OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello everyone, need some help here.

Chronology
- My HDD previously worked fine
- On one laptop, I removed some games, and added another games,, Opened USB Loader GX and all worked fine no problems.
- A day later, on another laptop, I added 30 new games, opened USB loader GX and my HDD is not initialized (GX only detects SD card, that I use only for the software and saving data

Notes :
- I happened to download the games on two different laptops, that's why I used those two.
- I performed those operations on the two laptops using the very same version of Wii Backup Manager (Build79 64 bit)
- The Wii console we are talking about is the same, with USB Loader GX ver 3.0 build 1281. I always use USB port closest to the side..
- Using Wiiflow, the HDD is detected as usual.
- My HDD is 750gb external FAT32 format, MBR type, single partition.. and is detected as usual on both laptops and their respective Wii Backup Managers
- All games in WBFS format
- Settings -> Loader Settings -> Loader´s IOS : 249 and Games IOS : Auto

If there is anything, please inform accordingly.

Thank you in advance

neverendsDull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tonga
Seems you made no wrong moves, so maybe it's just the HDD is broken. Try scan it with some software to see if it has bad sectors.
Simple one is like AIDA64/HWINFO, to check SMART attributes, if nothing wrong then do a complete scan with Victoria.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello everyone, need some help here.

Chronology
- My HDD previously worked fine
- On one laptop, I removed some games, and added another games,, Opened USB Loader GX and all worked fine no problems.
- A day later, on another laptop, I added 30 new games, opened USB loader GX and my HDD is not initialized (GX only detects SD card, that I use only for the software and saving data

Notes :
- I happened to download the games on two different laptops, that's why I used those two.
- I performed those operations on the two laptops using the very same version of Wii Backup Manager (Build79 64 bit)
- The Wii console we are talking about is the same, with USB Loader GX ver 3.0 build 1281. I always use USB port closest to the side..
- Using Wiiflow, the HDD is detected as usual.
- My HDD is 750gb external FAT32 format, MBR type, single partition.. and is detected as usual on both laptops and their respective Wii Backup Managers
- All games in WBFS format
- Settings -> Loader Settings -> Loader´s IOS : 249 and Games IOS : Auto

If there is anything, please inform accordingly.

Thank you in advance
The disk can be opened and read on the portables?

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I removed some games,

This is the cause.
It happened to some other folks over here (I'm lazy to search for the topics where it is mentioned).

2 solutions:

- You can try to manually mount the HDD in ULGX. Go to Settings > HDD settings > Click on Game/Install partition. Wait a bit. FAT32 displayed if successful.

- Format the HDD and copy again your games. Never remove games after that.^^

Note: I never used Wii Backup Manager to copy games. I prefer to do it manually (creating correct folders myself) and copy them with copy/paste. Never have any problem this way.

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Note: I never used Wii Backup Manager to copy games. I prefer to do it manually (creating correct folders myself) and copy them with copy/paste. Never have any problem this way.
Good morning,

Personal opinion and other members on this forum will tell you that this is not the best way to install your games manually (risk of corruption) on your external hard drive.

The best way is to use "wii backup manager" because they manage and place the games correctly on your hard drive.

Reactions: Ouaz and impeeza

anggraha10

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Seems you made no wrong moves, so maybe it's just the HDD is broken. Try scan it with some software to see if it has bad sectors.
Simple one is like AIDA64/HWINFO, to check SMART attributes, if nothing wrong then do a complete scan with Victoria.
Thanks for the reply..
Up until now I still use this HDD to manage the games on my laptops (means it read just fine), and to be played using Wiiflow..
Trying USB Loader GX, still not initialized.

This is the cause.
It happened to some other folks over here (I'm lazy to search for the topics where it is mentioned).

2 solutions:

- You can try to manually mount the HDD in ULGX. Go to Settings > HDD settings > Click on Game/Install partition. Wait a bit. FAT32 displayed if successful.

Thanks for the reply, appreciated..
- At settings > HDD Settings, I have tried and it just my SD that is detected
- As it is still read on laptops and detected on Wiiflow only, I prefer not to do that
- I once manage games manually by Windows Explorer, format, running CHKDSK, recover some games and it cost my HDD to be corrupted and broken after that. I won't dare to do the exact same thing..
good morning,

@jeannotte , any ideas on my problem?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This is the cause.

2 solutions:

Deleting games on FAT32 is not an issue. Deleting games on WBFS causes corruption with some (outdated) tools, not with Wii Backup Manager however. Even that corruption does not prevent the drive from being detected, but just corrupts some of your games. This kind of issue, in my experience, is usually caused by a dodgy/failing drive.
Post automatically merged:

Thanks for the reply..
Up until now I still use this HDD to manage the games on my laptops (means it read just fine), and to be played using Wiiflow..
Trying USB Loader GX, still not initialized.

Thanks for the reply, appreciated..
- At settings > HDD Settings, I have tried and it just my SD that is detected
- As it is still read on laptops and detected on Wiiflow only, I prefer not to do that
- I once manage games manually by Windows Explorer, format, running CHKDSK, recover some games and it cost my HDD to be corrupted and broken after that. I won't dare to do the exact same thing..
good morning,

@jeannotte , any ideas on my problem?
You could try setting loader IOS to 58 (it should be on 249 by default)
That can fix issues with the drive not initializing/not being detected.

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    CWaffles @ CWaffles: Yup. I install LM2 HD a little while ago