Gaming MY GOD! Any RPG not filled with...

Gimmy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Cute - bunny/slimy - pink loving - figures/monsters/companions?
Damm who am I need to ***** with so they publish one?!

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Well a lot of good RPG games come out of Japan. Japan doesn't seem to have as many repressed teenage homosexuals with a fear of the colour pink. Hence the editing of Kirby boxes for outside of Japan.

I guess the best course of action would be to convince the kind of testosteronally unbalanced angry sweaty western nerds to get good at making RPG games. Maybe get in touch with the people who made Bomberman Act Zero and get them to ruin RPG games in a similar fashion.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Gimmy.. try Final Fantasy 8?
biggrin.gif

Gimmy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Well a lot of good RPG games come out of Japan.  Japan doesn't seem to have as many repressed teenage homosexuals with a fear of the colour pink.  Hence the editing of Kirby boxes for outside of Japan.

I guess the best course of action would be to convince the kind of testosteronally unbalanced angry sweaty western nerds to get good at making RPG games.  Maybe get in touch with the people who made Bomberman Act Zero and get them to ruin RPG games in a similar fashion.

rofl2.gif
Loved your diagnosis, but while it being discorrect and about the players themselves, I talked about the theme of the games which I don't see how it can ruin a game, but what can ruin a game is an infantile theme. I feel like I'm playing 12 years old (or lower) kids (and not mature) RPG.

FF8? I played that on the PC 8 years ago.

Gimmy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Just finished my first battle in FF3 and OMG...a goblin!(?)
Even though this game is japanise from all directions, there no fluffy-waffy creatures to fight against, that's make a very big difference!!
Thank you Square Soft-Enix!

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hear ya! The art style of most RPG's really turns me off. The little squashed super-deformed characters running around in the game, coupled with the Anime style character pics during cut scenes really annoys me.

Call me strange, but if it must be cartoon characters, I'd rather see American (read: normal) looking characters than those wide-eyed freakazoids with spiky hair.

I'd also rather the male characters in those game NOT look like girls without tits. A person should be able to tell whether a character is male or female at a glance, not after carefully looking at it for a minute. 90% of the time, the wacky names they give them don't help either.

And for the love of God, get rid of all the cutesy crap in many of these games. That cutesy crap is like drinking a bottle of pancake syrup....seems great at first, but makes you sick to your stomach real quick with all its "sweetness".

angelotax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I hear ya! The art style of most RPG's really turns me off. The little squashed super-deformed characters running around in the game, coupled with the Anime style character pics during cut scenes really annoys me.

Call me strange, but if it must be cartoon characters, I'd rather see American (read: normal) looking characters than those wide-eyed freakazoids with spiky hair.

I'd also rather the male characters in those game NOT look like girls without tits. A person should be able to tell whether a character is male or female at a glance, not after carefully looking at it for a minute. 90% of the time, the wacky names they give them don't help either.

And for the love of God, get rid of all the cutesy crap in many of these games. That cutesy crap is like drinking a bottle of pancake syrup....seems great at first, but makes you sick to your stomach real quick with all its "sweetness".
Already told him.
Games on Nintendo Systems/most japanese consoles, have always looked like this.
Buy a 360/PC and play Oblivion /wait Mass Effect.
Cheers.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
hmm, yeah... oblivion is quite a great awesome game....
but i still like the pink stuff.. and the cute stuff... and FF8 no matter if you played it 8 years ago.. play it again!

MetaKz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Man, I cannot wait for FF4. I didn't like FF3 very much.... too little story, IMO.

I actually can't think of any non "cutesy" RPGs for DS off the top of my head. Haha. I am okay with taking in all this cutesy stuff though, it doesn't bug me if a game feels kiddy or not. The only time it's really bugged me is in Magical Starsign (Not to mention that the character art actually made me feel sick whenever I saw it).

Oh, and out of all the girly main characters out there, the guy from "Magna Carta: Tears of Blood" is by far the girliest ever. It's a ps2 game for those of you who haven't heard of it.

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well a lot of good RPG games come out of Japan. Japan doesn't seem to have as many repressed teenage homosexuals with a fear of the colour pink. Hence the editing of Kirby boxes for outside of Japan.

I guess the best course of action would be to convince the kind of testosteronally unbalanced angry sweaty western nerds to get good at making RPG games. Maybe get in touch with the people who made Bomberman Act Zero and get them to ruin RPG games in a similar fashion.

Hahahaha! Perfectly put. C'mon guys. Don't be such whimps. Embrace awesome, cute, cartoony stuff, and awesome, violent dark stuff at the same time. How cowardly does a person have to be to be afraid of the color pink or cute, appealing character design?

Gimmy, if your problem is that you are only finding cute stuff and you're tough enough to play that stuff, but just want some variety then that's totally reasonable, variety is always good. But if you can't play cute things because it makes you feel like less of a man, then my advice is to grow a pair. Then your masculinity won't be so easily undermined.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I hear ya! The art style of most RPG's really turns me off. The little squashed super-deformed characters running around in the game, coupled with the Anime style character pics during cut scenes really annoys me.

I'd rather see American (read: normal) looking characters than those wide-eyed freakazoids with spiky hair.

I'd also rather the male characters in those game NOT look like girls without tits. A person should be able to tell whether a character is male or female at a glance, not after carefully looking at it for a minute. 90% of the time, the wacky names they give them don't help either.

And for the love of God, get rid of all the cutesy crap in many of these games. That cutesy crap is like drinking a bottle of pancake syrup....seems great at first, but makes you sick to your stomach real quick with all its "sweetness".

well said
bow.gif

man i hate Japan..I read a study that was done that compared down-syndrome people to Asians. Turns out it was a very close match.

evan.jpg
=
asian%20boy.JPG
??

/racist

I'm not normally racist but this thread brought out the hate

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well saidÂ
bow.gif

man i hate Japan..I read a study that was done that compared down-syndrome people to Asians. Turns out it was a very close match.

You don't just start and stop being racist. So clearly, you are normally a racist. What you must mean is that you don't normally express it. Down syndrome causes eyes to take a more narrow (asian) like appearance, but that's a superficial similarity, the kind of thing often harped on by racists. In reality Japan (which is where the majority of Asian video games come from) is one of the most educated and intelligent cultures in the world. In the US they ARE the most educated and well off of any cultural group. That is not something you could say of people with Down Syndrome at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E