Gaming My "Pokemon Black and White" DS Case Repair/Mod

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I just repaired my DS recently as well.
I wish I chose a solid color like black like most did. I chose the clear one and, while it looks boss, it feels a bit attention-whorish.

C0dy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TehSkull said:
Lol, I did the same case. Did the shipping take a whole damn month for you too?

Also, were the L and R buttons a pain too? And I messed up mine because I didn't put the tiny piece that the battery cover's screw goes into to hold it in place, so I had to put wire tape since there was no way in hell I was going to deal with those L and R buttons again.

Yeah haha, the shipping was around a month. And I did the same thing with the battery cover lol, but I went back and put the piece in. The L and R buttons are a major pain in the ass =P I ended up bending the spring around the little posts to prevent it from popping back any more...

C0dy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DunkrWunkah said:
Do you have any before pictures? Nice job, especially for your first try.

No before pics, but I found a few on Google that look like exactly what it looked like:

ds-lite-broken.jpg

iggloovortex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to all those who couldnt tell, i was kidding lol. i wasnt seriously being a douche. and also, my name is also Cody

Rumsie & Shadow Soldier, thats you lol

C0dy got my kidding
tongue.gif

Rumsie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
iggloovortex said:
to all those who couldnt tell, i was kidding lol. i wasnt seriously being a douche. and also, my name is also Cody

Rumsie & Shadow Soldier, thats you lol

C0dy got my kidding
tongue.gif
oh well my bad... cody
its not that i could do better than you i know for sure i whould end up with 2 broken ds
rolleyes.gif

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the seller give you all of what you needed to complete the repair? I see they give screwdrivers. I need to reposition my lower screen and replace my top screen. :/

My DS is in peak condition, but I've used it so many times in the past two years...it's been overloved. My CycloDS cart's sticker doesn't even say anything it's just a blank white sticker. lulz.

C0dy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pluupy said:
Did the seller give you all of what you needed to complete the repair? I see they give screwdrivers. I need to reposition my lower screen and replace my top screen. :/

My DS is in peak condition, but I've used it so many times in the past two years...it's been overloved. My CycloDS cart's sticker doesn't even say anything it's just a blank white sticker. lulz.

It came with the case, a replacement hinge, and the screwdrivers. The replacement hinge is a bit loose, but it works. It also came with a link to instructions, but the ones here at GBATemp were much more thorough.

The case came with replacement screws and tons of other parts. I mainly reused what I could from the DS parts as far as screws and that sort of stuff goes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU