Hacking My 5.5.1 Wii U is no longer connecting to Nintendo servers

sparlock666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently run 5.5.1 on my Wii U, and only use manual haxchi. For years, I have been able to use all online features of the console without an update thanks to my DNS settings, but now, the latest update is being pushed, and out of nowhere, I'm prevented from connecting to nintendo servers with error code 102-2511. Currently my DNS is set to "081.004.127.020" and "168.235.092.108", and I am able to establish a successful internet connection. I would prefer not to update if I don't have to, as I have heard the latest updates can have a negative effect on cold boot, should I choose to switch to it, and I don't know if any other features could be broken from updating. I made sure all auto-update options were still turned off, and I also tried using the update-folder deleter homebrew app, but still no change. Anyone else having this issue, or have a solution?

Edit: Bit the bullet and updated. Probably for the best since some homebrew only works with tiramisu anyway. Haxchi without cold boot still works fine too, so all good.

Last edited by sparlock666,

GBATmpEhUmaBOSTAAAA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Good to see Haxchi still working around to others instead of just me :)
Even tho that's no longer an issue for now, let me give an advice about blocking updates: the IP method is considered obsolete now, and there's a new way to block them by deleting the update folder inside of the console OS. You can do this quickly and safer with a homebrew app called UFDiine.
Since you don't use any custom DNS manually with this method, the eShop and other NUS servers will no longer be restricted, and you might even notice a connection boost which is very nice :v

Last edited by GBATmpEhUmaBOSTAAAA,

sparlock666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to see Haxchi still working around to others instead of just me :)
Even tho that's no longer an issue for now, let me give an advice about blocking updates: the IP method is considered obsolete now, and there's a new way to block them by deleting the update folder inside of the console OS. You can do this quickly and safer with a homebrew app called UFDiine.
Thanks for the reply. That was one method that I attempted, but it didn't stop the error code from showing up and preventing me from connecting to official nintendo servers.

GBATmpEhUmaBOSTAAAA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for the reply. That was one method that I attempted, but it didn't stop the error code from showing up and preventing me from connecting to official nintendo servers.
Even at 5.5.6? :/
I mean it is to expect this error (if you're outdated) even with UFDiine. These update restrictions won't avoid update checks, they'll just not download them and throw an error at you...
Also fun fact: if you still want to play some compatible online game without updating, you can do so with Pretendo Network since it only checks for updates when you use your NNID

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...