Gaming My 360 got a slight cold?

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah so I hooked up my 360 the other day to my HD TV and sat down on my couch and turned on the counsel with the controller and was it was making any noises or doing anything so I looked over at it and it had 3 red rings
blink.gif
. I felt sick. I turned it off and sat there in disbelief then turned it back on. Same thing. So i brought it upstairs to my other tv and it worked. So I brought it back down to hd and it worked again. Now its been about 2 days and its been working fine. Do you think its gunna conk out on me or what? I'm kinda worried. I've read alot about the Red ring of death but never what to do if it happened because I never thought it would happen to me.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The three red rings means other things other than just fried board. I can't remember them all, but I believe one of them has to do with the power cable. It's very likely you just plugged the cable in loosely or something similar.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
happened to me too. I had that damn cooler thing on it but once I saw the RROD I took off everything; cables, cooler, and HD. It worked without the cooler.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you sure it was 3 and not 4 red lights?

because 4 means an A\V cable problem, not connected properly, not detected, or not the right settings

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:

because 4 means an A\V cable problem, not connected properly, not detected, or not the right settings

That I checked. It was 3. But somehow it still must have been a cable problem.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:

No one ever notices that. They see some red lights and freak out. No time to think just jump into action and hope you can save it.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The power cable problem gives you three rings, so I wouldn't be worried about it. How is your 360 running? As good as ever? Or is it acting laggy and shit?

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
science said:
The power cable problem gives you three rings, so I wouldn't be worried about it. How is your 360 running? As good as ever? Or is it acting laggy and shit?

Same as normal. Although it gets insanely hot and is louder than all my friends 360's. however its always been like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER