Homebrew Mplayer-CE

rodries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
spacedkadet said:
With a standard install of 0.75. i use notepadd++ to change the ip and folder name (these are both correct and tested on my laptop) in smb.conf and mplayerce freezes when selecting "open" from the main menu, hard reboot required. remove the settings (only smb1 changed) and works again.
try to format your sd and reinstall mplayerce

can you go to the irc ? irc://irc.efnet.net/mplayer_ce
then you can test a new beta, maybe fix the problem

juggle

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Left my IRC window open today while I was at work and saw the new beta to try. So gave it a try along with a few other things.

Things I tried:
Running mplayer_ce off my USB drive instead of SD
Running off of a USB memory stick instead of SD or drive.
Reformatted SD
Fresh install from google code
Repeat first 3 items
Replaced the .dol with the one from IRC
Repeat the first 3 items

In all cases it works fine as long as I don't edit any of the .conf files. But as soon as I do I start to get the random freezes in the menus again - and when I do make it through to the network just get the same "please wait" or "error reconnecting" too fast for it to really be trying to connect.

Other networking on the wii works fine, and so does shoutcast. But SMB/FTP cause random freezes in the menus as soon as I edit the .conf files to enable them. (Using ultraedit and preserving the line end mode which has worked in all previous versions up until .75)

Trying to find time to try some of this interactively while in IRC...but right now my IRC client is in a different building than my wii so it's a little tricky...may have time tomorrow evening to get my notebook near the wii.

Love mplayer - just getting tired of having to swap from my game drive to my video drive and carrying the video drive back and forth to the computer I keep my videos on.

Downloaded the source from CSV but having some build issues. Got libogc, libfat and freetype to build...but getting errors on libjpeg (ugh, jpeg libraries always give me a hard time for some reason), libiconv and libfribidi still. For some reason I'm getting a permission denied error when I try to do the make install:

Code:
Make: execvp: /bin/install: Permission denied

I'm guessing devkitpro is using cygwin based on that path? Got to do more reading about devkit....

rodries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
juggle said:
Left my IRC window open today while I was at work and saw the new beta to try. So gave it a try along with a few other things.

Things I tried:
Running mplayer_ce off my USB drive instead of SD
Running off of a USB memory stick instead of SD or drive.
Reformatted SD
Fresh install from google code
Repeat first 3 items
Replaced the .dol with the one from IRC
Repeat the first 3 items

In all cases it works fine as long as I don't edit any of the .conf files. But as soon as I do I start to get the random freezes in the menus again - and when I do make it through to the network just get the same "please wait" or "error reconnecting" too fast for it to really be trying to connect.

Other networking on the wii works fine, and so does shoutcast. But SMB/FTP cause random freezes in the menus as soon as I edit the .conf files to enable them. (Using ultraedit and preserving the line end mode which has worked in all previous versions up until .75)
It's normal at the beggining because mplayer need to connect all network stuff, so when you access to smb or ftp sometimes you will get a freezee 1 or 2 seconds to stablish connection and read directory.

QUOTE said:
Trying to find time to try some of this interactively while in IRC...but right now my IRC client is in a different building than my wii so it's a little tricky...may have time tomorrow evening to get my notebook near the wii.

Love mplayer - just getting tired of having to swap from my game drive to my video drive and carrying the video drive back and forth to the computer I keep my videos on.

Downloaded the source from CSV but having some build issues. Got libogc, libfat and freetype to build...but getting errors on libjpeg (ugh, jpeg libraries always give me a hard time for some reason), libiconv and libfribidi still. For some reason I'm getting a permission denied error when I try to do the make install:

CODEMake: execvp: /bin/install: Permission denied

I'm guessing devkitpro is using cygwin based on that path? Got to do more reading about devkit....
devkitpro use mingw in windows, it's an odd error. If you are compiling in linux modify Makefile and replace:
/bin/install by /usr/bin/install

juggle

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rodries said:
It's normal at the beggining because mplayer need to connect all network stuff, so when you access to smb or ftp sometimes you will get a freezee 1 or 2 seconds to stablish connection and read directory.

I'm talking about a complete freeze - never comes back even after several minutes. And it's not when I try to access SMB or FTP, it happens on the first menu and other menus before I even bet to the SMB or FTP. But it only happens after I modify smb.conf - if I put the default smb.conf back then no more freezes. Haven't changed how I edit smb.conf or my shares (which I've tested still work) so I can't figure out why it's happening.

QUOTEdevkitpro use mingw in windows, it's an odd error. If you are compiling in linux modify Makefile and replace:
/bin/install by /usr/bin/install

Hmmm, never looked into mingw before - guess I'll have to do some research. Or I could just build in linux - just did it in windows since when I went to download devkitpro there was some message about the windows updater being more up to date so I figured it would be the quickest way to get started. After work tonight I'll try installing DKP under linux and building there. I prefer to keep my development stuff on linux anyway.

AgentX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
juggle said:
rodries said:

I'm talking about a complete freeze - never comes back even after several minutes. And it's not when I try to access SMB or FTP, it happens on the first menu and other menus before I even bet to the SMB or FTP. But it only happens after I modify smb.conf - if I put the default smb.conf back then no more freezes. Haven't changed how I edit smb.conf or my shares (which I've tested still work) so I can't figure out why it's happening.
Do you have a firewall on the PC which has the SMB share?

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Is there any reason to update from .62 which seems to be working perfectly for me? Plus with that menu.conf mod I get more internet channels. And it seems to work with a forwarder better than newer versions.

juggle

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AgentX said:

Just the built in vista crap which is as disabled as I can get it without it complaining every 5 minutes. I can connect to the SMB shares from other computers, and from older versions of Mplayer-ce. Version .75 though I usually can't even get to the SMB menu once I edit smb.conf since it just freezes in the main menu or the file menu most of the time.

rodries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
juggle said:
AgentX said:

Just the built in vista crap which is as disabled as I can get it without it complaining every 5 minutes. I can connect to the SMB shares from other computers, and from older versions of Mplayer-ce. Version .75 though I usually can't even get to the SMB menu once I edit smb.conf since it just freezes in the main menu or the file menu most of the time.
go to irc, I'll give you a beta for testing
irc://irc.efnet.net/mplayer_ce

juggle

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rodries said:
go to irc, I'll give you a beta for testing
irc://irc.efnet.net/mplayer_ce

I won't have time to make it over to IRC until this evening. I did grab the beta you put up on there a day or two ago though for some other people having issues and it's acting the same for me
frown.gif

I should be able to get to IRC sometime after 6 my time (-7GMT) tonight.

spacedkadet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
0.76 still the same for me too, fine until i put the ip in the smb.conf then mplayer_ce just freezes when trying to go into menu choices (all of them).
Exactly the same as 0.75. I have some free time tonight so ill be up for a bit more testing once the daughters in bed heh.

rodries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
spacedkadet said:
0.76 still the same for me too, fine until i put the ip in the smb.conf then mplayer_ce just freezes when trying to go into menu choices (all of them).
Exactly the same as 0.75. I have some free time tonight so ill be up for a bit more testing once the daughters in bed heh.
I don't know where is the problem
I need to know how to reproduce the bug
Do a test, enable network debug
write
network_debug=yes
in mplayer.conf and show me the info on screen
and tell me the time spent to show the info

juggle

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I wasn't able to make it to IRC last night like I had hoped. Todays even busier. But my weekend is looking pretty free so I should be able to stop in sometime over the weekend.

I'll try enabling the debugging as noted above next time I get a chance to mess with the wii.

I'm not sure if it's really network related though since a good portion of the time I can't even get to the network menus since it freezes before I get there once I edit smb.conf.

rodries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
juggle said:
Sorry I wasn't able to make it to IRC last night like I had hoped. Todays even busier. But my weekend is looking pretty free so I should be able to stop in sometime over the weekend.

I'll try enabling the debugging as noted above next time I get a chance to mess with the wii.

I'm not sure if it's really network related though since a good portion of the time I can't even get to the network menus since it freezes before I get there once I edit smb.conf.
Finnally I've found the problem
It's related to threads in libogc, it will be fixed in the next mplayerce version
If you go to irc then you can test the beta to check if the problem is fixed.

juggle

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rodries said:
Finnally I've found the problem
It's related to threads in libogc, it will be fixed in the next mplayerce version
If you go to irc then you can test the beta to check if the problem is fixed.

Good news! My schedule has been pretty crazy the past week so while I've been wanting to stop by the IRC channel I just haven't had any time to follow through
frown.gif

Heck I haven't even had a chance to try turning on the network messages yet. I'll try and stop in soon and see if this latest beta fixes it for me!

I did find time to try compiling the source under linux. But didn't make much headway on that, found I had to tweak a bunch of the Make files to fix hard coded paths...and again ran out of time before I was able to even get all of the required libs to build. Really has been a crazy week for me!

Look forward to trying the next version, keep up the great work guys!

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm having trouble installing the USB2.0 cIOS. When I select IOS60 for installation, the installer tells me, that it's not trucha bug enabled. But according to signCheck it is fake signed.
Then I chose IOS250 as base IOS. The installer continues to the next screen where it says "Installing IOS 202", but it stayed there now for over 5 minutes. So I powered off the Wii cause it doesn't seem to do anything.

I have a 4.1E Wii with Wiikey and the very first version of DVDx installed.

Any idea?

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
SpaceJump said:
I'm having trouble installing the USB2.0 cIOS. When I select IOS60 for installation, the installer tells me, that it's not trucha bug enabled. But according to signCheck it is fake signed.
Then I chose IOS250 as base IOS. The installer continues to the next screen where it says "Installing IOS 202", but it stayed there now for over 5 minutes. So I powered off the Wii cause it doesn't seem to do anything.

Any idea?
at the seleciton screen use IOS36 if you're is a lwoer version with trucha, or use IOS249. Also did you get this from mplayer's google code?

ricain

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rodries said:
ricain said:
Hello,

When played a divx with subtitle (portuguese), and the letter have a emphasis, mplayer give me a "?"

example: acção --> acç?o or às vezes --> ?s vezes

Exist possibility resolved this?

sorry for my very poor english.
Add the next line in mplayer.conf
subcp=ISO-8859-1

Thank you, result.

gracias.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
UranusKiller said:
SpaceJump said:

Any idea?
at the seleciton screen use IOS36 if you're is a lwoer version with trucha, or use IOS249. Also did you get this from mplayer's google code?
It's the same when selecting IOS36 or IOS249. The installer goes to the next screen where it says "Installing IOS 202" and it stays there doing nothing.

I think I downloaded the Installer from a link you once gave me.

EDIT: Just redownloaded the Installer from the Google code page with the same result as mentioned above. And it still says my IOS60 isn't trucha signed, where signCheck says it is. What could be the problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.