My roommate is overdosing on asprin daily.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I just found out that my roommate seems to think that taking 2 times the suggested dosage of extra strength Tylenol PM is okay because he has taken the stuff all his life, and it has never effected him. I tried telling him that taking 4000 mgs of this stuff in a 24 hour period is not only BAD, but extra strength has been proven to expedite liver failure. He said that as a kid he was taking adult medicine for migraines (He had a sort of extreme migraine syndrome). I am genuinely worried. He keeps blowing me off, and get's all huffy because it hasn't affected him. Honestly he also seems to have kidney trouble. He's a tough guy, but over dosing daily is just going to bring bad stuff his way. He really seems to think that because he's taken this stuff so much that he doesn't feel the effect, so the only logical thing to do is take more to compensate. I'n no medical expert, but I can read the health and safety warnings.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
So he's treating the symptoms instead of the cause, and he's building up a tolerance to painkillers. Really smart
rolleyes.gif

I wish I could help but he sounds too pig-headed to listen to good advice or common sense.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Veho said:
So he's treating the symptoms instead of the cause, and he's building up a tolerance to painkillers. Really smart
rolleyes.gif

I wish I could help but he sounds too pig-headed to listen to good advice or common sense.
He can't afford a doctor soooo, yea. I'm not sure what to do. I really don't want to wake up to find him dead, or in excruciating pain. Also, I could possibly pin the big stuff on his step mom. She's a bitch that never took him to the doctor at all. She even kicked him out of the house and gave him a date before his stuff would mysteriously disappear. What's worse, is that she now employs him, and I think she's withholding jobs to spite him. (Jabs are call by call basis. Plumbing sucks getting started).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0