Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
My M3 Real just arrived at my friends house. I'll have it tomorrow
happy.gif

Does anyone want me to test anything or something?

I saw a topic with some questions a while ago, but I can't find it anymore...

tomgibbes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In the posts that claim you cannot save in GBA there are some games that people claim do not work? Could you test these and tell me about them and if they saved all right?
EDIT: Heres the list:
Breath of Fire
Breath of Fire 2
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
F-Zero Maximum Velocity
Megaman Zero Mission
Gradius Galaxies

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
In the posts that claim you cannot save in GBA there are some games that people claim do not work? Could you test these and tell me about them and if they saved all right?
EDIT: Heres the list:
Breath of Fire
Breath of Fire 2
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
F-Zero Maximum Velocity
Megaman Zero Mission
Gradius Galaxies
I can probably try them after I get home from school tomorrow
smile.gif

g6team

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Note:

After you exit from a saved GBA game you have to turn your Nds back on and go back to the GBA menu to transfer the saved from the Sdram to the main save. This will ensure your saving process will be complete.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Note:

After you exit from a saved GBA game you have to turn your Nds back on and go back to the GBA menu to transfer the saved from the Sdram to the main save. This will ensure your saving process will be complete.

Isn't that a little bit tedious? My G6 Lite was able to save without any issues such as this. Why should this one have this problem?

- Fitzy

c2ironfist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cool

I have a few questions.

-Can you check for hardware defects?
-How durable does it look?
-Does it look cheep?
-Do you think it will only last for a few weeks.
and if you can model it for us that'd be great too lol

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. You can do it yourself by opening it up if you have found something wrong with your card. Most of the time there should be no problem.
2. How durable something looks does not necessarily suggest that it is durable. Are you talking about the card or the expansion pack? Both are relatively durable if you don't do silly things with them
smile.gif

3. Yes it looks cheap. Plastic looks like it was from a plastic bottle (except grey).
4. Anything can last a long time with the proper care.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My G6 Lite was able to save without any issues such as this.
Actually, no. The G6 Lite requires you to restart the flashcart to write the save data to the save file for both DS and GBA games.

Really because I can confirm that I could play a GBA game, turn off the DS, and then turn it back on several days later with no save issues. Do you mean restart the card immediately or does it matter when you do so? Because if it was as simple as doing what the g6team has said, there would be no issues. I can't see people not turning off the system and then turning it back on during their troubleshooting steps.

- Fitzy

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
He means that in order to have the save data backed onto the internal memory, you need to manually reboot at some stage in the future. Of course, if you leave it for long amounts of time, the save might not be there anymore.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
He means that in order to have the save data backed onto the internal memory, you need to manually reboot at some stage in the future. Of course, if you leave it for long amounts of time, the save might not be there anymore.

I see. But as I was saying, I could leave the cart alone for days and days and go back to it and the save would still be there. I don't think I understand completely.

- Fitzy

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Actually, no. The G6 Lite requires you to restart the flashcart to write the save data to the save file for both DS and GBA games.

Destructobot's statement is completely correct. In order for the save to be written to the save file on the internal memory (the .0 and .1, etc files), the card must be restarted so that the card can backup the save from the battery. He didn't say anything about needing to restart it instantly or soon.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Destructobot's statement is completely correct. In order for the save to be written to the save file on the internal memory (the .0 and .1, etc files), the card must be restarted so that the card can backup the save from the battery. He didn't say anything about needing to restart it instantly or soon.

I never said anyone was incorrect I was just giving my experience with previous flash cards is all. This process is new to me as I've never had an issue with saves before. Sorry if I've given the impression that I don't believe you, I do, but I was just telling you about what I'd done is all.

- Fitzy

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay I see what you mean now. About the process being tedious, it isn't really difficult knowing that you have to boot up your DS someday in the future, and as you said, the battery retains the save for a while anyway. There isn't any other way to do GBA saves anyway.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Okay I see what you mean now. About the process being tedious, it isn't really difficult knowing that you have to boot up your DS someday in the future, and as you said, the battery retains the save for a while anyway. There isn't any other way to do GBA saves anyway.

Ah, gotcha. See? Just a miscommunication on my part. Sorry bud. Thanks for the information
smile.gif

Meh, I just found out the Real has a spring loaded micro SD slot. I'm pretty out of it lately. I've been trying (with no success) to pull the micro SD out everytime I wanted to switch games. With my lack of nails, that was a nightmare and I was having to rely on my gf to do it for me. Thanks to a co-worker (who knows nothing about flash carts), I found out about the existance of the spring. Three weeks had passed before I discovered this. Sad thing is, I never even attempted to push down on the card. HA.

- Fitzy

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm about to try 0997 - Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow (E) with firmware 2.7c and the following settings:
Cheat: Off
RTS: Enable
Method: Patch

Results: the game works, real time save works, normal saving doesn't work (even resetting the game with A+B+L+R made it delete its save).

Next one is 0001 - F-Zero for Game Boy Advance (J)

Results: the game works, real time save works, normal saving works

Now I'll test 0045 - Castlevania - Circle of the Moon (U)

Results: the intro works, but after that the game locks up

Next one: 0220 - Gradius Galaxies (U)

Results: the game works, real time saving works, but how the hell can I save?
tongue.gif

I haven't found the other roms yet, I'll update my post when I have.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK, I've tested the other roms.

0245 - Breath of Fire (U)

Results: the game runs, real time save works, normal save works

0403 - Breath of Fire II (U)

Results: the game runs, real time save works, normal save works

0588 - Megaman Zero (UE)

Results: the game runs, but the sound acts a bit strange (but maybe it's supposed to be like this), real time save works, normal save probably works, but the game is just to effin' hard!

Now I'll test 0045 - Castlevania - Circle of the Moon (U) again
RTS: Disable

Results: the game runs, also after the intro, the real time save obviously doesn't work, normal save... well, this game is too hard either
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, sadly I dont have any tips