kizer8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scrotty said:
kizer8 said:
I did, but I still cannot connect. What did you do on your vista PC and the smb.conf file specifically? Can you detail it for me what permissions settings, etc...
Thanks,
Kizer
On the Vista machine I created a share on a folder called video and left it with the default premissions in place - i.e just myself having access. Then in the smb.conf file I edited each section to reflect the shares which in the case of the Vista machine was:

#Samba share1 (smb1:/)
ip1=192.168.192.102

kizer8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scrotty said:
kizer8 said:
Does your username have the domain\ listed or just the username?
Just the username - no domain prefix.

I think I have tried that before, but I will try again. Do you mind sending me a screen capture of the share and security permission on your video folder?

scrotty

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kizer8 said:
Do you mind sending me a screen capture of the share and security permission on your video folder?
Here you go...

share.jpg

Ben.

Trophies
XP
Country
scrotty said:
Ben. said:
I still can't get 0.4 or 0.5 to run on my wii.

http://code.google.com/p/mplayer-ce/issues/detail?id=206
Ben,

Not sure if that's your screen shot of the files on there (different usernames etc) but that folder looks diffrenet to what I've got in mine and it could be the reason for the failure. Looking at the majority of the files, they are all 1k in size whereas the same files on my machine are various sizes upto 320k. There are also a couple of files missing too but just how important they are I don't know - readme files, and empty folder and a config file with only one comment in it.

mplayer.jpg

I don't seem to have a file named config and there isn't even one in the official Mplayer release when I redownload it.

Stroganoff

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wiiman123 said:
@jd506

Don't care what you think. The purpose of the blog is to create a place where all homebrew releases from the net can be found. Not just a bunch of scattered websites.

Blah blah bullshit, the sole purpose of your blog is to make some cheap money with ads. Nobody needs your shitty blog since there already is a very good place for all Wii homebrew.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Main_Page

If you want to "help" the community, just sign up there and become a newsposter.
btw your thread is in the wrong sub section kkthxbye

wiiman123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
@Stroganoff

wiibrew doesn't have every Homebrew release. Missing a whole bunch of homebrew that will never been seen there. Secondly they aren't the developers either with some sort of entitlement to publishing exclusivity.

If you didn't notice. Almost every wii related website has ads. Even Wiibrew. lol. Secondly Ad-cents is BS, and pays BS. Watch me roll in my pile of pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters.
biggrin.gif

Still enjoying Mplayer though. Hope you are too
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-