Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
UranusKiller said:
juggle: uhmm having a smb.conf with shares which aren't setup correctly won't crash the player, what sys menu you on? do you have cioscorp rubbish? do you have DVDx installed?

4.1U sysmenu, no cioscorp but I do have cIOSr14 as well as the mplayer USB202 cIOS. DVDx was installed from the hackmii installer when I installed HBC (and bootmii, but unfortunately only as IOS.) Since I was only able to do bootmii as IOS I try to stay away from anything risky. I did install the USB Loader GX forwarder though because I hate getting up to swap game discs
wink.gif

The shares in smb.conf should be setup correctly, they're setup the same way they were in .72 and were working then. I'm wondering if maybe it's sensitive to the type of line ends (CR vs. CR/LF)?

I'm going to do a few more experiments to try and narrow it down. I have some free time today so I may grab the sources and see if I can figure out how it loads the conf files. The way that it crashes in the main menu before I even get to the SMB section after I edit smb.conf has me assuming that all conf files are loaded in at boot - but something about my smb.conf must be causing some kind of buffer overflow or other expected condition.

I've been adding 3 shares:

1) my video storage, it's on a Vista Business machine and the share name is 'completed' - no quotes around it in smb.conf it's setup to not need a password.

2) my nslu2 NAS where all my music lives, the share name is "disk 1" so I have it setup with the quotes around the share name and no password.

3) Same as #1 except I provide a username/password since the no password method didn't used to work. I put it in as a backup.

I'm going to try just putting in #1 and see how that goes. Then try just #2. Start narrowing down possible problems.....maybe it's having the same share with different info setup twice that's causing the issues.

juggle

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
UranusKiller said:
remove smb.conf and load mplayerce, all fine? If so uninstal DVDx and reinstall it.

Tried just one SMB entry at a time (leaving the others as they are in the stock file) and had the same problems. Then saw your follow-up post.

Tried removing smb.conf and things seemed better. No freeze in menu and USB worked again. And the stock FTP1 now works (it always froze before) letting me browse my sd card.

Used hackmii (the newest with the new boot2 v0.3) to remove and reinstall DVDx then put in a new smb.conf with just the 1st entry changed to my video folder. USB still worked...but SMB just gave the "uninitilized" error a few times, then the "reconnecting" error. FTP no longer worked either. Change the smb.conf to just have the entry for my NAS and same thing. (and again when I say "just the entry" I mean I leave the stock empty entries there I'm just changing the 1st entry)

After reinstalling DVDx the USB works - but if I get the "Error reconnecting" on FTP or SMB then when I go back to USB it freezes when I select FAT32 again.

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
juggle said:
UranusKiller said:
remove smb.conf and load mplayerce, all fine? If so uninstal DVDx and reinstall it.

Tried just one SMB entry at a time (leaving the others as they are in the stock file) and had the same problems. Then saw your follow-up post.

Tried removing smb.conf and things seemed better. No freeze in menu and USB worked again. And the stock FTP1 now works (it always froze before) letting me browse my sd card.

Used hackmii (the newest with the new boot2 v0.3) to remove and reinstall DVDx then put in a new smb.conf with just the 1st entry changed to my video folder. USB still worked...but SMB just gave the "uninitilized" error a few times, then the "reconnecting" error. FTP no longer worked either. Change the smb.conf to just have the entry for my NAS and same thing. (and again when I say "just the entry" I mean I leave the stock empty entries there I'm just changing the 1st entry)

After reinstalling DVDx the USB works - but if I get the "Error reconnecting" on FTP or SMB then when I go back to USB it freezes when I select FAT32 again.
Try uninstalling DVDx, and just install the cIOS 202 from MPlayer CE's download page.

http://mplayer-ce.googlecode.com/files/cIOS_Installer.rar

juggle

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kakkoii said:
Try uninstalling DVDx, and just install the cIOS 202 from MPlayer CE's download page.

http://mplayer-ce.googlecode.com/files/cIOS_Installer.rar

I already installed the cIOS 202 from MPlayer's googecode site. So first I tried just uninstalling dvdx (using the hackmii installer). Still had the same problems.

I then downloaded a fresh copy of the cIOS installer and ran it. Still getting random freezes in the menus again.

Next I removed /apps/mplayer_ce from my SD card and then re-installed from HBB.

Working again except of course SMB isn't working since I haven't edited the smb.conf

Copied over an edited smb.conf with ftpii and now I'm back to getting the "network init please wait" and "error reconnecting". USB works unless I try SMB and then it will freeze when I select "FAT32" again.

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what it's worth. Occasionally my network doesn't init properly and it gives me weird problems. Earlier for example I was in ftpii and it gave me some weird network not configured error. Whatever, was to lazy to bother so I went on with what I was doing and ran mplayer to watch some stuff.

Well mplayer started up and I proceeded directly to my smb share. The menu basically froze up. During the freeze up I of course like a spaz hit 43 buttons on my remote. So i'm not sure if it the smb resulted in an error, because I had a lot of spam when it unstuck. I stupidly tried another smb share, same result.

Rebooted my wii, back to everything fine. Anyway, i tell that story because the symptoms at least mimic yours. However in my case it's not the SMB that's a problem, it's my the software failing to init my network for some reason. Have you tried to use the ftp feature in the latest mplayer? I doubt you're running a ftpd, but if you're using any variation of windows you could just google Serv-u, takes like 3mins to set up and install. If you get similar results at least you know it's not smb specifically that's the problem.

If you've tried ftp, and ofcourse to reitrate, i don't mean ftpii, but edit'ing the ftp.conf in mplayer and using it, then forgive me. I've been reading this thread throughout the day but am to lazy to brush-up before posting.

edit: just thought of something else.. and again my lack of motivation prohibits me from reading back a few pages. But i recall someone saying they were editting smb.conf with notepad. The line breaks, iirc, in smb.conf aren't compatible with a stock copy of notepad. You'll want to use an editor that support *nix style linebreaks. So if you're the guy that's been using notepad, you may google notepad++, freeware, and will edit it properly.

If you're not sure if your editor is compatible, when you first open one of the confs, if it doesn't appear to be one long run-on-sentence of a line, than your editor is compatible. If however you're manually chopping the file up the then that could be causing an issue with mplayer reading it.

juggle

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ossot said:
If you've tried ftp, and ofcourse to reitrate, i don't mean ftpii, but edit'ing the ftp.conf in mplayer and using it, then forgive me. I've been reading this thread throughout the day but am to lazy to brush-up before posting.

I tried the FTP with the defaults settings in there. I was somewhat surprised to see 192.168.2.1 basically work like a loopback and give me the contents of my SD card. I don't have anything on 192.168.2.1 on my network so I'm not sure why that happened. Now that I think about it maybe it's a sign of something else wrong.

I'll try setting up a ftp connection and see if it works...though now even the 192.168.2.1 is giving me the "error reconnecting"

QUOTEedit: just thought of something else.. and again my lack of motivation prohibits me from reading back a few pages. But i recall someone saying they were editting smb.conf with notepad. The line breaks, iirc, in smb.conf aren't compatible with a stock copy of notepad. You'll want to use an editor that support *nix style linebreaks. So if you're the guy that's been using notepad, you may google notepad++, freeware, and will edit it properly.

If you're not sure if your editor is compatible, when you first open one of the confs, if it doesn't appear to be one long run-on-sentence of a line, than your editor is compatible. If however you're manually chopping the file up the then that could be causing an issue with mplayer reading it.

I have been using stock windows XP notepad. But I've also been using UltraEdit. I just tried it in UE saving as Unix (LF only) which resulted in a smaller file than the default file and resulted in the same problems. Then I tried it as DOS (CR/LF) and the filesize was back close to the default but I still have the same problems.

It was all working on .72 so I'm still scratching my head since nothing else has changed on my end.

juggle

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Went back to the default smb.conf and tried adding a ftp site to ftp.conf. No go, no freezes like when I edit smb.conf...but just gives "error reconnecting" instantly (like way too fast to have even tried a connection instantly.) USB does not lock up after editing ftp.conf like it does after I edit smb.conf...but FTP doesn't work either.

Went back to default smb.conf and default ftp.conf. USB works again, SMB fails (since I don't have the shares defined in the default) but at least takes long enough to appear to be trying before just popping up an error. FTP gives instant fail as if it isn't even trying.

aabbccdd

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm gonna ask again in this topic.

Should Mplayer-CE play copy protected DVD movies fine? I have 2 Disney Fast Play -titles, and they won't play. I can get to the menu of other one, but that other movie doesn't even go that far. All other movies work just fine.

NoFate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ok, i am new to this....

I just installed on 0.75 om my hardmodded wii with version 3.4.
I also installed dvdx3.4

But when i want to play a burned dvd (platitum+) it just doest work

I see the message mounting dvd but then it stops... ( i also hear the wii spinning the disc for 2 secs)

What am i doing wrong?

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
aabbccdd said:

Should Mplayer-CE play copy protected DVD movies fine? I have 2 Disney Fast Play -titles, and they won't play. I can get to the menu of other one, but that other movie doesn't even go that far. All other movies work just fine.
dvd video compatibility is not perfect at all. most of my originals don't work at all. i don't know if it's a problem with the drive or the wii it self.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
NoFate said:
ok, i am new to this....

I also installed dvdx3.4

I see the message mounting dvd but then it stops... ( i also hear the wii spinning the disc for 2 secs)

What am i doing wrong?
don't use that DVDx installer, install the cIOS as i said above in another post, and install DVDx with the hackmii installer.

aabbccdd

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Screemer said:
aabbccdd said:

dvd video compatibility is not perfect at all. most of my originals don't work at all. i don't know if it's a problem with the drive or the wii it self.

Okay. It's annoying, those disks won't even work on my computer, so at the moment there's no way of watching those two movies :|

NoFate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
UranusKiller said:
NoFate said:
ok, i am new to this....

I also installed dvdx3.4

What am i doing wrong?
don't use that DVDx installer, install the cIOS as i said above in another post, and install DVDx with the hackmii installer.

i already installed dvdx3.4 , do i need to reinstall that one after i do the cios202?

how comes the cios202 will allow me to play/spin dvds?

PS : i am still on 3.4

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
NoFate said:
UranusKiller said:
NoFate said:
ok, i am new to this....

I also installed dvdx3.4

What am i doing wrong?

i already installed dvdx3.4 , do i need to reinstall that one after i do the cios202?

how comes the cios202 will allow me to play/spin dvds?

PS : i am still on 3.4
if you have fakesigning on a ios you know, use that to install the cIOS, read up first though on the wiki, it has commands to read disk, so no need for DVDx at all anyway, yeah you should really update your'e wii, 3.4 is rubbish anyway. And after updating, don't downgrade the system menu, that's just _lame_

http://code.google.com/p/mplayer-ce/wiki/USB20 read this and follow to the brim, then retry MPlayerCE.

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So today mplayerce decided to completely quit working over the network at all.

First off, i've changed absolutely nothing since it was working yesterday. And no, I don't mean I've not changed anything with mplayer-ce's set up. I mean nothing has been installed to my nand at all. I did yesterday at one point dump my nand to SD and play some wiiware using triiforce. But nothing was installed other than to sdcards.

I tried to connect to my smb shares and mplayerce just locks up, indefinitely. Hard power cycle. Tried again a few more times, same outcome. Deleted mplayer & config files from the sdcard. Did a fresh install of 0.75. It now just continuously gives cannot connect to smb1/2...etc.

When I try using ftp, which I've also had set up and working previously, it doesnt give an error or anything, i just get a blank screen. I just assume due to ftp implementation being new, an error message was overlooked.

Latest mplayer-ce's IOS 202 is and has been installed. Network is working fine through ftpii, games, and HBC. Booting it from HBC, not via a forwarder or channel. Network, as I said, has just flat stopped. No changes made via my router either. Everything is exactly as it was yesterday when it was previously working. WTF i say.. WTF.

edit: only home for lunch, so can't do too much trouble shooting. I have however rebooted my computer, and checked all smb & ftp shares via a laptop on the wifi network. I also just re-intsalled IOS 202. Then checked via AnytitleD to make sure it did install ok. Still cannot connect to anything. It's as if mplayer doesnt even try. I've also tried my old SDCard just because, and it did the exact same thing. Loaded up fine, but wont connect to anything.

Anyone have any clue other than jesus hates me? I have absolutely no idea what the problem could be. As I said, everything else will use the network just fine. Connection tests are fine. The shares are live. The ftpd is live. Passwords are correct. No IOS changes. No configuration changes.

I'll try .72 later when I get home again, but i'd sooner just run stuff off sdcard than have constant freeze ups =/

edit2: Returned home, decided i love non-freezing videos so I didnt even try .72. I've instead formatted my USB HDD to add a Fat32 partition. It's fully functional with that. But i'd still adore being able to stream stuff so I dont have to unplug my HDD every monday =/

ricain

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello,

When played a divx with subtitle (portuguese), and the letter have a emphasis, mplayer give me a "?"

example: acção --> acç?o or às vezes --> ?s vezes

Exist possibility resolved this?

sorry for my very poor english.

rodries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ricain said:
Hello,

When played a divx with subtitle (portuguese), and the letter have a emphasis, mplayer give me a "?"

example: acção --> acç?o or às vezes --> ?s vezes

Exist possibility resolved this?

sorry for my very poor english.
Add the next line in mplayer.conf
subcp=ISO-8859-1

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an update incase someday someone comes across my problem and has any clue. Which i doubt.. but ya..
frown.gif

Still absolutely no connectivity with smb at all. I've turned windows firewall on/off, and even set up shares on another PC on the wifi network, same results. However, I did try a radio stream in mplayer from the default selections, and it loaded absolutely fine and as I'd expect. So it just appears to be smb & ftp that took a nose dive. =/

spacedkadet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
With a standard install of 0.75. i use notepadd++ to change the ip and folder name (these are both correct and tested on my laptop) in smb.conf and mplayerce freezes when selecting "open" from the main menu, hard reboot required. remove the settings (only smb1 changed) and works again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKqmsCtbKA8