Hacking My 8GB sdhc card doesn't work with my M3 Real.

bonita

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

(I'll try to make my problem as clear as possible, but English is not my native language, so I hope you can understand what I mean and don't get irritated because I used the wrong grammar)

Last week I've bought a M3 Real Rumble RAM Pack. I also bought a Sandisk 4 GB SDHC card. Everything worked and still works perfectly.

But, I've downloaded so much ROMS and I thought it would be fun to have all those ROMS on one SDHC card. So I bought a new one, exactly the same Sandisk, 8GB.
I've made two folders, one called SYSTEM with the same firmware I used on de 4GB card (I simply unpacked it once more on my 8GB card), and one folder called NDS (I've copied all the ROMS to this map, only NDS roms).

So, I put it in my NDSlite and choose the first Icon which I also use when I open the 4 GB card. Everything seems normal, but some games are over 10.000 MB and most of the games are 0 MB. When I stick this SD card in my computer, the files are completely normal and the size is also like it should be. So it seems that my M3 real is not able to read my SD properly.

This are the things I already tried to make this work:
I went back to the store, and traded it for a new one (same SD card)and repeated all the steps but it still isn't working!
I've used the format mode (how do you call this in English, it erases all the files ) but that doesn't solve the problem either..
I've downloaded the firmware again, erased the other one and unpacked the new firmware to my SD card
I opened the SD card in another computer, but everything seems to be OK.

So, my M3real DOES play the 4 GB but not the same 8GB card. Can anyone help me? I've asked so many people but no one knows what to do, I'm getting a bit desperate! Please ask if you need any more information.

Thanks,

Bonita

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Where did you buy it? I'm ordering one for my SCDS1, so I hope it's good. If it doesn't work, contact the site or seller, and don't tell me you got it off of eBay, DealExtreme and Newegg are good sites. So where did you order from?

bonita

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do you mean where I got my SD card from or my M3 card?

Both the sd cards are from a huge electronica store, well known all over the country, so I'm sure that the SD cards are real.
I've bought the M3 card from a person I know, so I don't think he would sell me any crappy stuff, but the M3 card is working fine with 4GB so I don't think it's the M3 card that causes the problem.

The strangest fact is that the 4 GB is working perfect but the 8GB not, it's so frustrating!

Could sakura solve this problem?
Or is there something like a limit of games the DS can list, there are 164 roms on it right now

Sorry if I'm saying some very weird things right now, I'm just thinking of some things that can cause or solve this problem, I'm new with this..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: LTT also did it