djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
oh dear nicksata, tell me what the hell is the point in that, 700mb cd, that's just about 1 film, most are 699mb ++ guess its buy a pack of DVD-r and burn them again
tongue.gif

sunnytimes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i just tried the SMB and it works pretty good. tv shows play great (350meg and 175meg) , i can skip ahead , back , pause , all works good. movies play fine except for when you try to skip ahead in some movies they go all crazy, however some movies work just fine even if you skip ahead. good work! thank you!

djdynamite123 the reason i was wondering about the save data part was so it would be possible to have a channel with no SD card and use SMB, which currently isn't possible.

great to see this project alive again , i hope it continues.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
i just tried the SMB and it works pretty good. tv shows play great (350meg and 175meg) , i can skip ahead , back , pause , all works good. movies play fine except for when you try to skip ahead in some movies they go all crazy, however some movies work just fine even if you skip ahead. good work! thank you!

djdynamite123 the reason i was wondering about the save data part was so it would be possible to have a channel with no SD card and use SMB, which currently isn't possible.

hey i understand, just that would be a "cock" and a fafff on as you would have to recompile if you changed something of your smb or streaming files etc, get what i mean?

anyway exactly what you have said, iv'e noticed, certain xvids work perfect, and some....don't, some let you forward etc, some don't they will just cause it to go all clippy and laggy, i say SMB is best for small video files or streaming all your music albums mixes etc.
smile.gif

sunnytimes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ya i guess unless theirs a way to edit the config in the app than it would be hard to have the save file.. i wonder would it be possible to make a fake save game (like TP hack) that had say a renamed config file in it ? .. so you would copy it to the wii using the save game manager ..

maybe if other devs / apps needed the same thing they could all use the same save with more / different files .. a homebrew save ..

just throwing out ideas.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
ya i guess unless theirs a way to edit the config in the app than it would be hard to have the save file.. i wonder would it be possible to make a fake save game (like TP hack) that had say a renamed config file in it ? .. so you would copy it to the wii using the save game manager ..

maybe if other devs / apps needed the same thing they could all use the same save with more / different files .. a homebrew save ..

just throwing out ideas.
can see where your coming from, but it will make things "Complicated"

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
sunnytimes said:

Great post sunnytimes. Orb plays file sizes you mention the same, not with anytihng 700mb in size however.
Your idea of a channel is a VERY, VERY VERY good one and suits a LOT of people.

This COULD be implemented but would require the person to set it all up using the SD, and then click on an option to save. This would send the info to a save slot, and you could remove the SD card. However, I'm not sure that will be on the top of the priorites list until you repeat the need for this over and over.

This project seems to have some hugely talented coders behind it that have made imporvements quickly, so with good feedback from people like yourself new things maybe implemented. Not sure rodries would be the guy to make the channel but I'm sure plenty will read the forums here.

For the files you had problems with, if they were avi could you run them through a codec info tool like Gspot codec info and see if theres a common thing that either makes for good playback, or makes it choppy. It could be a codec or bitrate etc problem.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
For the files you had problems with, if they were avi could you run them through a codec info tool like Gspot codec info and see if theres a common thing that either makes for good playback, or makes it choppy. It could be a codec or bitrate etc problem.
yeah, that;s deffinately the "BIG ISSUE"

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
yeah, that;s deffinately the "BIG ISSUE"

imo the BIG ISSUE is the 10% potential of the wifi. 3-400k is slower than what the hardware *should be able to do.
I'm only encouraging people to post and add info, the skipping can be related to the codecs or container, and the loading times will vary according to bit rate of the file playing.

Sorry to post this un-needed post.

If you want to "chat" djdynamite123, I suggest using irc and not the forums.

I'll have it setup tomorrow on my wii (just got mine back tonight), and will be sure to report faults, bugs or suggestions here once I've tested these newer builds out too.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
imo the BIG ISSUE is the 10% potential of the wifi. 3-400k is slower than what the hardware *should be able to do.
I'm only encouraging people to post and add info, the skipping can be related to the codecs or container, and the loading times will vary according to bit rate of the file playing.
that is the issue with the films, as it works fine for some and not for some...but yeah that doesn't help which is a shame, such a dam hardware BIG ISSUE

deshwasi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont see any SMB when i load MPlayer. any hints on where to find it. i have the mplayer.conf in the root SD with one line of the "stream=smb://" .

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
i dont see any SMB when i load MPlayer. any hints on where to find it. i have the mplayer.conf in the root SD with one line of the "stream=smb://" .

you need to have it like this in the mplayer config file (open with notepad)

# The format is:
# smb://[user]:[password]@[ip address]/[folder]/[file]

i have mine set up like this, as i dont have a user password, so heres mine well similar
tongue.gif

stream = smb://DJ [email protected]/films/

# End of file

you need to make a folder in root C drive called films and make it network shared
then it will work....
Helpfull???

Please someone help me test geexbox samba, how do i line it in netstream in geexbox...help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Hey boi, keep your nuts out of chat. Unless you want them to get roasted. :ninja: