Hacking my 3DS is not working after using the Gateway 3DS

KeyLocke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
While I think your title perfectly applies to your situation the context before reading your OP makes us all think this is happening widespread. People are looking forward to Gateway so please forgive us too :)

Strexils

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I think your title perfectly applies to your situation the context before reading your OP makes us all think this is happening widespread. People are looking forward to Gateway so please forgive us too :)

Thanks for understanding :), I'm biting my tongue over the dramatic title
It is an exciting time to be a 3DS owner!

lukands

I took the little bus here
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
First I don't think "galore" is the correct word you should have used.
And something doesn't add up in your story. Sounds like your first console didn't even make it back to Nintendo for out of warranty repair work (how much did that cost you). It's hard to believe Nintendo just "transferred what they could" and then sent you a new console with old firmware on it to replace your out of warranty one.
EDIT...and how are you checking the SD card if you already sent it back to "Nintendo"

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And something doesn't add up in your story. Sounds like your first console didn't even make it back to Nintendo for out of warranty repair work (how much did that cost you). It's hard to believe Nintendo just "transferred what they could" and then sent you a new console with old firmware on it to replace your out of warranty one.

So you're accusing him of what exactly? Fabricating an elaborate story for his own amusement? If you ask me, I think that's harder to believe than the actual story in the OP.

Strexils

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm just saying it how I see it, it was free and completely handled by the store I bought it from

lukands

I took the little bus here
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
So you're accusing him of what exactly? Fabricating an elaborate story for his own amusement? If you ask me, I think that's harder to believe than the actual story in the OP.
Nothing, but from my own experiences and what i have read Nintendo (or any of the big game manufactures) doesn't operate like that. It just sounds like half a story, that's all.

Strexils

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible for you to take pictures or make a video of the system?

Unfortunately no, since its on its way back to nintendo. The video would have gone like this:
Turned on the 3DS -> 3DS loads normally to the home screen -> move cursor around homescreen for a few seconds or select an app -> the console black screens and displays error message

This one to be exact (not my photo or console):
Nintendo-3DS-Error-Black-Screen-Of-Death-Reported.jpg

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Unfortunately no, since its on its way back to nintendo. The video would have gone like this:
Turned on the 3DS -> 3DS loads normally to the home screen -> move cursor around homescreen for a few seconds or select an app -> the console black screens and displays error message

This one to be exact (not my photo or console):
Nintendo-3DS-Error-Black-Screen-Of-Death-Reported.jpg

That's the same screen that popped out when I was trying to boot the NSMB2 (U) rom. Too bad Nintendo didn't implement error codes for these.

Eyesenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok so i didnt read everyones reply here cause im too lazy and i kinda dont care lol no offense but just in ncase u didnt try this i think it might be your micro sd the problem what happens with these cheap cards (class 4,6,...KINGSTON ESPECIALLY)is they work for a while flawlessly and then BOOM! they just fuck up from one sec to another anyways my guess would be try another one

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok so i didnt read everyones reply here cause im too lazy and i kinda dont care lol no offense but just in ncase u didnt try this i think it might be your micro sd the problem what happens with these cheap cards (class 4,6,...KINGSTON ESPECIALLY)is they work for a while flawlessly and then BOOM! they just fuck up from one sec to another anyways my guess would be try another one

Please leave.

Reactions: Nurio and Yepi69

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
All 'dem people mad 'cuz their Gateway is being made out to look like something terrible in this thread.

It's more like it's difficult to believe since, at least for me, I had understood that the "Gateway hack" was only temporal, something like a Light Custom Firmware for PSP that couldn't mess with the firmware in any way, being deleted after shutting down the system. Knowing this, it kind of scares me, I hope Gateway could bring an answer to this issue in case this is true.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
It's more like it's difficult to believe since, at least for me, I had understood that the "Gateway hack" was only temporal, something like a Light Custom Firmware for PSP that couldn't mess with the firmware in any way, being deleted after shutting down the system. Knowing this, it kind of scares me, I hope Gateway could bring an answer to this issue in case this is true.

Well this is only the first occurrence we've seen of this, and the Gateway has been out for quite a while now. If this does start to occur on a larger scale, it would be wise to alert people to wipe their systems when this starts to occur before it's impossible to do so (Like the OP).

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like a rare case based on a few assumptions.

1. Can you play a DS game/flashcart?
2. Can you access the settings?

There was a reset button combination IIRC that allows you to reset the 3DS as well. (Also going to ask if the title can be edited due to being a bit misleading.)

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
this problem reads like file corruption. i've always read that nintendo sends back blank systems and users have to call to get their eshop downloads. in most cases they can't even get back their files. i honestly don't think the store you returned it to sent it back to nintendo at all. i think they just formatted everything and then gave you back your system. that sounds more logical to me based on what i've read about nintendo's repair service.

-another world

cdoty

Trophies
Website
www.rastersoft.net
XP
Country
United States
If the memory was physically bad, I wonder if your power supply is damaged or something. If it's putting out too much voltage, you could be frying the memory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle