Hacking My R4DS has no spring

roothorick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my R4DS, stuck my microSD card in, and immediately noticed there's no "click action" like spring-loaded slots are supposed to have -- it just slid in and stopped, a la friction-based slots that have no spring. The card works just fine.

I'm going to guess that R4 had too many problems with spring-loaded slots and opted to switch over to friction-based slots in a later hardware revision as a solution. I say that I don't mind.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I got my R4DS, stuck my microSD card in, and immediately noticed there's no "click action" like spring-loaded slots are supposed to have -- it just slid in and stopped, a la friction-based slots that have no spring. The card works just fine.

I'm going to guess that R4 had too many problems with spring-loaded slots and opted to switch over to friction-based slots in a later hardware revision as a solution. I say that I don't mind.

It's been like that for many months now.

budrow66

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can't stand spring loaded sd card slots. My freind on the other hand likes them so he can take his msd out without removeing his card. but my new R4s all no spring made me happy

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Lost many a fingernail until I decided to make tiny string loops and glue them on as straps to the microSD cards. XD They look funny and probably won't fit in many other devices but does the trick for me.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night