MT card newbie bellend question(s)?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Benfica2076, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Benfica2076
    OP

Benfica2076 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2014
    Hey guys, a little help would be much appreciated to a novice who's never hacked anything in his life!

I've managed to get hold of a 3ds on firmware is 4.5.0-6E with an MT card, not sure if the MT card was ever installed on it as the seller is not answering any of my questions WTF!

My first question is: I follow every step upto installing mt installer on the blue card and confirms mt installed fine, put launcher.dat on ds card, all good. But where I fall down is when you go to ds profile it crashes and advises to power off aaahhhhhh any ideas?

My other question is will the mt card work on this firmware, not sure what 0-6e is?
    Might be a bit late as I've already tried installing the my card lol

Cheers and thanks in advance

2. Queno138

Queno138 Ravens

Sep 18, 2010
    Senegal
    Luigi's Dark Mansion
    There is a chance that your 3DS isn't truly FW 4.5

It's possible that it was updating and was shut off halfway.

Take some screenshots of your MT installer installing, entering DS profile, and your 3DS home page.

3. IronClouds

IronClouds GBAtemp's Pokébro

May 8, 2010
    United States
    1. The launcher.dat should go in the big SD card, and you should be using the 3DS card after installing the exploit (the "installer," as you referred to it), not the DS card.
    2. The "6-E" part of the firmware should not be used as a determining factor for firmware compatibility, it simply refers to your eShop version and region of the firmware respectively.
    3. You should not contact your reseller for troubleshooting specific products. Instead, go to the product manufacturer's (MT-Card's, in this case) website, get their support e-mail address and contact them directly.

4. Benfica2076
    OP

Benfica2076 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2014
    Cheers queno138, now you've made me shit myself I'll take a couple on pictures and post.

If that is the case (I hope not) will the mt card be redundant or can I upgrade the firmware to say 4.5.0-10e for example?

Shadowhunta likes this.
  5. Shadowhunta

Shadowhunta GBAtemp Regular

Aug 1, 2006
    Hants
    if your 3DS homepage has the Miiverse icon, thats a surefire sign it was partially updated and thus might not be able to run GW/MT cards.
    A factory reset *might* clear the cache and hopefully the partial update files too.

[​IMG]

Queno138 likes this.
  6. IronClouds

May 8, 2010
    United States
    To my knowledge, you cannot update your system's firmware to specific eShop versions (that's what the "-10E" part of your post is referring to) unless that's the exact update version that was included in a retail cart you can use. In other words, you have two options for updating:

1. Update to the latest available firmware (8.0 currently, which will kill your ability to run MT-Card completely), or
    2. Use 3ds.essh.co to find games based on firmware, find a physical cart of that game, and use its popup prompts to update your firmware with the wireless on your 3DS turned OFF

7. Benfica2076
    OP

Benfica2076 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2014
    Oh f*** I think it has miiverse, I'll check when I get home

8. Benfica2076
    OP

Benfica2076 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2014
    Yes it has miiverse!

9. Benfica2076
    OP

Benfica2076 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2014
    Looks like I've been duped big time, no wonder he's not answer my emails!

Any remedies for this situation?

10. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    Nope.

Nothing you can do to make any of the 3DS cards work. You are basically in the same situation as anyone else who has updated past 4.5.

11. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    I don't know where you bought it, but try getting your money back from the site, you clearly got tricked to buy a product under false pretense

Queno138 likes this.
  12. IronClouds

May 8, 2010
    United States
    I hate people. Sorry to hear you were duped, OP :(

Reecey likes this.
  13. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    I think the terrible part about this is I seem to be reading the same story with a few members these days on GBATemp that have been in this situation!. So sad to think there are people out there that are prepared to rip others off by claiming its genuinely on 4.5.0 just to get there money back because they have made the cock up themselves by updating accidentally! I feel for you :(

14. Shadowhunta

Shadowhunta GBAtemp Regular

Aug 1, 2006
    Hants
    OP have you tried doing a factory reset to see if it clears the cache and *maybe* gets rid of the partial update?

15. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    factory reset only deletes update cache, seeing as it was partially applied a factory reset will not resolve the situation

16. Benfica2076
    OP

Benfica2076 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2014
    Cheers guys, tried factory reset.. No cigar.

Fingers crossed the seller finally replied and agreed refund, not holding my breath to be honest.

Anyway to tell which 3ds's are genuine with 4.5?

17. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    not really, even the miiverse icon isn't a 100% guarentee, as the console can be partially updated to 5.x or 6.x which had no visual differences from the 4.x firmware, only true 100% way to know is to either get the console new, or have the seller show you it on the gateway/MT menu screen
    did you happen to pay via paypal, if so open a case against the seller, worth a shot

18. Benfica2076
    OP

Benfica2076 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2014
    No cash, meeting me tomorrow evening.

Who knows the human species sometimes do surprise me, he may prove me wrong.

I found 1 on fleebay, seller claims new 2000+ rating 100% even so how can I tell?

19. jastolze

jastolze GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2012
    United States
    If you bought your 3DS on Ebay, who was the seller? I just bought one from there, and am hoping it works as planned.

20. Benfica2076
    OP

Benfica2076 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2014
    Hi mate sorry for very late reply, I got it on eBay from 16amelie16 £150 3DS XL 4.40