Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Screemer said:
Skoopman said:
UranusKiller said:
you have answered you're own questions there, it will never play HD http://code.google.com/p/mplayer-ce/wiki/h264

I already know that, but I'm not talking about HD-Videos. I'm talking about a problem with the MKV container. As I already said, H264 is working perfectly with the MPEG-4 container, but not with MKV. So the problem should be the MKV container not the h264 codec. H264 Videos with MKV container cannot be played with a resolution higher than 640x??? pixel, MP4 works fine even in 720x??? pixel. So my guess is that the problem is the container, but I would like to hear it from a programmer.
that's a very interesting situation.

Ok I was testing today, again. So I was a little wrong with the MP4-File because the resolution is only 688 x 288. Anyway it plays smoothly, H264-Videos with MKV container do not. Frameskipping starts if the resolution is higher than 640 pixel. The movie I tested was 12 Rounds 2009 R5 LINE-SecretMyth (Kingdom-Release), get the sample and try it out for yourself, I won't provide any links of course. The second file I tested was Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen 2009 BRRip XviD AC3-SANTi. Resolution is 720x304, DivX codec and Avi container. Plays like a charm and looks sweet, no problem with AC3 decoding. As you see, the Wii can play movies with resolutions up to 720 pixel smoothly. After that I tried some 480p trailers from Apple in MOV-format. Resolution 848 x 352, H264 codec, Quicktime container. It played, but skipped some frames. The "large" trailers with 640 pixel resolution played of course smoothly. I would love to see if the Wii could handle this resolution with a DivX codec, I believe it can, but I don't have any DivX material with that resolution.
Just a question, is the output on my Wii really 720 pixel or is it downscaled to 640 pixel? Because I can't find any settings to force the Wii to up or downscale a video, I guess It's not even possible.
I don't understand why in the wiki http://code.google.com/p/mplayer-ce/wiki/h264 the h264 codec is stated as HD. It's just a codec and yes it is mainly used for HD-movies. But it is only used because it can hold more information within less space, the best examples are low quality rips with h264 codec and mkv/mp4 container. Anime are about 50-80 Megabyte small!
In the end I guess that the most important part is the encode itself, if it wasn't done correctly you will have problems later.

BTW: The testing was done via SMB, not SD-card.

http://img63.imageshack.us/i/dsc00271d.jpg/

concave35

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rodries said:
juggle said:
Sorry I wasn't able to make it to IRC last night like I had hoped. Todays even busier. But my weekend is looking pretty free so I should be able to stop in sometime over the weekend.

I'll try enabling the debugging as noted above next time I get a chance to mess with the wii.

I'm not sure if it's really network related though since a good portion of the time I can't even get to the network menus since it freezes before I get there once I edit smb.conf.
Finnally I've found the problem
It's related to threads in libogc, it will be fixed in the next mplayerce version
If you go to irc then you can test the beta to check if the problem is fixed.

I had pretty much the same problem as juggle -- fresh install of 0.75 works fine, as soon as I change smb.conf it locks up in the file menu.

I went to irc to grab the beta posted there (0.76) and now it all works. Thanks!

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
something has gone weird with mplayer ce, not sure if its related to updating to .75 but im sure its only happened in the last few days.

basically when im watching a programme in mplayer ce, it USED to do the following, press A and it paused, press b and it would bring up the file list and then i could navigate to options and stuff.

Now once ive started playing a file, the only thing that happens with the wii mote is i can fast forward and rewind, the b button does nothing and some of the other buttons talk about some delay number or something, so the only way i can then change the file im watching is to reset the wii. Even he home button doesnt do anything.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i got a really strange problem. yesterday i watched 2 movies in a row and today i watched a movie splited into 2 files. the first played fine file played fine, but at about 3/4 of the second file mplayer froze. i still could sync the wiimote, but i had to shut down the wii by pressing the powerbutton for a couple of seconds because there was no reaction on reset or any wiimote input.

maybe somebody else experienced this behavior of mplayer.

meslas

Trophies
XP
Country
If you are having problems with SMB shares in Win7 give the new mplayer ce beta .76 a try.

irc://irc.efnet.net/mplayer_ce

Thanks to the DJ by the way

GrizzlyBC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Freezes during the playing of some avi files. Have to shut down the wii and fast forward to the point it froze at. Using 0.75.

blahdc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How long does it typically take to play the movie over SMB for you guys?

I'm having to wait around 5 minutes before my movie finishes buffering. Is this typical? I'm currently using .76

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blahdc said:

I'm having to wait around 5 minutes before my movie finishes buffering. Is this typical? I'm currently using .76
.76 Beta has alot of loading issues. Anything from just starting the application, browsing or getting on SMB. Usually a restart of the app fixes these things.

However, you should make sure you installed cIOS202 merged with IOS60.

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
madeirabhoy said:
something has gone weird with mplayer ce, not sure if its related to updating to .75 but im sure its only happened in the last few days.

basically when im watching a programme in mplayer ce, it USED to do the following, press A and it paused, press b and it would bring up the file list and then i could navigate to options and stuff.

Now once ive started playing a file, the only thing that happens with the wii mote is i can fast forward and rewind, the b button does nothing and some of the other buttons talk about some delay number or something, so the only way i can then change the file im watching is to reset the wii. Even he home button doesnt do anything.

is this just me?

blahdc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jservs7 said:
blahdc said:

.76 Beta has alot of loading issues. Anything from just starting the application, browsing or getting on SMB. Usually a restart of the app fixes these things.

I do have cIOS202 merged with IOS60. Maybe I will try to downgrade to .75 tonight. Anyone know the min connection requirement for the wifi to stream without buffering problems? I'm just trying to stream 700mb movies....

Skoopman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
blahdc said:

What? For me it takes 5-10 seconds lol. Even on files >2GB I am using a D-Link DIR-615

QUOTE said:
i got a really strange problem. yesterday i watched 2 movies in a row and today i watched a movie splited into 2 files. the first played fine file played fine, but at about 3/4 of the second file mplayer froze. i still could sync the wiimote, but i had to shut down the wii by pressing the powerbutton for a couple of seconds because there was no reaction on reset or any wiimote input.

maybe somebody else experienced this behavior of mplayer.
Well with the .75 update the freezing problem should have gone but it did not, I still have some freezing now and than.

I do have cIOS202 merged with IOS60. Maybe I will try to downgrade to .75 tonight. Anyone know the min connection requirement for the wifi to stream without buffering problems? I'm just trying to stream 700mb movies....

How far away is your wireless router? If there are some walls between it and the Wii you will have a bad connection and streaming will be impossible. The wireless capabilites of the Wii are really bad so it should be at least in the same room.

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
madtamski said:
The may be a problem with you input.cfg file.

It controls what happens when you press a button on your mote.

Try replacing it?

thanks. i deleted it and reran the app, same problem.

when a file is playing, and i press all the buttons on wiimote

up, down, left and right skip forward or backwards

+ gives a message about sub position

home give sub delay as does 1

A and B do nothing

this is driving me up the wall!

arogance1

Trophies
XP
Country
jservs7 said:

Any guides on how to do this?
I just updated to 4.2E using the safe updater and having a few problems with Mplayer CE .75

dohclude

Trophies
Website
www.MODaWii.com
XP
Country
United States
Has anybody gotten mkv videos with .srt soft subs to display the subtitles at all? The only type of subs that seem to show up in an mkv container for me are idx/sub. I turn them on in the options but they don't show up at all. I'm on 0.75.

propered

Trophies
XP
Country
madeirabhoy said:
madtamski said:
The may be a problem with you input.cfg file.

It controls what happens when you press a button on your mote.

Try replacing it?

thanks. i deleted it and reran the app, same problem.

when a file is playing, and i press all the buttons on wiimote

up, down, left and right skip forward or backwards

+ gives a message about sub position

home give sub delay as does 1

A and B do nothing

this is driving me up the wall!

This happens with me...its fine on teh first run but then the button configs all fail and i get home and 1 buttons chaneg sub position etc and i cant get out or turn off

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...