Homebrew MPlayer Christmas Edition + MP3+G Player 0.92(Karaoke)

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Link_of_Hyrule updated and renamed the app to " MPlayer UE (unofficial scip's edition)", which stand for Ultimate Edition!
ReadMe said:
I didn't really do too much on this all I did was replace the background with the old one because I felt that haveing a christmas themed MPlayer year round was a bit odd also I tweaked the settings so it runs DVDs better. I also renamed it and replaced the icon image.

If you want to use the SMB feature create a txt file and rename it smb.conf and copy and past the following editing it for your needs.

ip=192.168.1.102
share=d
user=Guest
pass=xyz
port=445

Other wise don't make one else it will make the application load slower. In the mplayer.conf I commented the cache stuff out because DVD disks were not playing correctly with it enabled feel free to uncomment it and experiment with the settings. Also I've found that you can switch between dvds by using the stop menu option and swapping it out and then going back to the dvd menu and starting it again from there. I still have yet to figure out the SMB feature but I'm sure some of you more knowledged with that can figure it out.

The original Christmas Version can be found here: http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_mplay...dition_1157252

If you want the source code you'll have to request it on the original site it came from because I don't have it as I only tweaked what was in the original download. Anyways I hope you guys like what I did have fun watching ur DVDs on ur Wii!

Link_of_Hyrule-
Did anyone try to use a HD on this MediaPlayer and can confirm that it works if formated in FAT? Would be great if someone could help me, because I don`t want to formate my 1TB HD if it doesn`t work
wink.gif

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
NEW MplayerWii released just checked it out on the Tekskeen (am I allowed to give links?)
you complete idiot, it's not "new" it's a altered version which anyone can do within the normal Xmas version, just config files have been altered...slightly! been on wiibrew since yesterday, i could have posted one a good few days ago!!!

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Just using MplayerWii Chistmas Edition, who else is experience looping problems when loading up the player?
you experience nothing but problems!

First of all what do you mean looping? the loop.avi or looping videos?
make sure your folder in apps is named correctly! that's all i can say, cant get SMB working, test and figure it out yourself, i cant help others im afraid, i only know for XP and vista...

vinman_sv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't seem to get USB working but thanks DJ got the smb working great.... found the problem in my Local area connection setting... goto network connections window and hit advanced... then open advanced setting.... with local area connection highlighted I just had to check afew of the setting in the " bindings for local area connections " section under file and printer sharing section....only left the TCP/ip protocol checked... works awsome...... hopefully this might help somebody....peace
I found that setting a common "shared documents" folder on c drive I have access to as many videos as I want but the file name I had to use to get the share to work was "SharedDocs" as this is how it was read when I checked to make it a shared folder on my network.. shows on my computer as "Shared Documents"..xp shortened it for shared folder and took out the space...

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Can't seem to get USB working but thanks DJ got the smb working great.... found the problem in my Local area connection setting... goto network connections window and hit advanced... then open advanced setting.... with local area connection highlighted I just had to check afew of the setting in the " bindings for local area connections " section under file and printer sharing section....only left the TCP/ip protocol checked... works awsome...... hopefully this might help somebody....peace
I found that setting a common "shared documents" folder on c drive I have access to as many videos as I want but the file name I had to use to get the share to work was "SharedDocs" as this is how it was read when I checked to make it a shared folder on my network.. shows on my computer as "Shared Documents"..xp shortened it for shared folder and took out the space...
cheers mate, glad you got SMB working, what wrong with USB? iv'e not tested USB, im a SMB only person, i use my USB hdd for different sues not the wii, also if you hit snags locating your USB drive, use Geexbox alpha 3 or mplayerwii
smile.gif
id go for geexbox...or keep trying this as it has geexbox implemented in a way.....

vinman_sv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey DJ. ya it's odd...no usb when I try..using a 16g flash....then I open geexbox....it works there....quit from geexbox (the wii shuts off) I restart and just try mplayer and there we have it....it worked....shut off wii again and tried to do it again...nothing....but every time I start using geexbox then shut down and start mplayer it reads it.....weird eh.. any thoughts? It would be cool if they could implement the geexbox viewing ratio option into mplayer. Your right, now that SMB is working and it's kick ass (no problems at all)...No real need for usb...thanks again

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Hey DJ. ya it's odd...no usb when I try..using a 16g flash....then I open geexbox....it works there....quit from geexbox (the wii shuts off) I restart and just try mplayer and there we have it....it worked....shut off wii again and tried to do it again...nothing....but every time I start using geexbox then shut down and start mplayer it reads it.....weird eh.. any thoughts? It would be cool if they could implement the geexbox viewing ratio option into mplayer. Your right, now that SMB is working and it's kick ass (no problems at all)...No real need for usb...thanks again
you are totally correct their, thankyou aswell!
yeah we need aspect ratio and more in menu video options etc
stop dvd from spinning on bootup,
and a few other tweeks, we'l do once we have source
tongue.gif

have fun! SMB is 110% with me
tongue.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
One of the best Players for now...I always had issues with MPlayerWii or GeeXbox...GeeXbox even won't boot with Alpha 3 and Alpha 4...this one here boots fast, safe and looks like the original from Twiizers. Perfect!!!

Now, some questions:

1)What about 16:9...I have black bars at the left and the right side...looks ugly..
frown.gif

2)How do I add Radio-Stations?
3)DVDs (real) will also work with this?

I have the bad feeling that you can do both only with the source...hope it isn't true...

Many Thanks in Advnace
biggrin.gif
!!!

@the Author: Keep ot going! Fix some small bugs and add the Discslot-Light (like DMP) and you've won
biggrin.gif

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
1)What about 16:9...I have black at the left and the right side...
2)How do I add Radio-Stations?
3)DVDs (real) will also work with this?

I have the bad feeling that you can do both only with the source...
yeah real original DVD Videos work, DATA DVD'S work, also NO ASPECT RATIO, iv'e tried so many inputs in the mplayer config file and to no avail.....Yeah i have a couple of old films that aren't widescreen or whatever, and have the black bars, only mplayerwii can handle them with aspect ratio
smile.gif

How to add radio stations, EASILY.....
OPEN UP MENU CONFIG FILE

add the same as that, make sure they have .pls i tried others and didn't work....?

Also yeah can't wait till he cleans his source and upps it, iv'e had a few messages off the author and he's realy busy, and doesn't have time for it, but he will clean source up and release it*
smile.gif

4 bugs i need to fix/add
1) DVD keeps spinning if in drive....DISABLE START UP MOUNT
2) Aspect ratio more in menu video options
3) More stream paths, like to other IP's
4) Auto Chain Detection, instead of return or restart...

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
QUOTE said:

True, true...+

-16:9 support (IMPORTANT)
-DiscLight (I love that thing
tongue.gif
)

and we've settled, I think
biggrin.gif

Oh, and forgot to mention: USB-Works fawlessly for me. Well at least it worked one time...After that, my USB-Stick won't mount in any App (not in DMP, GeeXbox, USB-Tester...nowhere! strange..it worked before...). Anyways, USB works. Oh, and can't wait for the source too!!!

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

True, true...+

-16:9 support (IMPORTANT)
-DiscLight (I love that thing )

and we've settled, I think .
yup, yeah I'm sure the light blinks when it mounts DVD, does it not?
like i said, just a waiting time to be patient to make this player the ULTIMATE player for the wii......
smile.gif

QUOTE-16:9 support (IMPORTANT)
Like i said, i would add in menu video options for aspect ratio, so it can stretch them itself on the fly or manually as a setting
smile.gif

5) Wii Light to flash on each mount....to flash on each selected mp3 or xvid or dvd etc
smile.gif

Then i think we have the best of the best we can get on the wii...my most favourite wii app player, along with GeckoOS

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I've had an Idea, when the WiiZii was announced...and I'm currently playing with the Idea to learn coding and code THIS here:

CoverFlow for Flash, open-source...For me is CoverFlow one of the nicest Browsing Methods ever!!! It would be nice to browse with this through Isos and Files. Basicly I had this idea for WiiZii, but this would also work for Media-Players...now if I could code...
frown.gif

Whoops..just realised...Mabe we should make a suggestion-Thread or something like that
tongue.gif
..this is going off-Topic..sorry, excuse me..
frown.gif

OSW

Wii King
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
NEW MplayerWii released just checked it out on the Tekskeen (am I allowed to give links?)
you complete idiot, it's not "new" it's a altered version which anyone can do within the normal Xmas version, just config files have been altered...slightly! been on wiibrew since yesterday, i could have posted one a good few days ago!!!
This annoys me a bit. "Ultimate Edition" my arse. It doesn't really deserve a mention on wibrew, it should have been left at tehskeen, where it came from.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
QUOTE(djdynamite123 @ Jan 14 2009, 04:44 AM)
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:

This annoys me a bit. "Ultimate Edition" my arse. It doesn't really deserve a mention on wibrew, it should have been left at tehskeen, where it came from.
OSW, im totally with you, you can tell by my reply to that person mentioning it, i saw it on tehkky, i told brakken to remove it from his news, as it was "altered" easily i already had done i myself, you don't see me claiming a different version with that name, i might do the same calling it power player lol....
ridiculous......glad I'm not the only one that thought that OSW, like i said all can be altered within the config files....
smile.gif

It had annoyed me aswell, that's why i hit brakken up in msn, and a reply in the thread.

OSW

Wii King
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I made a post somewhere too, can't remember if it was here or Tehskeen, but anyways i wasn't bothered to take it any further. I don't mean to take a dig at brakken, but he sometime's doesnt pick up on these things lol.

Anyways, DJ have you tried the MP3+G Player? or you not into kareoke, just DJ-ing?
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y