Homebrew mplayerCE

wiikey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all does anybody know about ripping dvds with mplayerCE? Wiibrew says its posssible via a loader that supports arguments passing! is this something Wiiflow or another loader could do? id love to be able to rip dvds direct much like we do with wii games

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I don't know which other loaders support arguments but WiiFlow has a setting in the INI for the plugin to tell it what arguments to use to load something with the plugin (like mplayerce) so you could always change that line to be the arguments to rip the disk and then just run one of the videos you have through WiiFlow once and it should rip the disk instead of running the selected video. You can then change that setting back when you're done.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason USB loaders support the ability to rip Wii backups is because typical DVD drives lack the capacity to rip retail Wii discs. However, with the right software, you shouldn't have a problem ripping DVD movies using your computer. DVD playback alone isn't very stable on the Wii, let alone DVD ripping. While it lacks the ability for DVD ripping, I recommend you use WiiMC on your Wii for DVD and video file playback.

On a slightly related note, I recommend ripping DVDs using your computer so that you're able to convert them to something like Xvid; otherwise, your DVD rips will take up an obscene amount of room on your hard drive.

wiikey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@ Maxternal ill give that a try thanks

@ Lacius i dont have a problem using my computer for Dvd ripping i just thought it would be good to put Dvd in Wii and do a direct rip. I also prefer Wiimc hoping fix94 implaments it into plugins in wiiflow .
Thanks again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.