ROM Hack Multiplayer online?

Digeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just heard from my friend that some program of some sort was being made so that you could play nds games that aren't online, online...Like playing multiplayer but with other people worldwide. I'm not really sure if he's serious or if he's just saying something like that so that i get my hopes up and later get dissapointed (which he often does xD) So i was just wondering if any of what he said is true?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The technique your friend descibes is called tunnelling, there was a bunch of work done a while back (as in just after the passme went commercial) on it but some projects were revealed as fakes while others were dropped due to technical issues.

In short you can not do it at this point in life and I would say you will not be able to do it soon, anyone willing to prove me wrong though will most certainly be treated to a barrel of grog on me.

Digeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't get it...it seems that they were on the right track...why did they suddenly stop?

sTo0z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yah it's a shame isn't it... but maybe those numbers aren't actual progress.. who really knows but him. He might have bloated those numbers a bit just to impress.
frown.gif

Most of those articles about tunneling are from like 2004, two years later and nothing yet.

Just dying to get a little Advance Wars over the internet, and maybe some New Mario Bros. mini games too.
wink.gif

Oh well, we can keep praying for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)