My medical condition finally got the best of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1stClassZackFair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please do not try to guess who the donor is RL or their GBATemp member name in this thread, or preferably anywhere else on GBATemp. I'm sure they wouldn't like it.
Sorry if you thought I was guessing but I wasn't, I was just stating how cool gahars is. Anyways, I'm glad someone is able to help you out financially. Best wishes and good luck fellow temper.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if you thought I was guessing but I wasn't, I was just stating how cool gahars is. Anyways, I'm glad someone is able to help you out financially. Best wishes and good luck fellow temper.
I figured you weren't serious, but I don't want people to even jokingly guess it. I do not want to annoy/piss off the person at all, as you can imagine. ;)

Reactions: 1stClassZackFair

LeonardoFM

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Good luck fellow temper. I dont know you, but i'm sad for you nonetheless. Be strong, live, and always remember this: friends are the most precious thing someone can have. Be it dogs, cats or even humans friends.

Good luck!

1stClassZackFair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured you weren't serious, but I don't want people to even jokingly guess it. I do not want to annoy/piss off the person at all, as you can imagine. ;)

Fellow tempers, don't do what I did :teach: . He who shall not be named will remain anonymous so don't try to even jokingly guess. Farewell brave maiden, I shall pester you no longer. ;)

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
It is fantastic that you found someone showing such generosity... whoever you are, thank you. The world needs more good samaritans like you.

I really hope you will find a donor... I know this sounds a bit bland Xuphor but your situation is so difficult that I can't find the words to properly express my sympathy. I've already told you this by PM, but if there's anything we can do to help, you know you can count on us.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lots of thanks towards the person who did this generous person. Ms. Zoe, now it is time for me to pray for your donor to appear ASAP. Take care of yourself, and hang in there :)

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My previous offer still stands about the PS3 I posted earlier. Lung donors, or not. :lol: Also that's fantastic, kudos to whoever the mystery person is.

Reactions: tofast4u

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wow... I'm really really really surprised and happy that one person paid/pays the procedure. I also really hope you can find a donor!
Damn, I dunno what to say besides I wish you the best of luck!

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Really great to hear. A big thank you to whoever he/she is, it's really rare to encounter such kind souls.

My prayers go out to you xuphor, hope you'll find a suitable donor.

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ok, big/great news. I have listened to everyone telling me to accept donations, and recently on AIM someone very interesting contacted me.
While I cannot go into details how yet, I can tell you that the lung transplant's financial problems are no longer a problem thanks to a celebrity-status person who is also apparently a member of GBATemp. He agreed to remain forever anonymous to everyone except me (only his RL name, not even I know his GBATemp name. It could be The Catboy, p1ngpong, Costello, Gahars, or someone I've never heard of.) This is to prevent mass media coverage or the like (which I will NEVER want, nor ever agree to, I would sooner die than have mass media coverage about my medical stuff). While this is great news, there still is the HUGE problem of the fact that there is not a donor/donors yet, so it's still not possible for me to do the surgery, and might not ever be before I die.

Also, as I know people will ask me stuff, I'll say these points up front:
1 - Yes, I am sure this person is who they claim to be. They gave me undisputable proof.
2 - Because I know this person is who they claim to be, the amount of money is probably a very small amount to them. Maybe equal to like $5 to the common person.
3 - They have apparently known/seen me for 5 years on GBATemp, and they "will happily pay for what the USA refuses to fix me". I'm guessing they aren't big on USA government.
4 - Anyone who tries to guess who this person is I will refuse to answer. If you guess spot on right, way way off, or in between, my answer will always be this to guesses: "I will not answer".

Now, again, I need to stress this a lot: while the finances can be taken care of, I have no donor/donors yet, so there is still no guarantee of my living. Since I am now able to pay however, I have been put on the donation needed list, and since I have a very short time left, I am "near the top, but not at the top" of the list. Also, even if I get the surgery, there is no guarantee I'll live through it. It's an extremely invasive surgery, afterall.

Thank you for all your support GBATemp, and thanks a lot to you, whatever your GBATemp username is. I know you'll see this, and if I get a donor/donors, I'll call you again.

I'm very very glad you decided to see things from a different perspective and accept a little help.

No one can carry the weight of the world like you were trying to do, and nor should you do it.

To that one person, my sincerest "Thank You".I am very glad to see, and it reignites even if only some hope alone, to see some "faith" and some kindness in someone. And this is coming from an Atheist..

Xuphor, I know how you don't have a donor yet. I know you might not find a donor. And I know and we ALL know that you might not even survive the surgery.

This is the problem:

I don't care.

There is hope. And I am hoping everything will work out. You will find a donor, and you will get your surgery. And not only will you survive it, you'll be posting and throwing tomatos at Gahars for his lame jokes and the like, for many many years more.

As long as you stick together with your own people, anything is possible..

After all, several members of my family beat cancer without a drop of medication. To this day I am baffled by it. But when you see the statistics, and the doctors MRI's you can't really argue.

Hope is very important.

I wish you the best, and keep posting news, we are all rooting for you :grog:

Reactions: tofast4u

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Whoever he/she is that helped you with the financial part:
MShippo37915.jpg

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v.v I can't beleive I forgot to mention this in my last message..... must have been insanely tired....

Anyway, I'm all packed up now, and my sister will be driving me to the hospital (a good 2 hours away). I will be spending the rest of my days either until a donor is found or until I die in the hospital. If you're wondering why, because
1) - It's better for me anyway to be in a hospital right now.
2) - If a donor is found, every second delay counts. If/when a donor is found, I will already be in the hospital, thus increasing the odds that everything will go smoothly by a ton.
3) - Keep in mind that this is the hospital with the incredibly poor/spotty internet, so I might not be around to post for a while.
4) - I've changed it to where my sister will keep everyone updated herself, but still check in with p1ngpong to verify it's her. Also, she'll be using what I think was my first avatar on this website, before that fennec thing, and before I even started posting much at all. It's the avatar I've always used when first joining a website, and it's not an easy picture to find. I figure that will also help identify her. No clue what her signature will be, or if she'll even use one.

See all you folks later, I'm sure. Tomorrow I'll walk around the hospital (if allowed to) and try to find some place with an internet signal. If you don't hear from me, at least my sister will keep all you updated on status/donors/if-I-get-the-surgery/surgery-recovery/anything else revelant.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This news brought a smile to my face, you still have time my friend, please hang in there and be strong.
And to whoever you are that donated to save your life, thank you, you are an amazing person! Seriously the world needs more people like you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Unity is a asshole and I want to set it on fire
    +1
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina