Hacking MT-card Hardware Update 2.1

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this wouldnt work... as the first person that buys the launcher would just leak it for any other mt user to use

Not to give them any ideas, but it would be pretty easy to create a keycode unlock that would be tied to the 3DS machine ID. So the launcher would have to be unlocked and the unlock would be machine specific. Seeing that no one (MT or other) seems to be able to crack GW DRM it would seem pretty likely they could make this work.

I keep fearing this will be the future for GW fans as at some point GW is going to run out of sales opportunities but Nintendo will keep pushing out updates and new encryption keys. If GW has a sizeable enough install base then continuing to provide support may be profitable for them, otherwise they might just go away. Notice how they don't even talk about finding a kernel hack past 4.5. I just don't think it will happen until the EOL of the 3DS which is still a few years away.

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to give them any ideas, but it would be pretty easy to create a keycode unlock that would be tied to the 3DS machine ID. So the launcher would have to be unlocked and the unlock would be machine specific. Seeing that no one (MT or other) seems to be able to crack GW DRM it would seem pretty likely they could make this work.
users
I keep fearing this will be the future for GW fans as at some point GW is going to run out of sales opportunities but Nintendo will keep pushing out updates and new encryption keys. If GW has a sizeable enough install base then continuing to provide support may be profitable for them, otherwise they might just go away. Notice how they don't even talk about finding a kernel hack past 4.5. I just don't think it will happen until the EOL of the 3DS which is still a few years away.

you forgot one important thing gateway doesn't help clone cart owners also if gateway went with something like this...there are people in this very forum that would probably find a way around it also gateway wouldnt gain sales they would lose them as no one would buy their card after locking it out and making you pay for a firmware update id either stick with what firmware they are currently on for free or buy a clone cart in hope they find a way past said locked firmware

coopershels

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah balls, thanks for the reply. Looks like it's stuck on emunand 4.4 until MT come up with a solution. ( I wont hold my breath!!! )

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
does anyone know if you can update the firmware in classic mode with a retail cart with the mt-card exploit.
just follow the guide i shared that uses the gateway launcher....you will have to format emunand with the gateway launcher first as MT emunand is not compatible with the gateway software, but the gateway emunand is compatible with MT so if you just follow the guide a linked after formatting with the gateway software to update to 5.x-7.x then switch back to the MT launcher you will have 5.x-7.1 emunand usable with your MT card (just make sure you backup your SD contents as formatting emunand formats the SD card in the 3DS)

Just to clarify this won't magically allow you to run 9.x emunand or 7.x encrypted content like smash bros....its just to let you update emunand to 7.1 if your stuck on 4.x, not really got much point to it, but it allows the use of stuff like streetpass relay that aren't in 4.x

coopershels

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks gamesquest, i didn't realise that gateway emunand was compatible with MT. i'll give that a shot when i get a retail game high enough.

LayZGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mt refuses to give a quick update on status. And also fails to reply to emails. Sad to say it seems we have all been screwed by buying the "better" flash cart. It is also bull how people say we shouldn't bother them when Gateway atleast takes a minute to update its CUSTOMERS on the current status.

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol dude nobody is going to buy from that scam site. They aren't even on the US reseller list... This is the third thread you have posted the scam on...

actually they arent a scam website they sell legit cards and i have purchased a few carts from them in the past they may not be on the us seller list for GATEWAY but i assure you they sell legit gateway carts and sell plenty of other legit flash carts

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
to be honest a lot of resellers aren't on the official resellers list, a lot of people have bought from aliexpress and eachmall who arent official reseller list....official resellers doesnt mean everyone else is a scam site, i actually have a friend who purchased a gateway from dsgameworld and said they where pretty good........but as always do your research before buying from resellers and choose what you feel most comfortable with but unofficial resselers tend to be a bit cheaper, but you do need to check them out before buying though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse