My medical condition finally got the best of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
v.v I can't beleive I forgot to mention this in my last message..... must have been insanely tired....

Anyway, I'm all packed up now, and my sister will be driving me to the hospital (a good 2 hours away). I will be spending the rest of my days either until a donor is found or until I die in the hospital. If you're wondering why, because
1) - It's better for me anyway to be in a hospital right now.
2) - If a donor is found, every second delay counts. If/when a donor is found, I will already be in the hospital, thus increasing the odds that everything will go smoothly by a ton.
3) - Keep in mind that this is the hospital with the incredibly poor/spotty internet, so I might not be around to post for a while.
4) - I've changed it to where my sister will keep everyone updated herself, but still check in with p1ngpong to verify it's her. Also, she'll be using what I think was my first avatar on this website, before that fennec thing, and before I even started posting much at all. It's the avatar I've always used when first joining a website, and it's not an easy picture to find. I figure that will also help identify her. No clue what her signature will be, or if she'll even use one.

See all you folks later, I'm sure. Tomorrow I'll walk around the hospital (if allowed to) and try to find some place with an internet signal. If you don't hear from me, at least my sister will keep all you updated on status/donors/if-I-get-the-surgery/surgery-recovery/anything else revelant.

Good luck Xuphor.

Looking forward to your triumphant return :D

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had to login again to make sure people understood (my wording wasn't the clearest ever):

There still is no lung donor, and might not ever be one. I am going to the hospital now for the off-chance one is found, so that it'll help with timing the surgery, if I ever get it.

Heading out the door now. My sister will post in this thread later tonight after verifying her identity with p1ngpong.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had to login again to make sure people understood (my wording wasn't the clearest ever):

There still is no lung donor, and might not ever be one. I am going to the hospital now for the off-chance one is found, so that it'll help with timing the surgery, if I ever get it.

Heading out the door now. My sister will post in this thread later tonight after verifying her identity with p1ngpong.

Due to your size do you need adult lungs, or that of a child. I mean to ask this in the most respectful way possible. I'm just curious. I remember a story about a child having a transplant with full on adult lung. We wish you the best, and you better return to us. :lol:

_kbnft

Lab Member
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Keeping my fingers and toes crossed, I hope you find one after coming this far.

Edit: Also, thank you Mr. Anonymous donor.

orcid

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I wish you all the best and I hope that there will be a lung donation soon! It makes me angry that time was wasted because of money. I have got a kidney from my mom and live luckily in country with a medicine insurance system that pays for everything. It is a shame that in a wealthy country like the USA people can't get the best medical help because of money - even when they will die without help. That makes me very angry. In the USA I would have enormous debts or would be dead (or both).
My biggest respect to the guy who gave the money.

Reactions: WhiteMaze

Kinekto

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, this is Xuphor's sister. I figured I might as well go on ahead and register now before anything major like surgery happens, so as to hasten update times to her friends here. She has a ton of friends here, it seems, way more than the other website she wanted me to keep updated.
She's in the hospital now, and as she was fearing her room is in a completely "dead zone" to wifi signals. The only thing I know about that is that it means she can't get online, I'm not a technology/electronics person at all. She's as good as she was when she checked in, which is obviously not what anyone would call "good", but she's still able to walk about 15 feet before collapsing of air loss due to coughing currently. I know the doctor's predicted late August for her last conceivable day, but frankly I'll be surprised if she lives past the first week of August if she doesn't get a donor. :/

Just wanted to update you all on the status of her. I also have a question that I'll just let the majority of you answer, as I really do not know how to do this.
Would all of you prefer that I only update her status when something major happens, or would you all prefer an update every day, even if it's just something like "nothing new to report since yesterday"?

Thank you everyone for supporting my sister, I was really surprised to see how much she's liked around here, given how she normally tries to avoid social activities.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Good luck Xuph!

Whatever the outcome might be, good luck with it!

Edit: I'd personally love daily updates and as exangel said, many others prolly also will.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
best of luck to you, hope a donor shows up real soon
and the to the person who donated the money, thank you :yay:

Due to your size do you need adult lungs, or that of a child. I mean to ask this in the most respectful way possible. I'm just curious. I remember a story about a child having a transplant with full on adult lung. We wish you the best, and you better return to us. :lol:
The child got the surgery however within hours both lungs failed and she had surgery again for second set, some people got angry over this though since the organs were hard to come by, the parents sued to get her on the list, it was an experimental surgery, and the first set could have saved someone elses life
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/07/01/girls-second-lung-transplant/2477699/

she has pneumonia now in one of the lungs, if this set fails it will only cause more conflict over this :/

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[...]Thank you everyone for supporting my sister, I was really surprised to see how much she's liked around here, given how she normally tries to avoid social activities.

Whether we are friends or just acquaintances here, she's a long time and friendly member of this wonky family we call GBAtemp. Where I come from, you stick by family no matter what. Like I said earlier in the thread, I never was friends with her on a personal or semi-personal level, and I still am not, we remain acquaintances; regardless of that, even if I hated her guts, it still pains me to see a fellow person go through all of this hardship, and I feel that I speak for many here when I say all of that.

I'm sure many of us would genuinely appreciate daily updates, Kinekto.

I agree. Daily updates, if possible, would be grand.

Best of luck Xuphor, and thanks a billion for keeping us all in the know, Kinekto. I'd offer you a friendly welcome and tell you to enjoy your stay here were the circumstances of your joining not so grim. However, let's all keep our heads up and hope for the best. :)

Reactions: Nxenz and exangel

Kinekto

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd offer you a friendly welcome and tell you to enjoy your stay here were the circumstances of your joining not so grim. However, let's all keep our heads up and hope for the best. :)
Gaming has never been my strong suit. I'm educated enough on the matter to know that Mario is Nintendo owned, Zelda is the princess, Link is the hero, Call of Duty is filled with annoying 6 year olds on XBL, Facebook games/AngryBirds/and the like aren't usually considered real "Games" by gamers, etc, but the last game I actually played all the way through was Banjo Tooie for N64. Since this seems to be a gaming-focused forum, I don't know how much I'd fit in here.

I'll be sure to make status updates at least daily on her, as everyone seems to prefer that. :)

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Gaming has never been my strong suit. I'm educated enough on the matter to know that Mario is Nintendo owned, Zelda is the princess, Link is the hero, Call of Duty is filled with annoying 6 year olds on XBL, Facebook games/AngryBirds/and the like aren't usually considered real "Games" by gamers, etc, but the last game I actually played all the way through was Banjo Tooie for N64. Since this seems to be a gaming-focused forum, I don't know how much I'd fit in here.

I'll be sure to make status updates at least daily on her, as everyone seems to prefer that. :)

Even if you didn't understand nothing about gaming, we still wouldn't mind.

Screw the gaming, Xuphor is struggling for her life, and needs a donor. The last concern any of us have, is whether or not you know Sonic is Sega owned or that Mario wears a cap.

I also agree on daily updates please. If you can that is.

Can you please tell her not to lose hope? She has many people worried about her and many friends here who are wishing she gets better.

Don't mention my name though, as I'm neither a friend or someone close. I'm just a fellow member who happened to stumble across this post, and feel the need to just say something.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
v.v I can't beleive I forgot to mention this in my last message..... must have been insanely tired....

Anyway, I'm all packed up now, and my sister will be driving me to the hospital (a good 2 hours away). I will be spending the rest of my days either until a donor is found or until I die in the hospital. If you're wondering why, because
1) - It's better for me anyway to be in a hospital right now.
2) - If a donor is found, every second delay counts. If/when a donor is found, I will already be in the hospital, thus increasing the odds that everything will go smoothly by a ton.
3) - Keep in mind that this is the hospital with the incredibly poor/spotty internet, so I might not be around to post for a while.
4) - I've changed it to where my sister will keep everyone updated herself, but still check in with p1ngpong to verify it's her. Also, she'll be using what I think was my first avatar on this website, before that fennec thing, and before I even started posting much at all. It's the avatar I've always used when first joining a website, and it's not an easy picture to find. I figure that will also help identify her. No clue what her signature will be, or if she'll even use one.

See all you folks later, I'm sure. Tomorrow I'll walk around the hospital (if allowed to) and try to find some place with an internet signal. If you don't hear from me, at least my sister will keep all you updated on status/donors/if-I-get-the-surgery/surgery-recovery/anything else revelant.

Good luck!! I really hope that donor appear.

God bless ya!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The female game staring Michael Jackson