Gaming My New Arcade Cabinet! (Definitely Related To The Wii Haha)

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, a few weeks ago I finished building an arcade machine from scratch, I drew up the plans and went to work on building it! I finally bring you the finished product, pictures will be added in a little bit as i'm currently using my mobile and I cant upload pictures here with it :(

A little more info on it, there is a wii inside the cabinet, a shelf to hold up a 22" LED TV, and a small flourescent light tube to light the cabinet sign up top. Its all powered by a multiple socket adapter inside with just a plug out the back of the cab which goes to mains :)

The controls are interesting and were by far the hardest part of the machine to get working properly with absolutely no previous soldering experience XD they are basically 2 game controllers stripped apart and instead of a button to bridge the connection, I soldered wires to ALLLLL the buttons points on the boards and connected those wires to arcade machine microswitches, the joystick was the same too if you get my terrible explaination haha

Anyway, enough talk i'll get a few pictures up, I have alot from start to finish but i'll just add ones I think deserve it haha

the guy playing is a friend, hired especially for the occasion haha

the video is worth watching up until around 3:43, and if any mods looking it this want to sort out the way the images are layed out (not having them side by side but underneath each other) then feel free to play around XD

I hope you all enjoy and any questions are welcome :)

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
nice i built a pinball machine myself :P
glow%20pin.JPG

lanman31337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That looks good. I also have an arcade cabinet, but I have working coin doors and a keyboard encoder for 4 player action. Also did a flight joystick and spinner and trackball for tron/centipede/missile command/etc.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok i have the video uploaded to youtube, everything up until 3:43 is worth watching haha

@lanman
it'd be easy for me to get the ol' coin doors working, i'd just have to remove the wiring for the insert coin button to the coin door circuit (i think, no experience in coin doors :P) and away we go!

if anyone has any questions about the machine or anything just ask away, willing to answer all :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0v6IA_lH_Q

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
very nice man. how much did it cost you? i really want to make an arcade cabinet. where did you get the buttons and joystick from? happ?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
got the buttons and joystick off ebay but there is one button too many :P the bottom yellow buttons dont actually do anything XD

arcade buttons cost 30ishGBP off ebay, the screen inside was 120GBP, had to buy an extra GC controller (15GBP) because i managed to break one soldering haha and all the MDF was just over 50ishGBP i think.

It was only a sort of experiment, thought hey, i havent got an arcade cabinet, but i dont have the funds for a real one but stil SOME extra cash... lets make the cheapest arcade cab ever!

i was originally going to put a 15 inch screen in i had lying around, but it wasnt a flat screen, it was one of the old ones with a wide back XD

Also got to apologise for all the swearing in the video, its not regular, we were excited to get the machine finished and working, and surprised too haha

steveroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i like the cabinet. i would have gone with 6 buttons instead of 8. i like how you used a controller to make your joystick.

how's 2 person games standing beside each other? do you have enough space?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@bladexdsl, yeah all part of the fun teaching yourself, made a portfolio and it got me into a new job and i'm getting training in electrical engineering! who'd have thought...

@p1ngpong, cheers! well worth the bump, i dont think many people acknowledged the thread in the first place so wanted some deserved attention :P

@steveroo, Yeah there's enough space just about haha i've put it in my room now which is a pretty confined area though but we still manage :) looking back i just bought as many buttons as i thought would be necessary in correlation with the GC controller, i've only got one spare button per player on the cab.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay