OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Hi,
I keep my U-disk made files on my hard disk, so i dont convert them to G6's type every time, Today I wanted to play Doom on GBA, so I copied its game file, its Icon and its save files, it showed on my G6 but didnt boot.

So I tried using a clean ROM and overwriting the save file, But it didnt found my save file!

What is the problem? In its main menu when I go to about, it says its the 4.4 version.

What do you think the problem is?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I tried using a clean ROM and overwriting the save file, But it didnt found my save file!
You mean the unpatched rom runs, but the one you had patched previously doesn't? If that's the case, try re-patching the game with the current version of the u-disk manager.

QUOTE said:
In its main menu when I go to about, it says its the 4.4 version.
That's because they haven't updated the GBA loader since version 4.4, more than a year and a half ago.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Thank you bot for your quick answer,

You mean the unpatched rom runs, but the one you had patched previously doesn't? If that's the case, try re-patching the game with the current version of the u-disk manager.

No, What I mean is that when I patched the game again, it worked but it didnt with the previously patched which was stored on my hard disk.
Is there a difference? Did they update G6's GBA side since last year?

QUOTE said:
In its main menu when I go to about, it says its the 4.4 version.
That's because they haven't updated the GBA loader since version 4.4, more than a year and a half ago.
Is there a seperate update for GBA side of G6? if not, why my save game doesnt recognized anymore?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So the game works, but the save doesn't? You did flush the old save out (start the G6 in the DS, let it process data, don't start a game, turn it off) before copying the save file over, right?

Does the save work in VBA? If the rom on your HD somehow got corrupted, maybe the save got corrupted too.

As for the GBA loader, they have not changed the version number or mentioned any updates since before I got my G6 in October last year. I assume that means that it works well enough for them, so they aren't spending any more time on it. There are not seperate updates for the GBA loader.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
I agree Destructbot fiels are 2005-2006 dated and latest versio, is 4.4 ... I also got my G6 in October 2006 ... Nostalgia

QUOTE said:
(Iwakura – Reviewer and Webmaster of FlashCartReviews.com) When slot-2 solutions were the only solution out, I'd say the G6 lite was the best. Mine worked flawlessly, with some of the features that many slot-1 cartridges still don't have today. I'd say the next major change was the R4; many once-slot 2 users changed, and the R4 became the Zeitgeist. With perfect Rom compatibility (at its time), along with a few download-play compatible games (which were unheard of!), it easily became the most wanted item in the market. Now, I think a new generation is approaching.

Sometimes converting sav to another format and converting & sending them back to G6 lite mem is working.
QUOTEYou can of course write G6 saves (.0, .1, .2) as well as EZ-Flash IV, M3 and Supercard saves (.sav) as well. M3 .dat files will not work but can be converted to .sav via M3 Game Manager. For GBA, you can use VirtualBoyAdvance save files (.sav) as well. You cannot use Action Replay or GameShark saves via U-Disk.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
So the game works, but the save doesn't? You did flush the old save out (start the G6 in the DS, let it process data, don't start a game, turn it off) before copying the save file over, right?

I've never done that.
What I did for mostly all my games was this: When I use[d] U-Disk Manager to copy a game, I copy the generated .gba/.nds file with its icon and save games on my hard and whenever I want to play that game again, I just copy those files over my G6 again, this worked for all games on NDS/GBA .

But what happened tonight was that I copied those Doom files over my G6 then it didnt boot at all.
So I used my Clean Rom (the one that is not altered by any program and is a clean dump) and used U-Disk Manager to copy it over my G6 again and game worked (although it didnt work with Instant Feature and surprised me but thats not the point), then I copied that old save game over this newly made one and I put it in my G6 and the game showed it as its an empty save file and didnt recognize my save file.

And I never heard of that method you said: "start the G6 in the DS, let it process data, don't start a game, turn it off".

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys happen to get Contra Advance working on the G6 Lite with Real Time enabled?

When I write the game to the G6 with real time ticked, then start the game and push Start at the start screen, I just get a white screen then.

But if I re-write the game with real time ticked, then the game starts perfectly after pushing Start at the start screen. I hate not having soft reset.

I'm using 4.4. And I guess that is the highest one on the GBA side.

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-