My Game! Hard Hats

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by Kyuzumaki, Jan 8, 2011.

Jan 8, 2011

My Game! Hard Hats by Kyuzumaki at 5:21 PM (1,077 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Kyuzumaki
    OP

Member Kyuzumaki GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

Hey Tempers! This is my new iphone game. Just trying to get the word out and hopefully pick up a few good reviews! If anyones interested in doing a review please drop me a pm [​IMG]

Gameplay:
    You take control of a wrecking ball to take out all the mad orbs that have overrun the construction yard. You control the wrecking ball with an elastic string. The string can break so you have to be careful! Smooth movements are key to getting high scores. Powerups are unlocked after attaining certain ranks. Reaching the ultimate rank takes powerups and skill but it is possible [​IMG]
    Game runs on
    • iPhone 3/4
    • iPod Touch
    • iPad
    itunes store link
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hard-hats/id408887312?mt=8

CODEMad orbs have taken control of your construction yard. We dunno their plan, or what they want.
    All we know, is that you’re the best there is with a wreckin’ ball. Smash ‘em all! Fast!

Collect hats from the fallen and trade them in the workshop to power up your wrecking ball.
    Unlock power-ups as you climb the ranks but remember, getting a high rank ain’t no picnic!!
    Unlock the ultimate powerups to achieve mammoth scores! Your best five wreckin’ scores are
    found in the highscore depot, make ‘em somethin’ to be proud of!

2. tijntje_7

Member tijntje_7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Looking at the video. Not having played the game:
    -The.. Enemies? They should have some kind of animation...
    -I was going to download it.. till I saw it was 0.79... Sorry, I don't think it's worth it. (and I'm also a pirate, to be honest)
    In all honesty, I don't think this game will sell well [​IMG]
    If you'd make it free, it'd be downloaded a lot more. Weren't there ads for apps anyway? That gives you revenue, right? Sorry, I haven't made an app myself I'm not too sure.

On the other hand, it DOES look kinda fun. You have to look into the enemies though.

Good luck [​IMG]

3. Kyuzumaki
    OP

United Kingdom
    They are animated! They blink, we tried movement and various things but its annoying when you play for any period of time. I didnt put adds on it because of speed. The game has to be perfectly smooth so its set at lowest point apple let you set without being free [​IMG]

4. Raiser

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    I like the concept and your execution of it.

But the background looks a bit faint- looks like everything is floating in the air.
    Also, I agree with tij with how enemies just pop out of nowhere (disregarding the marker that's placed before the enemy comes).
    The blinking is good, but maybe have them slightly moving? Possibly in small circles for example.

I'd personally give it 2.5/5 stars. Good concept, you have the core gameplay down; all that's left is to add variation & fix up details.

Good luck!

5. alidsl

Member alidsl I am now a lurker

United Kingdom
    I've decided to buy it [​IMG] I'll post what I think

Edit: great game, I hope you (and you team?) make updates for it

Also when you click on ready it just goes straight to the sky, it would be much better if it would pan up or something similar

6. Kyuzumaki
    OP

United Kingdom
    Glad you like it. Yeah we are working on an update at the moment just minor changes for now [​IMG]

7. alidsl

Member alidsl I am now a lurker

United Kingdom
    Yay, great stuff I hope you do make more games in the future

8. Raiser

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    Support for bug fixes, new features, anything really is the key to a good game, good developer, and more sales.

Keep it up!