Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Thanks will try now post back in 5 mins

To test SMB you have to add to mplayer.conf a line like this:

Examples

(make a folder films in root C drive and make it shared...
stream = smb://192.168.1.2/films/
stream = smb://user:Password(if you have one)@ip_address(router assigned)/films/

then when you click on the SMB (in mplayer app) it will state network initialising, then it will show up wii IP address, it may return you so re-click your SMB address and you will be in root of your shared folder and play
tongue.gif

If your streaming movies say 700mb file, Don't forward, as you will make it go out of sync and clippy, to make it go back to normal, pause with A, and re click A to play
smile.gif

Music no wories, perfect, but streaming your big divx can be buggy, depending on many things, the file, your wired/wireless connection etc/speed. (Nintendo's shitty drivers for their wireless/lan)

still it's pretty good, can anyone help me i want to test geexbox SMB out?
i placed it in GEEXBOX etc/netstream, anyone tested SMB with geexbox, might be better, i want to compare...?

thetonman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.freegamesforwii.info
XP
Country
Right ok the channel installed fine the problem i have on this is that when I put in an origanal DVD i selt the vob file and the disk starts to play but there is distortion at the top and bottom of the screen. Could this be a region error? will try more discs shortly. Secondly when I put in a burnt disc with avi files on it it comes up with a -2 sector read error. Is this because the avi files are on the root of the disk and I have to make folders for them?

Any help with this will be appreciated. I am going to try a few more originals now.

Thanks

thetonman

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
hmm, what discs you using, not dvd+rw are you, im sure it has issues with them, but you shouldn't have problems playing divx from dvd, just they cannot be HD resolution etc, otherwise it will crash or error.

Can't play videos greater than 720x480. The media player give error codes when you try to play them (DSI exception, Code Dumps).
Test...

thetonman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.freegamesforwii.info
XP
Country
@dj I have tested original discs not really working that well. I have also tested films in .avi format on +r discs doesn't work at all not go tone to work yet I am about to test -r discs with .avi format and will report again. Where can i use the smb stream there is not an option for this when I launch the mplayer channel?

thetonman

thetonman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.freegamesforwii.info
XP
Country
@zerof i did read the thread and i know what i am doing just looking for some answers. sorry if that is not what you want to hear but hey.

Anyway most of my dvd - r .avi files are working fine but still can;t get an original to work again cant find anything on smb will try and find out some more.

Thanks

Thetonman

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding SMB:

If you've added it to your config file, the smb url, it will display in the main menu.

There are no options, this is a simple smb browser.

sunnytimes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
thanx rodries for adding SMB so quick .. i'll test it out later today.

anyway to have the settings / stream locations / smb shares, save into save game space instead of having mplayer.conf on an SD card ? .. just wondering :]

harryk thanx for the channel , can you make the next version ? .. i will try it out later on NTSC but why not just make the channel region free ?

rodries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've updated google code svn
http://code.google.com/p/mplayerwii

r19
- Improved samba speed
- Increased network Mplayer cache (8M)

mplayer compiled
http://www.mediafire.com/?ttqdcmw2qiy

Note:
the wii wifi is very very bad
lost a lot of packets, and in each packet you have to wait 500ms to recover from lost packet, so wifi is not good for watching films

Max speed using wifi: 430kb/s
but sometimes if i repeat the test go 300kb/s, is very unstable

Not tested usb-ethernet, i haven't

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rodries said:
I've updated google code svn
http://code.google.com/p/mplayerwii

r19
- Improved samba speed
- Increased network Mplayer cache (8M)

mplayer compiled
http://www.mediafire.com/?ttqdcmw2qiy

Note:
the wii wifi is very very bad
lost a lot of packets, and in each packet you have to wait 500ms to recover from lost packet, so wifi is not good for watching films

Max speed using wifi: 430kb/s
but sometimes if i repeat the test go 300kb/s, is very unstable

Not tested usb-ethernet, i haven't

So is this about the best we can do without a nintendo update?

rodries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zerof said:
So is this about the best we can do without a nintendo update?
At least this about the best I can do

With the actual libraries I think you can't improve speed

I've tried to reduce timeout on lost packet to 100ms, but was impossible, probably is ios fixed, perhaps a guru can patch ios to reduce timeout but not me sure

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
rodies, just checked its slightly better not noticeable though, id say slightly faster, i tested 3 divx, for some reason it streams certain divx's alot better than others
but totally unstable watching big xvids, your best off just streaming small xvids or music only, just stick with data dvd or SD,USB for now...

rodries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
rodies, just checked its slightly better not noticeable though, id say slightly faster, i tested 3 divx, for some reason it streams certain divx's alot better than others
probably the problem is in the conecction.
If you go to hbc and execute mplayer again probably you'll get others results with same film, perhaps better or worse

wlan is shit

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
why doesnt it read normal cd's ? and it crashes if you want to play a dvd it gives a code dump if you start the vob

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
nicksasa said:
why doesnt it read normal cd's ? and it crashes if you want to play a dvd it gives a code dump if you start the vob

The Wii can't play CD's (harware issue), I assume that's a typo and you meant DVDs?
If so could you give details, was it burnt UDF (not supported yet) or ISO9660 (added in newer builds).
Was it DVD-r, DVD+r, DVDRW etc.

More details means better results.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...