My SuperCard DSOne SDHC is very rarely detected by my DSi

KirgoPlayer007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
The title sums up pretty well my problem. The SuperCard is detected by my DSi and sometimes when playing games it just freezes (I think because my DSi "undetects" it). Slight movements of my console "undetects" the card. (If it helps I think the card is original, I got it a looong time ago!) Some help will be really appreciated! :)
IMG_20220821_120831_713.jpg
IMG_20220821_120806_447.jpg

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Contrary to others, I believe that the problem is instead with the micro SD slot. I bet the micro SD barely makes contact with the flashcart, and when you tilt it, it slides off, even by a very small amount. In fact, the flashcart snaps with spring mechanism to the DS, while the micro SD barely and precariously touches and I think is not perfectly firm and stable in the slot. That's my humble opinion.

Reactions: Pk11

KirgoPlayer007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Contrary to others, I believe that the problem is instead with the micro SD slot. I bet the micro SD barely makes contact with the flashcart, and when you tilt it, it slides off, even by a very small amount. In fact, the flashcart snaps with spring mechanism to the DS, while the micro SD barely and precariously touches and I think is not perfectly firm and stable in the slot. That's my humble opinion.
And any ideas how can I fix this?

...huh, the screw looking rusty kinda doesn't bode well... have you tried cleaning the contacts of the cart and DSi with isopropyl alcohol?
What type of isopropyl alcohol should I use?

And were can I find a replacement screw?

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
And any ideas how can I fix this?
You must have realized if the micro SD goes in a little hard and fit firmly in the slot or instead it goes in too easily and wobbles slightly, or not?
In my opinion, a small piece of paper between the outer side of the micro SD and the flashcart slot would be sufficient, assuming that is the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, thank you, I never get to see those anti pirate things 😭 hmmm I'm a terrible pirate lol +1