Hacking My M# simply... WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO YOU!? [ help please?]

returnth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. I have a Question (obviously)
My M3 Simply was working fine. Until one day i was downloading a game and the computer froze up on me.
I was importing the rom to the SD card and then bam. I had to restart. The SD card no longer would appear on my computer... i even used a different computer to see if it would appear. Well...i suppose it's broken!
All of my memories.. i should have backed them up...

anyway. I purchased a new SD Card today. 4( GM) only 11 dollars i almost fainted! it's real too....i'm hoping.

So......... I put two new games into the SD card and i put in the a modern firmware.

You know
Moonshell , _DS_MENU.DAT , _DS_MSHL.NDS and _system_

it's 1.14 i think...

Then.. i put the new SD card into my M3 cart

and then
*dunununuh!!!!*
it just gives me a black screen.... it says " Loading"
for eternity

:/
i was highly upset when I saw this! So, to run some tests I also put my old non working SD card in the M3 Cart and ran it
the loading screen quickly changes(like it would if it were working normally )
but to just a black screen

the two different reactions have only happened to their respective parts
the new SD (stuck on loading)
and the old SD ( black screen)

I'm not sure what i could be doing wrong...

returnth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you... you're absolutely right...

I bought an [HC] card...
frown.gif

nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

thank you very, very much

Johnyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i know how to fix that old card... its damaged filesystem. same thing happened to me when i was doing something with my external hard drive and that stupid power cable fell off. if you'll format it using acronis partition manager or whatever you can fix it. because the damaged filesystem looks like not formatted BUT the acronis manager will see unformatted sd card and you can format it into a new partition. windows is used to only floppy can be unformatted (when you put an old floppy into the drive and click it in computer it will say its not formated) hard drives, flash discs, memory cards and whatever will just not be showed and if it will be formatted to two partitions it will show two drives. partition managers are made to see everything and show it to you like on graph:

Memory card 4GB
|-------------------------------------------------------|------------------------------|----|
2.5 GB FAT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1.3 GB FAT . . . . . . .0.2GB unformatted

In this case i'll see a two memory cards but have plugged in only one.

You should see this:

Memory card 2GB
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2GB unformatted . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

About 0,2GB are occupied by the MBR table, this size will be smaller on smaller drives and bigger on bigger ones. You'll see the partition table size when it turns to you are unable to format all the drive -> 2GB drive but you are able to format only 1,8GB

I hope this helped

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*gasp* that should be in the sakura update that you have a partitioned micro sdhc and it detects both sides I know its silly but still cool.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0