My poor friend who lend his wii u

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Yil, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Yil
    OP

Yil GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    He started playing iPad after I take it. Now he has basically no interest in consoles, neither TV nor portable, and say I can keep his wii u for another year so he can play those stupid mobile socialization games he can make one himself, both creativity and programming

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Sounds like your friend found something he enjoys and may be learning programming and the like because of it. As long as he is not thinking he is going to strike it rich then I see no problem.

Sicklyboy likes this.
  3. Yil
    OP

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    I'm saying he is capable of programming games for now, and he can make games better than dumb socialization games

4. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    If I say yes can we share our aids with each other

5. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Look on the bright side; You got it for free.

Ykr1113 likes this.
  6. Drink the Bleach

Drink the Bleach This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014

Banned
    Apr 5, 2014
    United States
    Mobile game is slowly approaching as a viable goto-platform for gaming.

Alot of those paid games are really good and really cheap. I check the Playstore everyday for something big and new.

I want to get on the Dragon Quest 8 bandwagon, but I'm waiting for that $19.99 price to go on sale.

7. Yil
    OP

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    That is true, but I'm talking about socialization games or those games made by game-loft

8. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    Im not seeing the problem here other then tablets and smart phones grabbing the casual market from nintendo which was the only thing selling the wii and now you can see the affect of wiiu sales

9. ComeTurismO

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
    ..And your question is?

10. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    So you get a free console out of the deal and he has (GASP!) fun? Sounds like a win-win if you ask me.

11. Yil
    OP

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    That means fan loss for nintendo, and e3 2014 has proven nintendo to have great games. I just want him to play something with less in-app-purchase and better system and story

12. frogboy

frogboy lacking both style and grace

Dec 6, 2011
    United States
    One person doesn't necessarily count as "fan loss". I'm sure you're one of the few people who's recently been given a Wii U for free because their friend decided they liked mobile games better.

13. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey

What are you, the Fun-stapo?

You can't force someone to like what you like. If that's what he enjoys, let him enjoy it.

14. Drink the Bleach

Drink the Bleach This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014

Banned
    Apr 5, 2014
    United States
    Gameloft started as a copy-cat company but they've managed to take their biggest hits and make them their own. And social games may open the door, but getting the dim-witted hooked on a social game increases the likelyhood of a person trying a game that looks sooooo much better. Just how many clones of Sweet Tooth (came before Bejeweled), Templerun, and Farmville can one person take until they start experimenting with Terraria?

15. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    As much as the mighty Nintendo might be troubled by the loss of a would be fan, that is seemingly not a fan,
    To the best of my knowledge most of those are not out and not out for a little bit yet. One really has to play them and it is not like later NSMB and Metroid other M looked bad at E3/TGS/whatever.
    Equally Nintendo offers a very small sliver of gameplay styles and themes. It could be that is just not your friend's thing.

What is the matter with in app purchases?

16. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
    Gameloft is shit. They are the LJN of mobile games but with good graphics to lure people in. They don't make much of an attempt to scale down the games to the capabilities of the devices they are for. They always require huge downloads that usually need to be done in one shot or else you have to start from the beginning (sometimes requiring manual deletions of the data that was downloaded or it will fail). Once it is truly installed, the games have a habit of crashing at the menu or the intro cutscene. When you make it to the game, you usually are greeted with shitty controls. The games tend to heat up your battery, phone to a somewhat concerning degree. The tech support usually gives generic replies to known issues and many times they take an extremely long time to fix the bugs (if they do). They just worry about IAPs.

Source: me trying out a few of their games before I decided to boycott them as well as others' reviews.

WiiCube_2013 likes this.
  17. osirisjem

osirisjem Wii U: Y U No Sell ?

Jun 19, 2011
    Canada
    God dammit.
    I read this whole thread and I don't understand one thing.

I'm going to try luminosity for 2 weeks and then re-read it.
    Hope that helps.
    [​IMG]

blinkzane likes this.
  18. blinkzane

blinkzane Panic at your moms house

Jul 24, 2012
    United States
    Florida
    yeah wtf is this lol, Id accept a free console anyday, screw what your friend thinks.