My poor friend who lend his wii u

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
He started playing iPad after I take it. Now he has basically no interest in consoles, neither TV nor portable, and say I can keep his wii u for another year so he can play those stupid mobile socialization games he can make one himself, both creativity and programming

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like your friend found something he enjoys and may be learning programming and the like because of it. As long as he is not thinking he is going to strike it rich then I see no problem.

Reactions: Sicklyboy

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds like your friend found something he enjoys and may be learning programming and the like because of it. As long as he is not thinking he is going to strike it rich then I see no problem.
I'm saying he is capable of programming games for now, and he can make games better than dumb socialization games

Drink the Bleach

This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mobile game is slowly approaching as a viable goto-platform for gaming.

Alot of those paid games are really good and really cheap. I check the Playstore everyday for something big and new.

I want to get on the Dragon Quest 8 bandwagon, but I'm waiting for that $19.99 price to go on sale.

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mobile game is slowly approaching as a viable goto-platform for gaming.

Alot of those paid games are really good and really cheap. I check the Playstore everyday for something big and new.

I want to get on the Dragon Quest 8 bandwagon, but I'm waiting for that $19.99 price to go on sale.

That is true, but I'm talking about socialization games or those games made by game-loft

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not seeing the problem here other then tablets and smart phones grabbing the casual market from nintendo which was the only thing selling the wii and now you can see the affect of wiiu sales

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So you get a free console out of the deal and he has (GASP!) fun? Sounds like a win-win if you ask me.
That means fan loss for nintendo, and e3 2014 has proven nintendo to have great games. I just want him to play something with less in-app-purchase and better system and story

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That means fan loss for nintendo, and e3 2014 has proven nintendo to have great games. I just want him to play something with less in-app-purchase and better system and story

One person doesn't necessarily count as "fan loss". I'm sure you're one of the few people who's recently been given a Wii U for free because their friend decided they liked mobile games better.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What are you, the Fun-stapo?

You can't force someone to like what you like. If that's what he enjoys, let him enjoy it.

Drink the Bleach

This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is true, but I'm talking about socialization games or those games made by game-loft
Gameloft started as a copy-cat company but they've managed to take their biggest hits and make them their own. And social games may open the door, but getting the dim-witted hooked on a social game increases the likelyhood of a person trying a game that looks sooooo much better. Just how many clones of Sweet Tooth (came before Bejeweled), Templerun, and Farmville can one person take until they start experimenting with Terraria?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As much as the mighty Nintendo might be troubled by the loss of a would be fan, that is seemingly not a fan,
To the best of my knowledge most of those are not out and not out for a little bit yet. One really has to play them and it is not like later NSMB and Metroid other M looked bad at E3/TGS/whatever.
Equally Nintendo offers a very small sliver of gameplay styles and themes. It could be that is just not your friend's thing.

What is the matter with in app purchases?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gameloft is shit. They are the LJN of mobile games but with good graphics to lure people in. They don't make much of an attempt to scale down the games to the capabilities of the devices they are for. They always require huge downloads that usually need to be done in one shot or else you have to start from the beginning (sometimes requiring manual deletions of the data that was downloaded or it will fail). Once it is truly installed, the games have a habit of crashing at the menu or the intro cutscene. When you make it to the game, you usually are greeted with shitty controls. The games tend to heat up your battery, phone to a somewhat concerning degree. The tech support usually gives generic replies to known issues and many times they take an extremely long time to fix the bugs (if they do). They just worry about IAPs.

Source: me trying out a few of their games before I decided to boycott them as well as others' reviews.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
God dammit.
I read this whole thread and I don't understand one thing.

I'm going to try luminosity for 2 weeks and then re-read it.
Hope that helps.
hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: blinkzane

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021