Motocross Challenge (GBA) goes public

Guert

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I can't deny that we've inspired ourselves from excitbike. Actually, it's one of the reason why this project has been created. We've played Excitebike alot back in the days and Nintendo never gave us a true sequel. Sure, they created the 64 version, but it wasn't the same. So, we decided to take the business on our own and create an "evolution" or the game. We didn't want to simply clone excitebike, we wanted to add numerous features to it and change the way we played it. It's not perfect but we did our best.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone! I'm surprised that there are so much comments about this!
biggrin.gif
Never thought it would be like that! I'm happy about it tho!
biggrin.gif

Take care!
Guert

nephdj

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope to try out this game soon, dissapointing the deal was broken and proberly missed out on money which would of helped u grow
future luck to your company

feel more like california games bmx then excite bike to myself, very good
smile.gif

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
It really sucks that your publishing deal fell through. If you're releasing this game for free, do you think you'll ever release the source for this game? I mean if you don't I'd understand, but it would definitely be a nice present for those who were once in your situation
smile.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm enjoying the game, but i haven't quite figured out the gameplay (i better read the instructions). after i ride a bit the bike suddenly slows down .... or stuff like that...

Guert

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello there!

As for now, we are not planning on the release of the source code. We are mainly focusing on the rom file.

I must admit that the game is a tad hard to get acquainted with at the beguinning but it's not very complicated. The bike will slow down if you try to use you're boost when the gauge is empty. To replenish the gauge, you must perform various airborn tricks. To do so, when in the air, press and hold the L trigger, then, press a direction on the pad. At first, you have only the superman and the Nac-nac, but you'll unlock more as you win Trick attack events. Also, the backflip can be performed by holding backward on the pad while in the air. If you succesfully perform a 360 rotation, you'll have pulled the backflip.

Hope this helps and thank you for all of your comments!
Guert

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
has anyone a walkthrough for the last seal cuz i am getting frustrated i cant go further in the university so plz link or anything for that matter thanks
P.S i know u guys are talking about motocross but i saw this as the only way to get an answer

Heavy Stylus

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,

With DHG's help and authorisation, RGCD have produced a limited quantity of Motocross Challenge cartridges and are selling them at cost price via our shop (http://www.rgcd.co.uk/shop). Info cut and pasted from website follows:

"RGCD have teamed up with some of the best homebrew developers to bring you the RGCD cart project - top GBA homebrew games on cartridge, sold at cost price and in very limited quantities. Our second release is a game that a lot of you have been waiting for... RGCD and DHG Games present the authorised cartridge release of RGCD #02's featured game; Motocross Challenge!

Originally planned as a commercial GBA release, Motocross Challenge had been in development for three years by relatively small indie developer DHG. In 2006 they signed the game to what they describe on their website as "a very big and international publisher that shall remain unnamed". After a further six months of solid work, the game was finally completed in February 2007 - yet while it was in final testing the publisher decided that the GBA market wouldn't support enough sales of a non-licensed game to make releasing it worthwhile. The project was thereafter cancelled, despite just needing to be written to a cartridge, stuck in a box and shipped to the shops.

Without the necessary resources to port the game to another platform and with a strong desire to actually let someone play the damn thing, DHG made the amicable decision to host their opus for download from their website. However, following our glowing review of the game, we at RGCD thought that this outstanding title should be given the proper cartridge release that it deserves. So with DHG Games' authorisation we've created a limited batch of MXC cartridges for you to buy and plug into your GBA, SP, Micro or DS!

For the small sum of £8.50 (including P&P), MXC can be yours to own today. As per RGCD's other cart releases, MXC is strictly limited to less than 100 carts.

Read full game review » http://www.rgcd.co.uk/shop/reviews/motocross-challenge/

(Please note that MXC now has a (limited) save function; the game saves your last achieved password in the cart's SRAM, saving you the bother of having to write down codes after each game. Bonus! Also, there is a reason this cart is for sale for considerable more than the usual price - DHG requested that we send them 20 carts in order for us to proceed with this cartridge project, and clearly the money to buy those had to come from somewhere... However, when you take into consideration that this was originally coded as a commercial game, our budget price tag is still very reasonable.)"

We're looking to release several more homebrew carts, so if you've got a game that you'd like to see released, drop us a line via the website
smile.gif

Note that our shop is run strictly on a non-commercial, non-profit basis - so please don't flame me! Any and all revenue from cartridge sales will directly offset the cost of production and shipping. Faulty carts and other returns will be refunded in full.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo