MT-card Hardware Update 2.1

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Vengenceonu, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Vengenceonu
    OP

Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library
    Looks like MT-card Mt managed to salvage some other Gateway features while adding one of their own. This update includes Save file backup function (.sav), restore sav file from SD card, File conversion from (.sav) to (.zav) and vice versa and finally, 3DS game dump function.

For those of you wondering, theres no 7.x encryption included with this update. Makes you wonder though, what else is there for MT to copy from GW if they can't overcome this new encryption? Diagnostics?

Save Game Conversion/Backup Chart
    :arrow: Source

2. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ GBAtemp Fan

Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Haha, they stole the last features which they can. Gateway made a better security and now they cant copy anymore. Good choice Team Gateway!

3. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    What I feel sorry for the most is the people that have paid mega bucks for an MT-Card and now its practically useless, unless of course you want to play older 3DS roms. :(

4. Vengenceonu
    OP

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library
    Mt-card isn't useless, it still has access to hundreds of games and nice features. They just can't access any NEW game like Smash bros, pokemon ORAS, MH4U and anything else beyond this point. If you wanna call something useless, look no further then 3DSLink/r4iDeluxe. There is literally no benefit to buying them?

5. satel

satel Luigi's Big Brother

Nov 3, 2004
    East Timor
    i must say the gateway team is made from super talented people,even the copy cat guys can't properly copy their work,it's just too complicated for them.

6. Reecey

Mar 7, 2010
    Yeah those maybe OK for some but lets be honest about it and not beat around the bush, it would not do for me, if I had bought an MT-Card for say 60 to 70 dollars then I would be pretty pissed off rite now because it cant be used with the new encryption games or any future titles for that matter and also the emunand cant be updated either so yes it is useless, lets not try and defend it and be happy about the matter!

7. Vengenceonu
    OP

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library
    Your only thinking in terms of "The Now". Gateway and MT-card both came out a year ago promising to play a very limited number of roms when people initially bought them. Everything else (online, dumping, region free, firmware spoof, SDK 5+ encryption, game dumping, etc) is all extra no one even knew was possible which pays for itself 10 times over. Even if someone were to buy a new MT-card today, they would still have gotten their money's worth after downloading 3 games.

8. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Does MT_card even support homebrew?

9. Reecey

Mar 7, 2010
    Thats OK m8, if your happy with your MT-Card rite now then good on you, you carry on using it and be happy being stuck on 7.1x firmware but me, shit, if I had bought one I would be on the war path rite now because I would be feeling I have wasted my good hard earned cash on buying one and this is how I feel for all those poor bastards that have bought one and relied on MT-Card group to provide them with an excellent service that has let them down! Also you can't say anything about the other 3DS flashcards like link/R4 etc.. they cost next to nothing to buy, those that have bought one of them, well they should of expected that anyway, its was an obvious route they were going down at those sort of prices!

10. Vengenceonu
    OP

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library
    Psh no I have a Gateway, I'm just helping Mt-card buyers justify their purchase.

11. Reecey

Mar 7, 2010
    I was until you started slating me in your first comment!

12. VMM

VMM Hamon > Stand

GBAtemp Patron
    VMM is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 1, 2010
    Brazil

Pokémon? There is no one with access to this, it hasn't even been released yet, what did you expect?

13. Vengenceonu
    OP

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library
    exactly, Pokemon ORAS is pretty much guaranteed to use at least 7.x encryption which Mt-card cannot use. I was stating that As it is now, it wont work on MT.

14. masterzero

masterzero GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2007

Right now mt card doesn't have much more than clones and it has a increased price..... And ye , basically it has become the worst inversion of all. Clones were cheap , mt card was more expensive but showed great promise. How has that been responded? with a flashcard that it's going to die too. They might be more proactive that clone cards but them also copying from gateway means they have hit a very big wall right now. If just today , with this firmware, mt card has proven that gateway has managed to protect his code for real this time , this means both clone and mt cards serve like the same purpose... only with mt card being more expensive..

15. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Addict

Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    Kinda a worthless update when you can do this for free with Gateway's firmware. They don't even require you to have the Gateway card plugged in to use it.

I hope MT-Card can overcome the 7.x encryption, so that everyone else on 4.x that doesn't want to support piracy can have Emunand and Region-Free. Blocking the use of Classic mode without having a Gateway card plugged in is just repulsive.

16. Pox

Pox GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2014
    This is just another "we are too stupid to pass encryption" update from MT guyz. Just robbing Gateway basically.

17. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    hardly "repulsive" tbh gateway have no obligation to provide feature to non customers.....and really it was probably just to prevent clone users from just buying ssb retail to overcome the lack of 8.x support by their clones

Lordjontan likes this.
  18. MYFW

MYFW Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2014
    Good new features, but we need the 8.x.x keys and (9.x.x now) we want play smash :(

19. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    i feel people ought to be aware, there isnt new keys with every FW version.....its 7.x keys, they where introduced in 7.x and have remained the same till date, theres no new 8.x or 9.x keys

Vengenceonu likes this.
  20. MYFW

MYFW Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2014

Yes, i know. I mean 9.x.x.x emunand boot (or 8.x.x.x boot on MT) and 7.x.x keys.

Greetings