my r4i sdhc 3ds was forced to be format....

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by AliSword, Apr 1, 2012.

1. AliSword
    OP

AliSword Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2012
    greetings guys......

so i bought an R4i sdhc 3ds (pre installed games in it) for my dsixl 1.4.1U ....worked fine, until one day i was trynig to add new games to the 2g memory but there was no free space ..... so i had to take out some games by CUTTING them to my pc.... but i suspect that i touched some vital file (i believe it was called USP something) un-purposely and once i clicked on CUT.....everything closed when i tried to open the memory card again...it asked me to FORMAT IT......i had no choice but to format, luckily i backed up my games, but not the software.

so i tried to install the firmware or kernal from the official web site (r4i-sdhc.hk) .... but didn't work...it showed the red outlined micro sd card saying "menu!" ....tried different ones from the same site but in vain

so what should i do......... :(

2. pyromaniac123

pyromaniac123 ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

Sep 24, 2011
    Get a better cart.

3. EyeZ

EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

GBAtemp Patron
    EyeZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2009
    The wrong firmware on the card or the wrong setup of the correct firmware will give a message of menu?

4. AliSword
    OP

AliSword Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2012
    i'm almost sure i got the firmware from the official website......i tried to do a full format with it but it says it coudn't for some reason,so it just did a quick format...

so what i did is i tried another firmware, i tried dstti firware and it worked...but it's a crappy copy of what i had....no config, no skin, no deleting files with X button ( iread the manual) so i'm not satisfied with it and i'll dispose it of once i had r4i sdhc to work

5. AliSword
    OP

AliSword Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2012