Hacking MPlayer CE v0.5 released!

AgentX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
magic12 said:
sheridan2000 said:
Files that also played perfectly before now dont play and the thing freezes up. upgrade at your own risk........pants!!

same here
Such as? Post on the Google Code Issues page with a sample of the video if you want a chance of getting things fixed. Saying "it doesn't work" is not going to get anything done.

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So does this version now use the Cios Rev 9 (or whichever one there was for USB 2.0) For USB 2.0 support or do you still need to use the old method?

gilaben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sheridan2000 said:
UranusKiller said:
QUOTE said:
There are no Widescreen releases as of yet for 0.5. 0.4 had a widescreen verision. Ill let you know as soon as a widescreen version is out for 0.5
What? You wanna start learning to *Read* Changelogs!

- SMB now much more robust - thanks to DennisLKJ for smb.c fix
- libfat cache improved for speed and stability
- USB ethernet now fixed with USB 1.1; USB 2.0 fix requires an updated cIOS
- Added ability to manipulate picture using the nunchuck
- Updated to latest MPlayer revision
- Now using subfont.ttf instead of font folder - use mplayer.conf to change font size
- Merged widescreen and 4:3 pack - now MPlayer will use the appropriate loop.avi automatically
- Improved modchip compatibility for DVD

And this is much more reliable than previous versions.

what you wanna start learning some manners son, some kinda bully are ya, daddy not love you enough...any way im sure he can read just fine just missed that part and for your info its not as good as other releases as it dont play files that the other one does...PATPAT sonny...

By posting this you have become an even bigger jerk than the previous jerk.

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
doesn't work for me xD

code dump when i try to start the channel installed from the wad i downloaded from the link in post #1.

and it freezes saying 'loading mplayer' or something when i try to run from HBC - i got the boot.dol from wiibrew.org

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
wiiman123 said:
CIJC said:
doesn't work for me xD

code dump when i try to start the channel installed from the wad i downloaded from the link in post #1.

and it freezes saying 'loading mplayer' or something when i try to run from HBC - i got the boot.dol from wiibrew.org

Please note that some code dumps are caused when you install DVDx with IOS202, IOS222, IOS249. Try uninstalling dvdx or reinstalling dvdx with IOS254!
yay.gif

im on 4.0... so i have to use the 3.4 installer.

im pretty sure it installs with 249
frown.gif

EDIT: I GOT IT WORKING!!!!! ;D

must have been dodgy downloads, because when i downloaded it from the official googe code site it worked!

typo99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to get this to use cISO249 instead of IOS202?

I upgraded using wanin's 4.0 upgrader so apparently I can't reinstall DVDX now to use the USB2.0 IOS202.

Seems only the 3.2 version of DVDX allows one to point to a specific IOS to use. Weird.

KaNiMziE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
typo99 said:
Is there a way to get this to use cISO249 instead of IOS202?

I upgraded using wanin's 4.0 upgrader so apparently I can't reinstall DVDX now to use the USB2.0 IOS202.

Seems only the 3.2 version of DVDX allows one to point to a specific IOS to use. Weird.

Well you need to downgrade to 3.2U install DVDX and Upgrade again to 4U

KaNiMziE

jimshabadoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use Mplayer-CE 0.5 and am having great difficulty getting it to play files through my external HD. Here is my setup:

3.2U
Had previously installed cIOS249 rev10 (the updated one) for USB Loader
Installed mplayer 0.4
Installed USB CIOS2
Installed DVDx (the advanced method to IOS202)
Using Partitioned hard drive (the 1st partition is WBFS and is listed as "primary," the 2nd partition is FAT32 and is listed as "primary")

This didn't work, so I decided to wait until .5. Now 0.5 has arrived and it still doesn't work.

I'd like to be able to play movie files from the hard drive, but it doesn't seem to recognize it. When I select "Wii USB" as my source, it tries for a second and then returns to the select source screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

KaNiMziE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jimshabadoo said:
I'm trying to use Mplayer-CE 0.5 and am having great difficulty getting it to play files through my external HD. Here is my setup:

3.2U
Had previously installed cIOS249 rev10 (the updated one) for USB Loader
Installed mplayer 0.4
Installed USB CIOS2
Installed DVDx (the advanced method to IOS202)
Using Partitioned hard drive (the 1st partition is WBFS and is listed as "primary," the 2nd partition is FAT32 and is listed as "primary")

This didn't work, so I decided to wait until .5. Now 0.5 has arrived and it still doesn't work.

I'd like to be able to play movie files from the hard drive, but it doesn't seem to recognize it. When I select "Wii USB" as my source, it tries for a second and then returns to the select source screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I have same problem with one HDD, I try with USB stick memory and work great!
Well My HDD have 2 partitions on it, first is 512gig NTFS for video and music and second one 512gig WBFS for USB Loader

Right now I use GreeBox to read avi on first partition and I use Mplayer CE .5 for SMB share on network

KaNiMziE

jd506

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiman123 said:
This is my favourite mediaplayer on Wii
grog.gif
Recommend it to everyone!

Grab yourself a copy and check the changelog:
http://webrewwii.blogspot.com/2009/04/mpla...5-released.html
yay.gif
grog.gif
Cheers

If you're going to post about a homebrew release, especially one that you
have no affiliation with, at least post a link to the project's official website.

Not your shitty blog that asks for donations and links directly to the download at their project's google code.

http://code.google.com/p/mplayer-ce/

This thread should be closed and you should be banned.

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Really like that project, Although I still can'T use it...

Couldn't you make Mplayer CE work with others then the first partition on a HDD?
NTFS support would also be nice...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: