DuduMil

Der Hallomann
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
[SOLVED]

Yesterday, I used my laptop, it didn't had anything that could damage it, it only had FL Studio 20, Reason 11, Wii U Usb helper, Java and Dolphin Emulator.

I decided to shut it down, and now, it wont turn on, the only thing that happens, is the keyboard lights that turn on, other than that, nothing. Nothing in the screen, no sound...

Oh, and the battery is charged.

Please help me to save my computer... :(

Last edited by DuduMil,

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday, I used my laptop, it didn't had anything that could damage it, it only had FL Studio 20, Reason 11, Wii U Usb helper, Java and Dolphin Emulator.

I decided to shut it down, and now, it wont turn on, the only thing that happens, is the keyboard lights that turn on, other than that, nothing. Nothing in the screen, no sound...

Oh, and the battery is charged.

Please help me to save my computer... :(
Describe the fans. Can you hear or see them spinning by chance? What is your laptop model? Also, what lights on the keyboard turn on? Just the backlights, or any capslock and numlock ones?

Reactions: Kopimist

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any external devices connected? If so remove those first. I have an external hdd that sometimes causes this with my laptop. Drive is probably ready to die but unplugging it before the computer boots and plugging it back in when it's booted seems to work for now. What is the model of your laptop?

DuduMil

Der Hallomann
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The fans are spinning, it doesn't boot to the OS, it's an Asus Vivobook, the keyboard backlights turn on, I don't have anything connected to it

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Does your laptop has a Disk Drive LED?
It blinks when the drive is being read.

If your lap indeed has one, turn on your laptop and that LED should be on, if not, then it's probably a display issue.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, lets go down the list here.

1.) Does the unit upon powering on show signs of life (lights, fans, sounds)
2.) Does the unit's backlight function upon powering (screen turns on, but displays nothing/black)
3.) Does the unit have any flashing lights, or have any beeping sounds coming from it. For lights check the power button, caps lock button and any indicator/activity lights on the side/front of the device.
3-1.) If the above is true do these lights flash in a pattern, and if so what is the pattern (3 flashes, long pause, 3 flashes again, etc)
4.) If the above does not show anything, have you attempted to remove the battery from the laptop and then ground the unit (hold power button while disconnected to any power source/battery)
5.) Have you attempted to plug in your laptop to an external monitor/TV using an HDMI/Display Cable.

Please go through these options and report back with results when able.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E