Hacking MPT on USBLoader - Multiple .dol's from one game... Possible?

Kaaji1359

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. So I'm about to get the ISO for Metroid Prime Trilogy but from what I've been reading you have to use the alt-dol method for EACH of the 3 games (is this true?). If so, I'm basically wondering if there's a way to make it so that whenever I click on MPT in USB Loader GX, the USB Loader will give me three choices - one for each Metroid Prime .dol on the SD card.

Is this possible, or will it be in the near future? Because changing the name of the .dol each time on the SD card would be such a pain in the ass...

Thanks

Kaaji1359

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
illinialex24 said:
It would be possible, you'd fix the game ID I think, but it'd take up a lot of space. And I think you'd need a 4th one for the multiplayer, not sure though.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not too worried about space (have a 16GB card) and I forgot about the 4th...

But what'ya mean "fix the game ID"?? You mean set all 4 .dol's as the 6-digit game ID? How would I distinguish one from the other when it asks what I need to choose?

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
In a WBFS manager if you name it something else you can often have it run on a random Game ID I think, so you can have an unhacked and hacked Brawl. I think. It would take a lot of space and 16 gigs is not much for this lol.

ViciousXUSMC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kaaji1359 said:
Oh, so you mean I'd have to have 4 different versions of the game...? Damn lol

Is there any other way??

Well if you cant choose the .dol file and the name has to match, until there is a proper fix you have to simply think of the simplest work around.

What comes to mind for me.

multiple sd cards and swap them out as needed, or better yet make 4 small fat partitions on your hdd, if I am not mistaken configurable usb loader lets you choose the location of the .dol file, so if you have multiple partitions you can choose the partition with the .dol you need.

But in reality it probably wont be as big a deal as its made out to be unless you plan to play all 3 parts at the same time. I imagine most people would play the first one through, then the 2nd, then the 3rd, so you only need to rename the file a few times and not change it often.

alexcalibur

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about GX, but I know that at least neogamma and configurable let you pick the alt .dol from the disc. You don't even need it on your sd card. You just turn on alt dol from disc loading and when you boot the game it will ask you which dol you want to load.

Maybe this isn't exactly what you want, but the disc has always seemed more convenient to me than the SD card alt dol loading. (But, truth be told, I've never tried it on metroid prime. I just know that it works on other games. Still you might want to give it a shot if this is what you're looking for.)

EDIT: It doesn't need the disc. The ISO that the Usbloader uses will work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==