My old GBA game and Save not working anymore!!one

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by test84, Dec 20, 2007.

Dec 20, 2007
  1. test84
    OP

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    Hi,
    I keep my U-disk made files on my hard disk, so i dont convert them to G6's type every time, Today I wanted to play Doom on GBA, so I copied its game file, its Icon and its save files, it showed on my G6 but didnt boot.

So I tried using a clean ROM and overwriting the save file, But it didnt found my save file!

What is the problem? In its main menu when I go to about, it says its the 4.4 version.

What do you think the problem is?

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    That's because they haven't updated the GBA loader since version 4.4, more than a year and a half ago.

3. test84
    OP

Iran
    Thank you bot for your quick answer,

Is there a seperate update for GBA side of G6? if not, why my save game doesnt recognized anymore?

4. Destructobot

United States
    So the game works, but the save doesn't? You did flush the old save out (start the G6 in the DS, let it process data, don't start a game, turn it off) before copying the save file over, right?

Does the save work in VBA? If the rom on your HD somehow got corrupted, maybe the save got corrupted too.

As for the GBA loader, they have not changed the version number or mentioned any updates since before I got my G6 in October last year. I assume that means that it works well enough for them, so they aren't spending any more time on it. There are not seperate updates for the GBA loader.

5. GH0ST

Member GH0ST Your Hero is a Ghost

France
    I agree Destructbot fiels are 2005-2006 dated and latest versio, is 4.4 ... I also got my G6 in October 2006 ... Nostalgia

6. test84
    OP

Iran
    I've never done that.
    What I did for mostly all my games was this: When I use[d] U-Disk Manager to copy a game, I copy the generated .gba/.nds file with its icon and save games on my hard and whenever I want to play that game again, I just copy those files over my G6 again, this worked for all games on NDS/GBA .

But what happened tonight was that I copied those Doom files over my G6 then it didnt boot at all.
    So I used my Clean Rom (the one that is not altered by any program and is a clean dump) and used U-Disk Manager to copy it over my G6 again and game worked (although it didnt work with Instant Feature and surprised me but thats not the point), then I copied that old save game over this newly made one and I put it in my G6 and the game showed it as its an empty save file and didnt recognize my save file.

And I never heard of that method you said: "start the G6 in the DS, let it process data, don't start a game, turn it off".

7. Destructobot

United States
    Do that, then copy the save file to the G6 and see if it works.

8. DespizingU

Member DespizingU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You guys happen to get Contra Advance working on the G6 Lite with Real Time enabled?

When I write the game to the G6 with real time ticked, then start the game and push Start at the start screen, I just get a white screen then.

But if I re-write the game with real time ticked, then the game starts perfectly after pushing Start at the start screen. I hate not having soft reset.

I'm using 4.4. And I guess that is the highest one on the GBA side.

Thanks.