Gaming My DSi XL shuts off on its own even at full charge

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
I haven't used my DSi XL in over a year, today I wanted to play some Gameboy games with lameboy's green filter since I can't get that look and feel on the PSP emulators, I found an SD card reader, added whatever games I wanted to play to my good ol' AceKard 2i and it worked alright, for a while, then the system started shutting itself off at random.
I charged it to full charge, played some more just now and it keeps doing this even on DS games.

Could it just be a busted battery or could I be facing a more serious underlying issue here?
My system was NEVER dropped, hit, handled poorly, it was tucked away in my retro game cabinet where I keep my rare and valuable games. No harm could have come to it in the past year or so since I last played it.

There are some games on my flashcard I want to play that I don't have and can't ever obtain at this point and the blasted thing won't work on the 3DS
I would order a new battery if that's even possible, but I can't risk spending money on something that may or may not be the solution to my problem.

Is this a thing with the 3DS XL's? Could it just be a faulty battery?

Judas18

Queen Kunty
Trophies
XP
Country
I know it's a completely different system but I had the same problem with my GBA SP years ago, the battery just eventually died. With each recharge you're slowly diminishing the battery life, that's just what happens. Eventually my SP battery would only last around 10-15 minutes before it would die and then it just stopped charging altogether. Try getting a new battery.

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
We went over custom firmware on 3ds in another topic and it was too complex for me to wrap my head around XD

So if a battery is messed up it will show full charge but shut off at random? Because mine shows full charge, the light is blue and all yet it just shuts off
Also my ds wifi is off i never have it on

justin-dabath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,
Couple of things to check,

When the DSI XL is turned on,

1 - move the top screen back and forward, while doing that check to see if any of the colours go funny on the top screen.

2 - gently tap the bottom or round the back of the console while it's on to see if it goes off.

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colors are fine and tapping the bottom and top screens all over on the back does nothing.
Sometimes the system can stay on for longer periods of time until I personally turn it off, sometimes it shuts itself off for seemingly no reason at all minutes after i get into a game.

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Could the battery have messed up due to me not using the system for a longer period of time? Since now that I play it more, I only have Giana Sisters on my flash card unfortunately and felt like replaying it, the issues seems to have gone away completely.
Like it needed some time to stabilize.

Also why is Giana Sisters still like $40-$50 dammit :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.