FancyRabbitt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I am trying to utilize the home streetpass replay option on my 3DS. I believe I have set things up properly, but I am unable to get any streetpasses. I believe this is because I need a emunand of 6.3+ to be able to get these type of streetpasses.

I use a gateway 3DS with this particular system so my firmware is currently 4.4.0-10U.
Is updating my emunand to 6.3 still an option at this point? Or do I need to wait for the latest firmware to be compatible in the next gateway 3ds update.

I will appreciate any feedback that can be given for this issue.
Thank you

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sadly, you will have to wait until the Gateway team releases the update to make the Gateway EmuNAND compatible with the latest firmware. There is no way to update EmuNAND to 6.3 - 8.0

Reactions: FancyRabbitt

FancyRabbitt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, you will have to wait until the Gateway team releases the update to make the Gateway EmuNAND compatible with the latest firmware. There is no way to update EmuNAND to 6.3 - 8.0

Okay thank you for clarifying that for me, I was slightly unsure, most the information I was finding was from last year so I wanted to confirm before I tried anything.
I appreciate the help!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well you can update emunand with a retail cart.....this really isn't really recommended and one person already goofed up and updated their system nand by not following the instructions exactly....but for what its worth here is the link
http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...ide-to-using-a-retail-cart-to-upgrade-emunand

i have tested it myself and it does indeed work, but look for my post on the page the clarifies the update instructions as its different than when updating via system settings, you need to make visual changes to the home screen rather than entering system settings as that will boot you out of emunand when you exit

i suggest you just wait for gateway to release their update though

FancyRabbitt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well you can update emunand with a retail cart.....this really isn't really recommended and one person already goofed up and updated their system nand by not following the instructions exactly....but for what its worth here is the link
http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...ide-to-using-a-retail-cart-to-upgrade-emunand

i have tested it myself and it does indeed work, but look for my post on the page the clarifies the update instructions as its different than when updating via system settings, you need to make visual changes to the home screen rather than entering system settings as that will boot you out of emunand when you exit

i suggest you just wait for gateway to release their update though

This is great! Thank you for sharing. Can you provide a little more information on this portion "ensure you have emunand set up via the gateway menu
now you will need to boot into emunand and move stuff around or do the folder trick where you spell out "emunand" and "sysnand"

just make sure you can 100% differentiate between emunand and sysnand from the home screen without entering system settings""

I am unsure of how to test to see if I am in emunand without going into system settings. Also, is this something that can be done at gateway firmware 2.2?

Thank you for any insight you have!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
This is great! Thank you for sharing. Can you provide a little more information on this portion "ensure you have emunand set up via the gateway menu
now you will need to boot into emunand and move stuff around or do the folder trick where you spell out "emunand" and "sysnand"

just make sure you can 100% differentiate between emunand and sysnand from the home screen without entering system settings"

I am unsure of how to test to see if I am in emunand without going into system settings. Also, is this something that can be done at gateway firmware 2.2?

Thank you for any insight you have!
would help if the text wasnt white :D
but yeah basically when you first boot up the console for exampl make a few folders and lable them "S" "Y" "S".....this is now system nand so you can see from the folders....then boot into emunand and make folders but this time label them "E" "M" "U"

power the 3ds off completely and ensue it boots up and says "SYS" and after entering classic mode emunand it has changed to "EMU"....now you know you are defiantly in emunand.....just insert your retail cart and update when you go to run it.......as i said i tested this method out and it worked absolutely fine, but don't blame me if anything goes wrong XD

also afaik this will only work on 2.0b1

FancyRabbitt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would help if the text wasnt white :D
but yeah basically when you first boot up the console for exampl make a few folders and lable them "S" "Y" "S".....this is now system nand so you can see from the folders....then boot into emunand and make folders but this time label them "E" "M" "U"

power the 3ds off completely and ensue it boots up and says "SYS" and after entering classic mode emunand it has changed to "EMU"....now you know you are defiantly in emunand.....just insert your retail cart and update when you go to run it.......as i said i tested this method out and it worked absolutely fine, but don't blame me if anything goes wrong XD

also afaik this will only work on 2.0b1

Yeah sorry about the text. I appreciate the help with this, I might give it a try this weekend and hope for the best haha.
However, if it only works on gateway firmware 2.0b1 then am I already screwed if mine is updated to 2.2?

FancyRabbitt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
....you can still use classic mode in 2.0b1 to run retail carts, even if you updated to 2.1/2.2....you just cant run roms, it still works fine for updating via retail cart

Haha okay! Thank you. I really just want to be sure of things before I try it out. I understand failure is a possibility but I would like to minimize it if I can ha!
Thanks again!

Reactions: gamesquest1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill