ROM Hack Mugen no Frontier EXCEED menu translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

bason230

Trophies
XP
Country
This is off-topic but, the beta-testing app doesn't work for me. At least when I click on submit, after waiting a while, a window pops up and tells me there's been an error. What do I do?
Noitora, could you look it up and see if you've received my reports?

ramestre

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.area99br.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Omg, I totally forgot to report here.
tongue.gif

I found some minor overflow bugs, and submitted some suggestions as well to Noitora in order to polish the menus a little.
smile.gif

Since I ain't a native english speaker, I could've just passed by "Curb" without noticing it. ;D

bason230

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah. I installed it right after reading the readme. To be more precise, it worked for a time, until I couldn't connect to the server anymore for some reason.

Noitora

::
OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
bason230 said:
Yeah. I installed it right after reading the readme. To be more precise, it worked for a time, until I couldn't connect to the server anymore for some reason.
Did that happen when you had an active internet connection?

Also a note to all beta testers:
Do not report any text overflow bugs about any items or equipment, I'm aware of them.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
hmm. thats odd.
though i haven't found anything particular yet.
i'll keep on checking, hopefully to find answers soon enough
smile.gif

but right now this translation is solid as diamond

Shynghost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys first off i want to give props to the person who is working on the translation Noitora your the greatest. I love the first super robot endless frontier played it like crazy when i found out about the 2nd one i've been praying that we get a US release but it seems like we might not get it and this game looks so much better in action.

Now i will be happy with just a menu translation just being able to know what skills im using and equipment etc and im happy. For some reason i can't get the patch to work not really sure what im doing so i was wondering if someone could either help me "even though im not that great with this computer stuff just know how to download lol" or just give me the rom already pre-patched. I would really appreciate it.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Shynghost said:
Hello guys first off i want to give props to the person who is working on the translation Noitora your the greatest. I love the first super robot endless frontier played it like crazy when i found out about the 2nd one i've been praying that we get a US release but it seems like we might not get it and this game looks so much better in action.

Now i will be happy with just a menu translation just being able to know what skills im using and equipment etc and im happy. For some reason i can't get the patch to work not really sure what im doing so i was wondering if someone could either help me "even though im not that great with this computer stuff just know how to download lol" or just give me the rom already pre-patched. I would really appreciate it.
well. the cause of that reason is that EXCEED plays after og gaiden...
so...yeah....thats the biggest problem in there

Shynghost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
megawalk said:
Shynghost said:

well. the cause of that reason is that EXCEED plays after og gaiden...
so...yeah....thats the biggest problem in there

Um not sure what that have to do with what i said i know EXCEED is the sequel. I'm trying to play this patch but i suck at patching stuff or just computer stuff period so i was asking if someone could just give me a pre patched game. I did try myself with that Rudolph program but no luck.

bason230

Trophies
XP
Country
Why would you use Rudolph's Anti-piracy patch for this?
First, find yourself an untrimmed, completely clean ROM.
Than, download the second patch available in this topic at the front page (first page, if you prefer).
Extract all the files, and open up xdeltaUI.
In the Patch part, choose to open the file beta patchV2.xdelta
In the Source File part, choose the ROM you've got.
And the output file is where you should set and name the file resulting from the patching. Name it something along this: [name you chose].nds (Don't forget the .nds part at the end)

And there you go. You put that in your flashcard or try out an emulator.

If there's a Checksum Validation Input problem, just go find yourself another ROM.

Shynghost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bason230 said:
Why would you use Rudolph's Anti-piracy patch for this?
First, find yourself an untrimmed, completely clean ROM.
Than, download the second patch available in this topic at the front page (first page, if you prefer).
Extract all the files, and open up xdeltaUI.
In the Patch part, choose to open the file beta patchV2.xdelta
In the Source File part, choose the ROM you've got.
And the output file is where you should set and name the file resulting from the patching. Name it something along this: [name you chose].nds (Don't forget the .nds part at the end)

And there you go. You put that in your flashcard or try out an emulator.

If there's a Checksum Validation Input problem, just go find yourself another ROM.

Yea like i said i suck when it comes to this computer stuff lol i just know how to dl stuff but when it come to patching stuff im clueless. I'll try my best with what you told me.

TheCypher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Rudolph's patch is still needed to card that don't really have a update,so just patch the game normaly THEN apply the AP patch

Shynghost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i patched the game using the patch 2.7 on the first page of this topic. I thought the spirits/skills were translated but the only thing translated is the menu some of the items none of the skills. From what i was reading in the other pages Noitora translated all the skills spirits and most of the items. Just wondering what im doing wrong is there another patch im not aware of any help would be greatly appreciated I love this game but its so hard to enjoy it when i don't know what skills im setting up or what spirit is what. Like i said earlier i would be happy with just this stuff translated.

bason230

Trophies
XP
Country
If you did carefully read, you would have noticed the skills and spirits are to be added in the next patch. Therefore, you'll have to do without it.

Shynghost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bason230 said:
If you did carefully read, you would have noticed the skills and spirits are to be added in the next patch. Therefore, you'll have to do without it.

I read thru all the pages and i didn't notice that. I knew some people were selected to beta test the game but i thought the patch they were playing on was the 2.7 patch. I'm fine with waiting so that's not a problem im grateful that Noitora is doing this since i loved OG Saga and Exceed is just 100x better in every way. You don't have to talk like that, just because i thought the patch they were playing on was the 2.7 patch.

Anyway.... Thanks alot for all your hard work Noitora and whoever else is helping with this i greatly appreciate it i will be patiently waiting until the next patch comes out just like how i waited patiently for the Tales of Innocence patch.

bason230

Trophies
XP
Country
Shynghost said:
bason230 said:

I read thru all the pages and i didn't notice that. I knew some people were selected to beta test the game but i thought the patch they were playing on was the 2.7 patch. I'm fine with waiting so that's not a problem im grateful that Noitora is doing this since i loved OG Saga and Exceed is just 100x better in every way. You don't have to talk like that, just because i thought the patch they were playing on was the 2.7 patch.

Anyway.... Thanks alot for all your hard work Noitora and whoever else is helping with this i greatly appreciate it i will be patiently waiting until the next patch comes out just like how i waited patiently for the Tales of Innocence patch.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean it that way. It wasn't supposed to be a sarcastic remark or something. It was friendly, and I mean it. Again, sorry.
Actually, we're (I used to be in the team, but It didn't work out for me, so whatever) beta-testing with a patch containing the Spirits and Skills translations, so yeah, it's newer. We're pretty much nearly done, Menu-wise and other stuff.

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Shynghost said:
It isn't patch 2.7, it's patch 2 and the patch file extension is 7z (a type of compressions).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong