msxDS v0.90

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
msxDS.png

Popolon has updated msxDS, the MSX/MSX2/MSX2+ emulator for the DS, to version 0.90. This update was complied with the latest libnds, so it is compatible with Sudokuhax, and Cyclo iEvo's DSi mode. See the change log for what's new, and check out the project page for more information.

QUOTE(Change Log 06/12/11) said:
  • Display engine optimization. (Thanks to Pixador for the suggestion for sprites)
  • Improved MSX1 VDP registers emulation.
  • Some optimizations in sound and Z80 emulation.
  • Added R register emulation of Z80.
  • Update libnds (v1.5.0). Now MsxDS supports the DSI mode of CycloDS iEvo.
  • New ITCM memory management to put the most useful routines according to selected MSX mode.
  • Fixed colors values of screen 8 mode.
  • Fixed bug of color 0.
  • Added Key mapping to L,R for Angma Jidae - Devil zone (Uttum Soft). (ROM versions)
  • Fixed bug in error messages.
  • Updated Carts.crc file.
  • Fixed a SCC detection problem for games in ROM.

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Project Page
icon11.gif
Source

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Sir_Voe said:
Nice update! It's compatible with sudokuhax too, if anyone was curious.

QUOTEThis update was complied with the latest libnds, so it is compatible with Sudokuhax, and Cyclo iEvo's DSi mode.

Right from the top of the first post.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nathan Drake said:
Sir_Voe said:
Nice update! It's compatible with sudokuhax too, if anyone was curious.

QUOTEThis update was complied with the latest libnds, so it is compatible with Sudokuhax, and Cyclo iEvo's DSi mode.

Right from the top of the first post.

Sweet ! Does it mean that it finally got that much needed little boost in speed now ?
I'm one of the lucky Sudokuhaxed DSiXL owners, and the MSX is one of favorite childhood computers , this thing is going straight to my SD card !

On a related note, I heard that even with the latest libnds, access to the SD card is limited to read only.
Can anybody confirm this, or is it there a place where such things are discussed ?

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm73 said:
Sweet ! Does it mean that it finally got that much needed little boost in speed now ?
I'm one of the lucky Sudokuhaxed DSiXL owners, and the MSX is one of favorite childhood computers , this thing is going straight to my SD card !

On a related note, I heard that even with the latest libnds, access to the SD card is limited to read only.
Can anybody confirm this, or is it there a place where such things are discussed ?

Yes, there is a noticable speed increase in games that run slowly outside of DSi mode. I mainly use this for the 2 Metal Gear games, and I especially notice a jump in speed in MG 1.
As for your second question, yes, SD access is still read only.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Excellent! The first emulator I got to run in DSi mode ! And it works !
I must say, most of the games I tried run as good as I remember them, the interface is nice and simple and allows you to do all the common things very easily, and the scaling options were adequate for the different types of games.
But the speed man ! That is definitely a step forward.
Im still having some problems running it in MSX2+ mode ( I must have the wrong bios or something ) and the sound is very, very low
frown.gif

Also an option to assign keyboard keys to any DS buttons would be nice ( some games use special keys for menus or special actions ).
And for the first time I played MSX2 Arkanoid II with an emulated paddle ! I didn't know that rom I had for ages had that option !
All in all, a fantastic release, Nemesis 2 and 3 here I come !
Cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1