

At first I downloaded from the site a file of sx os 2.0.1 and it had a boot ... I transferred it to sd card and then ... I am turned on the switch by the device of xecuter team ....i showed the interface of sx os i select option after that i install auto rcm THEN i select ((boot custom fw or boot original fw)) from interface of sx os

note:since it happened My switch does not work(turn on) (((black screen)) Except if turn on with device of sx pro then it turn on without PROBLEMS

and if i turn on my swtich by the way of i told you ,,,the system asked me to update to the latest updata to read SD card but I was afraid to do it

now my switch it's not turn on even with the device ...just when i used tegrarcmjui and select playload.bin... it showed the interface of sx os but if i select ((boot custom fw or boot original fw)) ..Switch Stuck at Logo.

Okay I'm going to ask you this, do you have a prior nand backup? yes or no?

If yes, this is an easy fix though you loose everything you had on it, if not, it might be possible to fix, BUT you will need to follow instructions to the letter, and you will still loose everything

Reactions: Albytrozz

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
friend updated to 6.2 with choidujournx. I think he had some type of error or crash at end of update. Now he can t load Atmosphere cfw. says he s using newest version. He tries to load atmosphere, after switch log and nintendo logo he gets error screen: error 2162-0002. then black screen i think.

Weird thing is, he can boot up into ofw somehow fine. its asking for an sd update. I think maybe its the SDXC vs SDHC problem, but he s banned so he cant get the update. Not sure if he lost exfat support or what. Thought that was impossible as choidujournx forces autorcm. In ofw now his gms want updates. And supposedly can t restore his nand backup. I think its from older fw. Apparently Reinx won t load for him either. Is he screwed. can he get back into atmosphere????? any help would be appreciated.

Maybe you don't know, but to ask for help right under the OP's post is what some would call 'hijacking' a thread, not exactly the classiest thing to do as far as forum etiquette goes.

Irocadiext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you don't know, but to ask for help right under the OP's post is what some would call 'hijacking' a thread, not exactly the classiest thing to do as far as forum etiquette goes.
yeah. that was not my intention at all but I understand. I was searching for hours everywhere with a friends crying kid all day. guess I didn t think about it.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Sounds like a corrupt SD card vs no exfat support

Irocadiext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a corrupt SD card vs no exfat support
Yeah I thought that it might be corrupt somehow. Also I dnt know how he lost exfat support going from 5.1 to 6.2. he had atmosphere working before he updated today. SDXC update i think is something about support for cards of 32 GB. his was working previous to update and is 119 GB. I though maybe he used fw to update that was corrupted or missing files maybe.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah I thought that it might be corrupt somehow. Also I dnt know how he lost exfat support going from 5.1 to 6.2. he had atmosphere working before he updated today. SDXC update i think is something about support for cards of 32 GB. his was working previous to update and is 119 GB. I though maybe he used fw to update that was corrupted or missing files maybe.

when updating with choinx you can choose to install exfat (get them to check format) if still need help feel free to message me

Irocadiext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when updating with choinx you can choose to install exfat (get them to check format) if still need help feel free to message me
lol. I also said he may have mistakenly choose the non exfat 6.2 option on the left and lost exfat support.
i can t get straight answer out of this guy. lol. he s not sure. he showed my vid he followed and vid picked right option with exfat support so i have zero clue.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
lol. I also said he may have mistakenly choose the non exfat 6.2 option on the left and lost exfat support.
i can t get straight answer out of this guy. lol. he s not sure. he showed my vid he followed and vid picked right option with exfat support so i have zero clue.

if he formats as fat32 he can redo choinx to add exfat

Irocadiext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thnx so much for your replys. I def have told him to try fat32. he said he got an error during the format process. I told him it seems his card may be corrupted.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i m no longer in same location as friend and using discord to help him and he s just slow listening to my solutions. No clue how ofw is working for him after updating with choidournx which forces autorcm. When he loads ofw he gets update message for SDXC support. which is micro sd cards over 32 gb, but he s banned already so he can t update it. I told him to use a 32 gb or lower micro sd card which is SDHC. maybe can bypass that update and get atmosphere and then reupdate with 6.2(exfat) option.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i figured as much and now he sends me this message. he doesn t speak perfect english so sorry.

sooo .......
fat32 is acceptet from the switch......

but

the rcm menu doesnt work with that .....there is a massage .... failed to mount sd card (fatfs error) make sure that a fat partition exists

Irocadiext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I finally get him to download a fat32 formatter thats not the built in windows option. card is fat32 now. tries to launch atmosphere and he gets this error. I assume it means he doesn t have latest atmosphere version, am I correct? which he was telling me he did all day. lol.

Edit: now with the formatter i gave him and going to the address this error gave him he got it to load on fat32. I told him to re update 6.2(exfat) option. should be good to go after that I assume. But with this guy I m not so sure. lol. Thnx for your help.
1545258607043635442027.jpg
E

Last edited by Irocadiext,

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello...

I was stuck at the Switch logo after a ChoiDuJourNX update. I tried repeated things to fix it AND update. Nothing worked until I did these steps...

1. Restore NAND Backup. That's what I did. I hope he made one. This should get him back to the state his console was when he did the faulty update. If not he can try this. https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-fuseless-firmware-update.520429/ In this method you can use a PC to write directly to the Switch. A guy on here said he fixed the Logo freeze with it and no NAND dump. That should get you back in to OFW, but updating still might freeze you, I go it working this way.
  2. Backup SD card to PC, Reformat to FAT32 with 32k Allocation unit size, put only the necessary files on it. Note: you can just use a new SD. I use a old 4GB for the updates now. You CAN use ExFAT but FAT32 is slightly more stable and just to ensure that corruption wasn't the case I used FAT32. If you think your SD is failing you might want to test it now with h2testw.<-- google it!
  3. Boot in to Maintenance Mode (Turn off the console by holding power for 15 seconds. one completely off, Hold Volume + AND Volume - Buttons at the same time. Tap the Power Button and keep holding Volume Buttons until the Console boots in to Maintenance Mode.) then select “Initialize Console Without Deleting Save Data." https://en-americas-support.nintend...ze-nintendo-switch-without-deleting-save-data
  4. Download the latest version of Kosmos and install it. https://github.com/AtlasNX/Kosmos/releases
  5. Download the Latest ChoiDuJourNX. and put it on the SD
  6. Download a FRESH copy of the Firmware files (On your own there) and place them on SD
  7. Boot ChoiDuJourNX and install the Firmware taking care to install press the Firmware version the says ExFAT next to it.
  8. Reboot and if you get past the logo then power off and copy your backup back to your SD, I would still backup and reformat SD if I were you . Even if you you used a second one to update....
I tried restoring and then updating again several times. Every attempt resulted in the same Logo freeze. After I initialized then all of a sudden no more issues. I was able to update a few times now and also got my HDD working. ALL CFW work as intended on my Switch now and I haven't had another error. I am thinking some old hack was still lurking causing problems. First step is fixing the freeze but you may still have issues updating. Make sure you backup. This method shouldn't erase your User profile or saves if all goes well and your card is not corrupted. Good luck!

If he can get in to OFW then you can try the method above. Restoring his backup if he has one might be smart too but you can probably start at step 2. I bet there is more than meets the eye here. I would start another thread to address this.

Irocadiext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was stuck at the Switch logo after a ChoiDuJourNX update. I tried repeated things to fix it AND update. Nothing worked until I did these steps...

1. Restore NAND Backup. That's what I did. I hope he made one. This should get him back to the state his console was when he did the faulty update. If not he can try this. https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-fuseless-firmware-update.520429/ In this method you can use a PC to write directly to the Switch. A guy on here said he fixed the Logo freeze with it and no NAND dump. That should get you back in to OFW, but updating still might freeze you, I go it working this way.
  2. Backup SD card to PC, Reformat to FAT32 with 32k Allocation unit size, put only the necessary files on it. Note: you can just use a new SD. I use a old 4GB for the updates now. You CAN use ExFAT but FAT32 is slightly more stable and just to ensure that corruption wasn't the case I used FAT32. If you think your SD is failing you might want to test it now with h2testw.<-- google it!
  3. Boot in to Maintenance Mode (Turn off the console by holding power for 15 seconds. one completely off, Hold Volume + AND Volume - Buttons at the same time. Tap the Power Button and keep holding Volume Buttons until the Console boots in to Maintenance Mode.) then select “Initialize Console Without Deleting Save Data." https://en-americas-support.nintend...ze-nintendo-switch-without-deleting-save-data
  4. Download the latest version of Kosmos and install it. https://github.com/AtlasNX/Kosmos/releases
  5. Download the Latest ChoiDuJourNX. and put it on the SD
  6. Download a FRESH copy of the Firmware files (On your own there) and place them on SD
  7. Boot ChoiDuJourNX and install the Firmware taking care to install press the Firmware version the says ExFAT next to it.
  8. Reboot and if you get past the logo then power off and copy your backup back to your SD, I would still backup and reformat SD if I were you . Even if you you used a second one to update....
I tried restoring and then updating again several times. Every attempt resulted in the same Logo freeze. After I initialized then all of a sudden no more issues. I was able to update a few times now and also got my HDD working. ALL CFW work as intended on my Switch now and I haven't had another error. I am thinking some old hack was still lurking causing problems. First step is fixing the freeze but you may still have issues updating. Make sure you backup. This method shouldn't erase your User profile or saves if all goes well and your card is not corrupted. Good luck!

If he can get in to OFW then you can try the method above. Restoring his backup if he has one might be smart too but you can probably start at step 2. I bet there is more than meets the eye here. I would start another thread to address this.
thnx for your reply but i got it fixed. I dnt know what my friend did. he must have just got nervous and picked the wrong update option with no exfat support. he lost exfat support and had no clue what happened. then I got him to format to fat32. update to latest atmosphere and boot up. reinstall 6.2 with exfat support and now its all good. he had no idea what he was doing i dnt think. he was telling me he got erros during update. I dnt know but i got him running again. thnx again. Hope guy on top get sys restored. Hope he made back up. that would be easier than restoring from the pc. But doable if you follow steps carefully. thnx again.

atkh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to everyone who cares about my problem

But I think I knew the problem

when i select memloader.bin by TegraRcmGUI then i chose ums_emmc.ini ....my Computer ask me about format the disk in drive G

and i chose format,, i was supposed to chose cancel ...i think that's why brick my switch

Is there a solve to this problem?

Last edited by atkh,

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to everyone who cares about my problem

But I think I knew the problem

when i select memloader.bin by TegraRcmGUI then i chose ums_emmc.ini ....my Computer ask me about format the disk in drive G

and i chose format,, i was supposed to chose cancel ...i think that's why brick my switch

Is there a solve to this problem?

If you somehow formatted the entire Switch then... no.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E