MY GOD! Any RPG not filled with...

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Gimmy, Aug 16, 2007.

Aug 16, 2007
  1. Gimmy
    OP

Newcomer Gimmy Advanced Member

Israel
    Cute - bunny/slimy - pink loving - figures/monsters/companions?
    Damm who am I need to ***** with so they publish one?!

2. kikapo_O

Newcomer kikapo_O Advanced Member

Malaysia
    Try to find a RPG which is made in Japan

3. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Well a lot of good RPG games come out of Japan. Japan doesn't seem to have as many repressed teenage homosexuals with a fear of the colour pink. Hence the editing of Kirby boxes for outside of Japan.

I guess the best course of action would be to convince the kind of testosteronally unbalanced angry sweaty western nerds to get good at making RPG games. Maybe get in touch with the people who made Bomberman Act Zero and get them to ruin RPG games in a similar fashion.

4. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    Gimmy.. try Final Fantasy 8? [​IMG]

5. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    Try getting a PSP. We accept figures/monsters/companions from all colours, not just pink.

6. Ph1l0z0ph3r

Member Ph1l0z0ph3r GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hmm i was playing FF3 and i didn't see any bunnies or many pink monsters.

7. Gimmy
    OP

Israel
    [​IMG] Loved your diagnosis, but while it being discorrect and about the players themselves, I talked about the theme of the games which I don't see how it can ruin a game, but what can ruin a game is an infantile theme. I feel like I'm playing 12 years old (or lower) kids (and not mature) RPG.

FF8? I played that on the PC 8 years ago.

8. kikapo_O

Newcomer kikapo_O Advanced Member

Malaysia
    Shit I forgot to write the not [​IMG]

9. Gimmy
    OP

Israel
    Just finished my first battle in FF3 and OMG...a goblin!(?)
    Even though this game is japanise from all directions, there no fluffy-waffy creatures to fight against, that's make a very big difference!!
    Thank you Square Soft-Enix!

10. WeaponXxX

Member WeaponXxX Too F'in Blonde

United States
    I feel bad for you when you get to the end...FF3 sucks ass due to the job classes. Thank god FF4 will be here soon

11. angelotax

Newcomer angelotax Member

Italy
    You bought the wrong system.
    Xbox 360 will be fine.

12. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I hear ya! The art style of most RPG's really turns me off. The little squashed super-deformed characters running around in the game, coupled with the Anime style character pics during cut scenes really annoys me.

Call me strange, but if it must be cartoon characters, I'd rather see American (read: normal) looking characters than those wide-eyed freakazoids with spiky hair.

I'd also rather the male characters in those game NOT look like girls without tits. A person should be able to tell whether a character is male or female at a glance, not after carefully looking at it for a minute. 90% of the time, the wacky names they give them don't help either.

And for the love of God, get rid of all the cutesy crap in many of these games. That cutesy crap is like drinking a bottle of pancake syrup....seems great at first, but makes you sick to your stomach real quick with all its "sweetness".

13. angelotax

Italy
    Already told him.
    Games on Nintendo Systems/most japanese consoles, have always looked like this.
    Buy a 360/PC and play Oblivion /wait Mass Effect.
    Cheers.

14. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    hmm, yeah... oblivion is quite a great awesome game....
    but i still like the pink stuff.. and the cute stuff... and FF8 no matter if you played it 8 years ago.. play it again!

15. angelotax

Italy
    I like both.
    So i have both systems [​IMG]

16. MetaKz

Newcomer MetaKz Advanced Member

Canada
    Man, I cannot wait for FF4. I didn't like FF3 very much.... too little story, IMO.

I actually can't think of any non "cutesy" RPGs for DS off the top of my head. Haha. I am okay with taking in all this cutesy stuff though, it doesn't bug me if a game feels kiddy or not. The only time it's really bugged me is in Magical Starsign (Not to mention that the character art actually made me feel sick whenever I saw it).

Oh, and out of all the girly main characters out there, the guy from "Magna Carta: Tears of Blood" is by far the girliest ever. It's a ps2 game for those of you who haven't heard of it.

17. Pigwooly

Member Pigwooly GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hahahaha! Perfectly put. C'mon guys. Don't be such whimps. Embrace awesome, cute, cartoony stuff, and awesome, violent dark stuff at the same time. How cowardly does a person have to be to be afraid of the color pink or cute, appealing character design?

Gimmy, if your problem is that you are only finding cute stuff and you're tough enough to play that stuff, but just want some variety then that's totally reasonable, variety is always good. But if you can't play cute things because it makes you feel like less of a man, then my advice is to grow a pair. Then your masculinity won't be so easily undermined.

18. cubin'

Member cubin' GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    well said [​IMG]

man i hate Japan..I read a study that was done that compared down-syndrome people to Asians. Turns out it was a very close match.

[​IMG]=[​IMG]??
    /racist

I'm not normally racist but this thread brought out the hate

19. Retal

Member Retal GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I'd rather call you a penis.

20. Pigwooly

Member Pigwooly GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You don't just start and stop being racist. So clearly, you are normally a racist. What you must mean is that you don't normally express it. Down syndrome causes eyes to take a more narrow (asian) like appearance, but that's a superficial similarity, the kind of thing often harped on by racists. In reality Japan (which is where the majority of Asian video games come from) is one of the most educated and intelligent cultures in the world. In the US they ARE the most educated and well off of any cultural group. That is not something you could say of people with Down Syndrome at all.